Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 130 hp Rotax Engine!!!

I have read several articles about the Spyder Rotax engine being on the Aprila before it was on the Spyder. I also have read that the engine was then rated at 130 horsepower instead of the 106 hp or 100 hp before "remapping" for touring.

What I would like to know is this, "can we "remap" the engine back up to that 130 horsepower rating? If so, how? Would any of the mechanical parts of the engine need to be changed?

I know a lot of folks who would love that 130 hp engine even with the reduced gas mileage. Let us all this now, OK?

Thanks, Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm with Ya !!! I'd love more HP more is always better

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was 146 horse. And you need a new top end.... so yes, you need parts.

Spyder Garage

Actually, it depends on which Aprilia you're talking about, the Tuono has (had) around 130 hp, the RSV has (had) around 145 to 150. In either case, they'd be awful peaky for the Spyder, the torque comes in way up the rpm band, as does the hp.
    If you want more useable power, it's going to be expensive, a jug and piston kit or a stroker kit, or both, could be made to work with the existing control module, and the torque could be made to come in at lower revs. All it comes down to is cubic money.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like Evoluzione has changed a little, they had an engine kit to boost hp to 145. Some of their other spyder items have gone away, too. Maybe ebay or instock somewhere.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black