Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default Sometimes the Trip Detours Before it Begins

I should be in Maggie Valley today enjoying the scenery and camaraderie of hundreds of other Spyder owners. Unfortunately life has dealt a couple of hard blows this week.

On Monday a close family friend died suddenly from complications with cancer. Bill was like my second daddy through my early childhood and was one of the greatest men I knew. I spent several hours with his family on Wednesday and was going to miss his funeral on Thursday to leave for Lamonster’s BBQ and then on to Maggie Valley. I felt OK about missing Bill’s celebration (that’s what he insisted we call it) because as a former Triumph dealer, Bill loved motorcycles. He had been enthusiastically following my Spyder adventures and would have preferred that I make trip. (He was even buried in his motorcycle leathers).

But early Thursday morning I got another call. One of my closest friends tragically lost her daddy. There is a saying that friends are the family you choose. Well, Candy and I are family. We are raising our kids together and have been momma to each other’s children countless times. And sometimes that kind of family is what you need when you face a crisis in your blood family.

So in tears I wrestled with the decision, but finally called Chaz at BRP to tell him that I had to stay behind. He was kind in his understanding and encouraged me to do what I felt was right.

Still I’m sad over losing the opportunity to make some new family ties in this wonderful Spyder community. I had a list of people I was anxious to meet, hug and get to know. I had already planned my video blog to be kind of like the roving reporter. [Me roaming the fairgrounds with my camera, getting video of folks by their Spyders: Can you please give me your name, where you’re from and tell me your favorite thing about your Spyder.] I wanted to capture the best part of Spyder ownership—the people.

So since I can’t be there face-to-face with camera in hand, I’m going to ask for a favor…when you get a moment post on the Can-Am Spyder Facebook page a picture of you next to your Spyder and make a comment that answers the question I would have asked you. Name, where you’re from, and your favorite thing about your Spyder.

It doesn’t matter if you are in Maggie Valley or not. If you’re a Spyder owner, I’d love to hear from you. While I know most of you have posted photos and comments about your Spyders on this site many times over the years, I think it would be cool to have it all at once, just like I would have collected in person as a digital scrapbook. Then we have one more way to share in the trip and hopefully make it there together next year.

p.s. Please take a few good curves for me on Tail of the Dragon, if you're there.

Spyder Garage

Very sorry to hear about your lose.. I for one must admit that you truley made the right decision.. You and your family and friends are in our prays.. Besides Faran -- there is ALWAYS next year right??..

X-Joe

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

God has RECEIVED (not taken) two of his children and has appointed you to help with the ministering of the survivors while you grieve yourself. Hopefully, you can do this with members of the Spyder community as He has allowed me to do. God bless and Ryde safe!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Amen. Amen. My prayer is for God's comfort.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your loss. May Angels guide you through the following days and help you and your friends get through these tough times.

May your days be blessed

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

on making a tough decision.
    Lots of prayers and hugs going out to you as you support your family.

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

God Bless.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You made the right decision. There will be many more rallies, but very few close friends.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your family of friends. I know how hard it is to lose someone so close. I lost my little brother 2 years ago, my mom 6 months after that and my Dad a year after that. Thank God for friends and family that you have at home and here in Spyder Land. We never know when we will be called home so live everyday like it's your last day. Love everyone and know you are thought about.
    Life should NOT be journey to grave with intention of arriving safely in attractive and well-preserved body, but rather you skid in sideways on 1 leg with body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Spyder Garage

You have to do what's right, and it sure sound like that's exactly what you chose to do. Deepest sympathies to you and the families feeling these losses.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the loss. You made the right decision.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default So Sorry

So sorry for your losses. Two in one week is two too many. My prayers are with you, your friends, and family. More time in the future to meet and greet. First things first. Take care. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

As hard as the decision was, you made the correct one. Our prayers are with you and your friends.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Faran, we know there really is no need for an apology when you are exactly where God has placed you. It's when you step outside of that place that apologies are needed. Stay where He's put you and let Him be gloried through you and through this sorrow.

We'll meet the next time!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sympathies and players for all involved. Those in pain and grieving needed you far more than anyone here in MV. We are thankful that you followed your heart.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Amen. Sorry you couldn't make it, Faran. Full report as promised after this weekend!

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the encouragement and kind words. You may not know it, but your posts help make missing MV easier. (Although I have to confess that I have found myself looking at the clock several times today and wondering what y'all were up to at that time!)

Enjoy tomorrow!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Thanks to all for the encouragement and kind words. You may not know it, but your posts help make missing MV easier. (Although I have to confess that I have found myself looking at the clock several times today and wondering what y'all were up to at that time!)

Enjoy tomorrow!
    This may help....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29695

blessings....

Spyder Garage

You made the right decision. God bless. Sorry to hear about the bad news. there will be plenty of other opportunities to hook up with other Spyder owners. You're always welcome out here in California anytime.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Sorry for your loss..............you have made the right decision to stay where you are needed most. Linda and I will be praying for you're comfort in this time of sorrow.

Spyder Garage

Red face

Very sorry for your loss and your friends loss as well. We all understand it and can appreciate the struggle, yet strong sence of reality.

My next few items here are meant for encouragement, not sorrow.

My Wife and I purchased our RT-S in memory of our Son who we lost about a month after his 21st Birthday. He was a passenger in a car accident and did not make it, tried for five days in ICU with a lot of prayer, family and friends. Our maker had other plans...

You see originally we had been talking with our Son on getting a pair of RS's... It just felt right to get one after his passing, and got an RT-S.

Then we Lost our 16 year old Shepard, then our 14 year old Dalmation, then my Step Father, Step Grand Mother, and Step Grand Father. All in the same year.

Why am I saying all of this? Because we find peace when ryding. It helps heal, or at the least remind us of our own personal blessings in life. No Cell Phones, no internet, no hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Ryding is quite therapeutic and you may find it gives you the "Re-charge" you need to be who you are. We feel it does for us.
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel that way too. There were a great few minutes today when the whole world melted away and it was just me and the road. Like flying, low to the ground.

IWYN, so sorry to hear about what you have been through. You deserve a hundred years worth of perfect riding weather to enjoy your Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Why am I saying all of this? Because we find peace when ryding. It helps heal, or at the least remind us of our own personal blessings in life. No Cell Phones, no internet, no hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Ryding is quite therapeutic and you may find it gives you the "Re-charge" you need to be who you are. We feel it does for us.
    Thank you very much for sharing. The magnitude of your losses makes it all the more meaningful. And you're right--riding today even for just a little bit helped my spirits.

Spyder Garage

...........I just want to say I am moved by this thread, and that in one's loss of loved ones, something can be gained when shared, so thank you for sharing FaranH, IWN2RYD .......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    I should be in Maggie Valley today enjoying the scenery and camaraderie of hundreds of other Spyder owners. Unfortunately life has dealt a couple of hard blows this week.

On Monday a close family friend died suddenly from complications with cancer. Bill was like my second daddy through my early childhood and was one of the greatest men I knew. I spent several hours with his family on Wednesday and was going to miss his funeral on Thursday to leave for Lamonster’s BBQ and then on to Maggie Valley. I felt OK about missing Bill’s celebration (that’s what he insisted we call it) because as a former Triumph dealer, Bill loved motorcycles. He had been enthusiastically following my Spyder adventures and would have preferred that I make trip. (He was even buried in his motorcycle leathers).

But early Thursday morning I got another call. One of my closest friends tragically lost her daddy. There is a saying that friends are the family you choose. Well, Candy and I are family. We are raising our kids together and have been momma to each other’s children countless times. And sometimes that kind of family is what you need when you face a crisis in your blood family.

So in tears I wrestled with the decision, but finally called Chaz at BRP to tell him that I had to stay behind. He was kind in his understanding and encouraged me to do what I felt was right.

Still I’m sad over losing the opportunity to make some new family ties in this wonderful Spyder community. I had a list of people I was anxious to meet, hug and get to know. I had already planned my video blog to be kind of like the roving reporter. [Me roaming the fairgrounds with my camera, getting video of folks by their Spyders: Can you please give me your name, where you’re from and tell me your favorite thing about your Spyder.] I wanted to capture the best part of Spyder ownership—the people.

So since I can’t be there face-to-face with camera in hand, I’m going to ask for a favor…when you get a moment post on the Can-Am Spyder Facebook page a picture of you next to your Spyder and make a comment that answers the question I would have asked you. Name, where you’re from, and your favorite thing about your Spyder.

It doesn’t matter if you are in Maggie Valley or not. If you’re a Spyder owner, I’d love to hear from you. While I know most of you have posted photos and comments about your Spyders on this site many times over the years, I think it would be cool to have it all at once, just like I would have collected in person as a digital scrapbook. Then we have one more way to share in the trip and hopefully make it there together next year.

p.s. Please take a few good curves for me on Tail of the Dragon, if you're there.
    Faran, you have been in my prayers since I found out. I finally am home with internet access or you would have heard from me sooner.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.