Thread: RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default RT Limited

I just got my 2011 RT Limited 3 days ago and have been riding to get the 600 miles for service B/4 a trip in early July. More seat time is certainly a learning curve from 2 wheels.

Twice my dash has suddenly faded almost to black and only the speed is barely visible in a light gray strip. Than after being parked or battery tendered overnite all is back to normal?? Anyone have that happen to them?

Also wondered if these marvelous machines have a default code box like autos have for mechanics to recall problems?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3pod View Post
    I just got my 2011 RT Limited 3 days ago and have been riding to get the 600 miles for service B/4 a trip in early July. More seat time is certainly a learning curve from 2 wheels.

Twice my dash has suddenly faded almost to black and only the speed is barely visible in a light gray strip. Than after being parked or battery tendered overnite all is back to normal?? Anyone have that happen to them?

Also wondered if these marvelous machines have a default code box like autos have for mechanics to recall problems?
    I would call your dealer about the display problem soon. If you wait for you 600 miles service you may miss the trip if they have to replace the cluster. The RT will display an active fault by pressing the Mode, Set and Turn Signal Cancel buttons down at the same time. But this only works on active faults. Your dealership service department can put on a diagnostic computer (BUDS) and recall any recorded faults.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Problem

Y Rider - Thanks for the informative reply. I knew if I posted a question somebody would give an answer. Notifying the dealer B/4 the 600 miles check is good advice so I won't miss my trip in case parts have to be ordered prior.

How do you like your RT Limited? I feel self conscious riding though as people rubber neck as they pass by. Went to a church DadFest last night and had more questions and admirers than you could shake a stick at. The best thing so far is not putting feet down at stops to balance a heavy Harley ( but I still miss mine).

Spyder Garage

For the most part my RT Limited has been working well. Had a few issues with it going into Limp Home mode but hopefully that has been resolved. My previous bike was a 2007 HD Ultra Classic. It was getting to be a chore trying to hold it upright at stop signs with a passenger. A couple times I almost dropped it due to some loose rock and oil at the stop sign. With the Spyder all that is history. No stress at all with a passenger at stops. The few things I wasn't real happy about was the wimpy horn and lack of lighting. I been put on a few mods and now it's pretty much the way I want it (see my signature below). Still have some chome accessories to install then I should be done. At least for now anyway.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White