Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HUSBAND RIDING B_ _ CH IN MAGGIE VALLEY?

Thanks to some of you out there who helped out with your suggestions as to how to get my husband to ride on the back of my during our stay at Maggie Valley. As my reply on the post: "Why Are You Going To Maggie Valley" stated, I am very excited to attend but unfortunately my husband's Harley is in the shop for the next 2 weeks so that means that I will have to be his passenger on my and I will not get the feel of riding the mountains of N.C. myself! Guess I have to suck it up and be his passenger for the week. I will continue to take each and every suggestion that any of you have to give regarding making a husband ride B_ _CH. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I hate being a passenger!!!

Spyder Garage

I ride the Harley, pull the trailer and at the end of the day if we have to drive to dinner I will get on the back and ride B..CH. Not a big deal.

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure of how to get him to ride in the back. Maybe he should trade his harley in for a . Then you both could be riding one. John shared the RT for a while and he liked to ride in the back he thought it was neat for a change. Not for long though. Once I rode in front it didn't take me long before I wanted one myself. If he rides in front on the twisties I bet it won't take long for him to trade his on a . Just tell him he has to share and you get a turn

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My hubby and I sorta made a rule. If he rides with me on my bike, he has to be the passenger. As of right now, we only have the one spyder. LOL It also helped until today that he hadn't yet taken the MSC. I just heard literally a minute ago, he passed the driving portion. So now, I don't know if he'll change the rule. LOL

Truthfully, he says he doesn't mind being the passenger..it gives him the opportunity to take pictures (he's an awesome photographer) and/or look at the scenery, which sometimes you can't see due to being the driver and all, and just relax and take it all in.

The only thing he complains about is the back seat can be..um..not so pleasant on those longer rides. I still have the stock seat so you can see why he's not happy about that feature. lol But I try and not go soooo long between rydes so that we get off, stretch our legs and let our rear-ends get a break.
    Last edited by SpyderMeLucky; 06-12-2011 at 04:41 PM.

arntufun

If you just hang a closed sign off your belt buckle he would change his mind real quick. I know I would !!!

Spyder Garage

I would like to reply to CJ's post. first the longest ride she drove was 100 miles even and I must say I really enjoyed sitting in the back. We have a corbin seat and back rest front and rear. As for your Mr. Mocho man on his HD wake up dude it's not the person who wheres the pants in the family that makes you happy ITS THE ONE WHO WARES THE PANTIES. Besides both her hands are busy and mine our free to blow in the wind or hang on to what ever I feel I can. JC Oh I forgot to say I'm 6'2" and 240 and I had plenty of room.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tell him he can take a nap on the way there. Plus, the driver gets to put the ga in and run into the store for goodies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My husband rode on the back of mine for a very long time. There is nothing wrong with it.

Here is a picture of us riding the Tail of the Dragon in 2009.

2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Way to go HD man. It's still fun isn't! CJ

Spyder Garage

Talk to me at the BBQ, I may be able to help you out.

By the way I don't care what anyone says, guys should NOT be on the back of bikes or Spyders
    http://www.valkyrieriders.com/deathride.htm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They should be riding their own rig!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

By the way I don't care what anyone says, guys should NOT be on the back of bikes or Spyders
    http://www.valkyrieriders.com/deathride.htm
    Funny story. That is what a lot of woman were subjected to for many, many years but the Spyder saved us from certain death on the back of a motorcycle. Now we ride our own.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

I ryde passenger all the time and enjoy it. My wife also enjoys it (RT-S). Frankly many times I have to encourage her to drive because she enjoys looking around so much and feeling free that the driving does not offer her.

Each to their own. I look at it like this. It is not what or where you drive, as long as you do it with friends or family it does not matter.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for all of your great and very funny suggestions on how to get my husband to ride as a passenger at Maggie Valley! It was a lot of fun reading all of your responses. I laughed hard through many of them.
    Wow Lamont, that was some story!!! !!! I sure would have been doing a lot of ! Guess you will NEVER be a passenger again!
    I must say that I think sometimes even in normal riding conditions when you are a passenger and not in control yourself it can be a bit unnerving. That is why I LOVE my ! Hmmm, does this mean I am a control freak?!
    In all seriousness I must say that my husband is really GREAT. When I first got the he rode on the back for days to make sure I was comfortable before I rode alone. He got a lot of guys honking the horn at him and smiling. Not sure if that was a smile of, "you go guy" or " you look bad guy." He makes jokes about not wanting me to ride him but I am sure he would submit to being a passenger for a while. I will just have to show him all of your posts! (Except maybe yours, Lamont. That one may scare him) Sure hope this means I can still wear my Lady Rider shirt!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok I had my husband on the back of my bike 2 times. "I" don't like him there. I feel cramped,and he's not a big guy and I am certainly a small woman, but I'm used to being on my bike alone. So when we have to take 1 bike, i ride pillion.No biggie. We usually will take 2 bikes unless I know there is limited parking or I am too lazy to drive and I want to chill out. My hubbie sold his bike a week before the Turkey Rod Run (Classic car show and swap meet) and it's easier to get around by bike, so I mad a deal with him, I will ride pillion on the way there, but on the way back he has to. So we were leaving the Rod Run and I get on the bike, he gets on behind me, these 2 older guys were giving us weird looks since I was driving. Oh well, a deals a deal. He had no complaints though. He kind of enjoyed looking at the sights, even though he kept reaching over my shoulder to change gears to his liking and giving me "suggestions" on how to drive. That's another reason he's not allowed in the back.
    Joyce

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwhatman View Post
    Ok I had my husband on the back of my bike 2 times. "I" don't like him there. I feel cramped,and he's not a big guy and I am certainly a small woman, but I'm used to being on my bike alone. So when we have to take 1 bike, i ride pillion.No biggie. We usually will take 2 bikes unless I know there is limited parking or I am too lazy to drive and I want to chill out. My hubbie sold his bike a week before the Turkey Rod Run (Classic car show and swap meet) and it's easier to get around by bike, so I mad a deal with him, I will ride pillion on the way there, but on the way back he has to. So we were leaving the Rod Run and I get on the bike, he gets on behind me, these 2 older guys were giving us weird looks since I was driving. Oh well, a deals a deal. He had no complaints though. He kind of enjoyed looking at the sights, even though he kept reaching over my shoulder to change gears to his liking and giving me "suggestions" on how to drive. That's another reason he's not allowed in the back.

IJoyce
    I know what you mean on that back seat driving. My hubby has the same problem. Thats why I didn't ride up front much on the RT. Now that I have my own RS and I have complete control being I like to follow him and he can't see what I'm doing Its much more fun. CJ

Spyder Garage

Sorry gals - but I gotta agree that a guy on the back of a Spyder with his gal driving just doesn't seem right.... I'd rather be in a cage.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Great Article on Ride with Mario

Lamonster's article on the ride with Mario was outstanding. Good things to remember if a non riding person is riding in back even if you are not a race rider.

Spyder Garage

Lamont: I bet you don't think women should vote either. When we only want or need one bike, the driver goes up front and the passenger goes in the rear. If it is her bike (as it was went we had to drive 35 miles to drop mine off for servicing) I ride on the back. If it is mine vice versa.

Nothing wrong with that IMO... in fact, it's pretty darn comfortable back there.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Lamont: I bet you don't think women should vote either. When we only want or need one bike, the driver goes up front and the passenger goes in the rear. If it is her bike (as it was went we had to drive 35 miles to drop mine off for servicing) I ride on the back. If it is mine vice versa.

Nothing wrong with that IMO... in fact, it's pretty darn comfortable back there.
    You seemed to have completely missed my point

This has nothing to do with women and has everything to do with guys riding on the back, if you read my story you might get a better understanding of what I was trying to say before making a statement about women voting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 things...

1) I'm trying to get my wonderful husband on his own . He's never ridden before, but he has ridden mine up and down the road (up to the mailbox and back - about half a mile total). I want him to get a RT (he is 6'6" and about 350 lbs). He wants to practice on mine, but since the RS and the RT are so different (and I don't like to share), I'm not sure riding mine will do any good. Any thoughts?

2) When I rode Joe up the road (hill country, lots of curves and such), he had such a good time. We decided that the Sypder was too special to have a 'b**ch riding. The Scooter's passenger is called a cupcake, so we came up with the passenger was the muffin. Not sure if that would work, but he's not my b&^*#.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ordinarily... I wouldn't ride bitch. but sometimes... ya gotta just say "What the hell." chances are... ya might actually see some things you don't get to

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've got the "M" on my license. Hubby doesn't, and has no desire to get one. So, no choice here. If he goes with me, he's the pillion ryder. With the beefed up suspension of the RT shocks and EVO sway bar, the Spyder handles both of us just great. We enjoy going together. He admits that he likes to see the sights. I'll admit that I like to be in control. I do the driving when we're in the car too. After all these years together, it just seems natural for us. I'm sure it would be different if he had his motorcycle certification. But, getting the Spyder was all my idea. It's mine. I just share it with him when we go out together on it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

As far as I know, you don't have to have the "M" on your license in Texas. I have one because I used to ride with less wheels.

Personally, I think it's good to have that extra training - but I'm glad I did the 'box' with two wheels! I don't think we can do it on a Spyder...

Spyder Garage

You seemed to have completely missed my point

This has nothing to do with women and has everything to do with guys riding on the back, if you read my story you might get a better understanding of what I was trying to say before making a statement about women voting.
    You are correct. I made the post prior to reading the story. I thought you were responding to the original thought in the first post. My error.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)