Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

With WackyDan.

Pete

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sense a trend in these posts. That being in Maggie Valley or any other rural area with great riding and accommodations is a must for a BRP/spyder event. Oh, and Lamonts BBQ.

My reason(s) for attending;
    Our first event. We missed SITS last year as we had just purchased our .
    Great area, we love the mountains and I broke the wife from going "down the shore". Yeah, she's a Jersey girl. (exit 7).
    Would love to make Lamonts world famous BBQ but don't know if we'll be there in time. And didn't sign up for it.
    Meet folks who post here.
    And lastly, I have to go back to work on 27 June. Been out since 1 April.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I sense a trend in these posts. That being in Maggie Valley or any other rural area with great riding and accommodations is a must for a BRP/spyder event. Oh, and Lamonts BBQ.

My reason(s) for attending;
    Our first event. We missed SITS last year as we had just purchased our .
    Great area, we love the mountains and I broke the wife from going "down the shore". Yeah, she's a Jersey girl. (exit 7).
    Would love to make Lamonts world famous BBQ but don't know if we'll be there in time. And didn't sign up for it.
    Meet folks who post here.
    And lastly, I have to go back to work on 27 June. Been out since 1 April.
    I'll have plenty of food Bro even if you show up late. Some folks can't get here till after 5pm. I'll have a little fire going to roast dogs on too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'll have plenty of food Bro even if you show up late. Some folks can't get here till after 5pm. I'll have a little fire going to roast dogs on too.
    bfifikprrrb. Sorry, the cat wanted to have his input.
    Thanks Lamont. We'll see how the trip goes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Location, location, location.....
    ^^^ What he said.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

1. Want to make your BBQ

2. If the pot gets too big I can help Doc stir, I plan on doing a little water tower swimming myself. (ie;aggitator)

3. Miles

4. LETS RACE!!!

Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with DOC Location Location Location

Spyder Garage

God willing this will be my first event. I wanted to make it to Cuba but had to choose between the two and being new to distance riding, the weather and time of the year was the deciding factor. Hope I meet lots of you guys and gals that have giving me so much of your knowlege and advise thru the postings on this forum. Thanks SpyderLovers.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Well I'm not going and I Soooooooo want to. Stupid little thing called work is interfering. Have fun everyone! Wish I could be there with you all.

Spyder Garage

Great friends..Great food...Great times.............

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I am packed and ready to go

Big reason to go is simple----I have made reservations for a front row seat on the porch---just like last year.
    GOOD BBQ
    Get to spend some time with the Michigan riders.----- Before the 3 lakes in 3 days ride in August.
    Last but not least------I ordered cool Michigan shirts ----which tells LEO I'm not from Florida.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would have to agree with everyone else ... Location , the now famous Lamonster BBQ thursday evening , best ryding roads in the country , seeing all the other owners and their rydes ... can it get better ?!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Reasons to go

1. Just bought the March 21 - did not have enough experience (or $$$) to make Route 66 Spyderfest
    2. Looking forward to meeting all the wonderful people (and ) I have been talking to on this site. WARNING: I'm a hugger!!!
    3. Absorbing more knowledge from more experienced
    owners. This is the FIRST motorcycle of any type that I have ever owned!!!
    4. Changed hotel reservations to make Lamonsters BBQ!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Why BBQ and MV

When I heard about the Chicago event There was NO WAY you could get me into that city on a motorcycle!!!! TOO SMALL, BUT A NICE TARGET!!!! I would make!! Was there once years ago and DON'T EVEN want to do THAT again!!! If I can find the Lamont BBQ the MV should be easy!!! AND the ryde there is interesting don't HAVE to go on Freeways, lots of twistys and good campgrounds. Am putting out a bit in gas so motels sorta out of my pocketbook range. BUT I am going to have FUN!!!! See ya''ll there. ThreeFeet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Why we are attending the owner's event

Top four reasons we're attending:
    1) We couldn't pass up another chance to ride the Dragon
    2) We can attend Lamonster's BBQ and the owner's event in the same weekend
    3) We're looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and making new ones...it's awesome to see hundreds of other Spyders at the same time...compared to the four we normally see locally
    4) Maggie Valley will be the starting point for 2 months of summer riding in hopefully cooler weather...we're going from Maggie Valley to the Adirondacks with all points in between. As docdoru says, it's "location, location, location."

Spyder Garage

It's the BBQ.

Spyder Garage

Reasons - who needs a reason to ride.

But if to list why:

Missed SITS last year with failure just outside of Memphis.
    Missed the BBQ last year. (see above)

Loved the area in 2009 during SITS.

Daughter is in Raleigh NC and I'm going there after MV.

10 days on the . Great start to the summer.

Man Wisconsin weather this spring has just s*ucked. Even if it does rain it's got to be warmer than here.

Oh and I have NEVER meet anyone more gracious in opening his home to a bunch of "strangers" then Lamont.
    Very Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only 250 miles from home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT-S PE#0391
    Spyder Garage

Default Why I'm Going

It came to me one night in a dream .... Jim Morrison and a naked indian .. and Sammy Davis Jr. ... telling me I should ....

... But seriously folks ... I had been originally bent on making Spyders in the Adirondacks in July ... and I will make that event perhaps next time it rolls around. That said, from where I live, the roads there aren't as scenic or friendly to NY as they are down to TN/NC, and to get to SIA efficiently, one has to take some pretty dense suburban freeway until one gets north of greater NYC/NJ. Needless to say, there was no BBQ on the way. Plus, there were more people talking about Maggie Valley than SIA (unless you go over to SpyderTalk, of course).

Alas, I ate the registration fee for SIA and cancelled my reservations there for this year. Karma's better. Another Spyder RT-S owner and I will be linking in Front Royal, VA and schleppin' down to TN; then NC. I work full time so can only take on one tour d'force per year. Last year it was SITS ... this year MV; perhaps SpyderFest or SIA next year. In the meantime, see everyone in MV!

~ Surfer
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 06-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Florida girl View Post
    As a fairly new owner (March 2011) I have become quite involved with the Spyderlovers site and have met many great people through posting. My first post started at least a year before buying my and I received wonderful response from everyone here. Now I am anxious to meet in person all of you that I have communicated with and see what the community is all about! It will be about a 10 to 11 hour drive for us but we have some time free and I can't wait to ride with all of you that love riding your as much as I LOVE riding mine!!!
    One not so great moment for me in attending this event. My husband's Harley is in the shop and he will not have a bike for the next 2 weeks so I have to give up driving my and I have to be his passenger! Unfortunately, I will not get to experience driving the mountains of NC myself unless I can convince him to be my passenger. Yeah, right. Any suggestions on how to convince a husband to be a passenger?
    Simple. "It's MY , now get your a$$ on the back!"

Honest.

My sister's hubby had his Harley in the shop recently, and it was ready to pick up. So Sam heads for Sis's car, while she is walking in another direction. "Where you going?" he says, and she replies "It's a nice day. I'm gonna ride my bike." Sammy rolls his eyes, but puts on his shorty helmet with flame graphics, and hops on the back.

Of her Spyder.

Her pretty, pretty PINK Spyder.

Yep. He sure did. He decided what the heck, I'll just have fun with it, and waved at folks like a pageant queen. They pull up to the Harley shop, and he's still waving and grinning like a fool.

Now, as for why I am attending, well, I had just purchased Clyde one Saturday last fall, and Sis told me about SITS. It was too late to take time off from work, and heck, I didn't even have my learner's permit, let alone my MC endorsement. I got the learner's permit the next Friday, and we went to SITS for one day - Saturday. So, we really missed almost everything, and we knew nobody yet, as we were new to the forum. It was nice to see the Spyders, but we were a bit lost.

So, this year, the event is near, the marvelous Lamonster is serving up 'Q, I still have my permit, and we had time to plan. So this will really be our first event!

Spyder Garage

'Cause, you said if I didn't go this time there would be BIG Trouble!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I WOULD be going because of the location,the BBQ and because it's spyders! Chicago and LA were to busy. I think this one will have a more Spyderfest feel to it.
    I'd love to run the Dragon and all the other awesome roads. Sorry i cant be there.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

It's our first event, want to meet some of the great folks on this site. And, these here Yankees love good BBQ. Peace.

Bruce & Marilyn

Spyder Garage

1. BBQ 2.Hang out with the Holigans, sane and insane. You know who you are. 3.Spent last week in Americade and Maggie Valley is on my way back to Florida.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

This is the first BRP event I will have been able to attend, your bar-b-ques are infamous, in my years of riding, I've never ridden the Tail of the Dragon and most of all I enjoy the Spyder camaraderie.