Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

True John,
    The instructions did leave a bit to be desired and I was confused at first also, but since the instructions weren't clear, I just logged into spyderlovers and looked at some pics of Lamont's and other members installs. I also did a google search and looked at some images.

Sure, I shouldn't have had to, but better safe than sorry and the install went well. Thanks for all of your help with the order by the way. LOVE the new ryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Well to the dealers defense, our engineering/ marketing department did not do a great job of adding in installation instructions when the shocks were developed, but most " competent" dealers should be able to figure it out. They cant all be like Len at Cowtown I guess...

I just feel bad that she has to deal with a crappy ride until they are installed properly.

I will be in Florida in July but hopefully it will be taken care of before then. If not, I will make sure it is.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Installation was done in RideNow Powersports of Ocala.

WHOOAA !!!! Who'd a thunk it coming from RydeNot

Is that yours, Annie?

Spyder Garage

First of all. She didn't realize they were upside down but she was complaining how bad the ride was. And it was not and I say again it was not Done at Ride Now of Ocala. It happen to be done by some other individual at a bike shop she knows. She is going to take it back and have them change it. I recommend she goes somewhere else next time. I offer to changed them if they give her a hard time. By the way I'm no mechanic but I can follow directions, I know the difference between up and down. JC

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

To add to the problem, this independent shop told her the shock protectors were only for off road use, which is not the case at all. They are there to protect the shock from rocks, and junk thrown up by cages. I rode Anne's bike and can attest to the lousy ride with the shocks reversed. She is going to have them fixed at the BRP Maggie Valley event, and will trailer her bike there so she won't have to suffer with the bad ride.

I told John (Trooper) that they need to include a sheet titled Shock Installation for Dummies, and show the top vs. bottom. When I first installed mine I copied the way the OEM shocks were installed, and the Elka's were upside down. It seemed strange that the lettering was all upside down and couldn't be read. So, I also went to Spyderlovers, checked the photo's and changed them. But it took a lot of work, and a Dummies page would have saved me a lot of work.

All that said, the shocks surpassed my expectations. They now compete with my Corbin seat for Best Mod.

Mike

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

DITTO. Same for me !!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    ...All that said, the shocks surpassed my expectations. They now compete with my Corbin seat for Best Mod...
    Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

To All:

Thanks for the lunch meet & greet. This is the 1st largest group of Spyders I have meet so far.

BTW I did survive JJ FINS and did not get sic (as I had read about in a pass thread). It was great to put some faces to the names that I have been reading about (i.e Forest, Doc, etc....). Hope to see all of you again in the near future. Had my Burgman 400 in RideNow in Ocala for re-call work and new battery. Now I am ready to ride. So if anybody would like to this Saturday 11 June 2011 let me know. Also sent johnnyg another PM today about Saturday ride.

Rodger

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Now we shall play a game...
    Whose Spyder?
    Whats wrong with the picture?
    aren't we the funny man!

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Installation was done in RideNow Powersports of Ocala.
    No, it was done by a local mechanic! He is going to fix it tomorrow in the am!

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Well to the dealers defense, our engineering/ marketing department did not do a great job of adding in installation instructions when the shocks were developed, but most " competent" dealers should be able to figure it out. They cant all be like Len at Cowtown I guess...

I just feel bad that she has to deal with a crappy ride until they are installed properly.

I will be in Florida in July but hopefully it will be taken care of before then. If not, I will make sure it is.
    Thank you! Can't wait until they are re-installed!

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    First of all. She didn't realize they were upside down but she was complaining how bad the ride was. And it was not and I say again it was not Done at Ride Now of Ocala. It happen to be done by some other individual at a bike shop she knows. She is going to take it back and have them change it. I recommend she goes somewhere else next time. I offer to changed them if they give her a hard time. By the way I'm no mechanic but I can follow directions, I know the difference between up and down. JC
    Appointment at 9:00 Saturday am. Mechanic spoke with John at Elka. Can't wait for Maggie Valley! Wish you both were going.