Spyder Garage

Default What supplies should I take on road trip?

We are leaving for Oklahoma/Arkansas next weekend 6/10-13, and I'm curious as to what ya'll take on long road trips, ie., oil, fuses, etc.

Just in case . . . I'm just sayin . . .

thx

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That might be one of the toughest questions to answer (Well... maybe not as tough as, (Honey, Do these jeans make me look fat?")
    How far of a trip is it and how many days will you be on the road. Are you looking at Interstates or seocndary roads?
    I normally carry the minimum: (factory toolpouch) on day trips, but I will add a compressor and tire plugs to the list if I'm going to be off the beaten track...
    I suppose that the key might be in making sure that your Spyder is ready for the trip before heading out...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cell phone, list of Can-Am dealers programmed in your GPS, Best Warranty card and CC.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Will check out the bike before we even leave the driveway. We will be doing the Talimena Scenic Hiway towards Mena, Ark. Then on Saturday, ride up towards Jasper and then south on the Pig Trail to Hot Springs. Friday and Saturday will be mostly back roads, with no cell phone service. I've read on several posts about fuses blowing or becoming loose, battery cables bouncing loose, etc. Just want to make sure I've covered all the bases before leaving the state and getting into "no cell service" in case of a problem. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!

Spyder Garage

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talimena is a beautiful ride....luch at Queen Wilamena....we rode up there a couple of weeks ago and the fog ...low clouds....were so bad you could not see 40 feet in front of you....at the Queen Wilamena you could not see your bike inside.....hopefully there will be blue skys for you...enjoy...be safe....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

This is a good for some ideas...

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reference/packing_list.php

Beyond that, I would recommend that you buy a good set of riding gear and wear that for the trip, and pack clothing for the destination. This ensures that you travel light and maximize space for parts, fluids, cleaning supplies, etc.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Cell phone, list of Can-Am dealers programmed in your GPS, Best Warranty card and CC.
    CC straight or with ginger...

Spyder Garage

for lengthy travel, especially in areas not familiar, I take a full REDA gas can.. Spyder gas gauges (the analog ones) seem notoriously faulty plus the Spyder isn't easy to push if you run out of gas
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

For long trips, I always have checked out by the dealer.

I carry the standard tool pouch, a set of torx screwdrivers, some locktite and the manual.

I always make sure the tires have good rubber--hopefully to avoid flats. Road obstacles are another issue though.

I am not very mechanically inclined--so don't carry much heavy duty stuff for repairs. has been good to me and has never broke down on the road--this covers 3 spyders and over 55,000 miles.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spare key, $100 bill tucked away in an envelope somewhere safe on the Spyder, Ride-On in tires or repair kit & compressor, space (emergency) blanket, spare drinking water.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Mountain Money..for the non rednecks, a roll of toilet paper for the "emergency" stops.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Mountain Money..for the non rednecks, a roll of toilet paper for the "emergency" stops.
    "Mountain Money" - - first I heard of that was from you. But you are right, it has a million uses besides the obvious. I now keep a half-roll in the trunk.

Great suggestion...

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys for all the input . . . ya'll are the greatest!!

Spyder Garage

Default emergency trunk release

Search for the emergency trunk release, so you have a way to get to your tools if you keep them in the trunk, you never know. Our spyder has been in the shop for a week waiting on them to fix the problem with the key not opening the trunk or the seat.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Spare key, $100 bill tucked away in an envelope somewhere safe on the Spyder, Ride-On in tires or repair kit & compressor, space (emergency) blanket, spare drinking water.

What compressor do you carry with you? The I have blows fuses in the 12v outlet so i don't even bother carrying it with me usually.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget the rattlesnake anti venom ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post
    What compressor do you carry with you? The I have blows fuses in the 12v outlet so i don't even bother carrying it with me usually.
    I carry the Slime. Hook to the battery jump start terminals under the seat.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!