Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Saturday, June 4th

I talked with John from Seal Floorboards and we would like to see if anybody is up for a ride to the coast say out 26 to Seaside and up to Astoria for lunch then back 30 to Portland. Unless somebody has a better plan.

The other Scotty

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. It will be the first real group ride of the year. How about it guys and gals!

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like fun!!! We can't do it this time, but we're discussing the possibility in Sept as a part of our vacation.

Spyder Garage

Taking the back road through Mist is a FAR better return from Astoria on a bike. It totally avoids 30, has elk, & great twisties.

You leaving early enough to stop at Camp 18 for breakfast?
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

What is your definition of early?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

.....and where would we be forming up at in the beginning? Haven't talked with the "boss" yet, but I definitely think this is something we would want to do!

Spyder Garage

Early is 0730 & the meeting place would be Micky D's on Glenco Road - the early ones get coffee, and we depart precisely on time. Next stop is Camp 18.

I highly recommend taking 202/47 from Astoria to Manning vs 30 - it will add an hour to the trip, however, leaving at 0730, breakfast at Camp 18 and returning via 202/47 will have us home around 2. BTDTHtTS….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Early is 0730 & the meeting place would be Micky D's on Glenco Road - the early ones get coffee, and we depart precisely on time. Next stop is Camp 18.

I highly recommend taking 202/47 from Astoria to Manning vs 30 - it will add an hour to the trip, however, leaving at 0730, breakfast at Camp 18 and returning via 202/47 will have us home around 2. BTDTHtTS….
    Just talked with the "boss" and she said I could go out and play!! 7:30 works, no problem, however, being that I don't know the west-side of town, could you provide an address for the McDonald's, please? I sure hope everyone comes. This could pan out into a fantastic ryde!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    Just talked with the "boss" and she said I could go out and play!! 7:30 works, no problem, however, being that I don't know the west-side of town, could you provide an address for the McDonald's, please? I sure hope everyone comes. This could pan out into a fantastic ryde!!
    Hwy 26 to North plains/forest grove and take a right at the top of the off ramp. You will see Mcdonalds. Not to far from our house.
    Is Kathy coming also?

I believe that is the one Dragonrider was taking about
    Darrell & Cindy
    2011 Orbital Blue CanAm Spyder RT-S se5 w/ Communication System & trailer hitch, Arm Rests, Elkas shocks, Baja Ron swaybar & spark plugs and wires, Custom dynamatics fender lights & third brake light, Seal floorboard "PUP" floor boards, CycleMate utility Trailer and Sena 20s with dongle.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have the CB on there spyder ? if so what channel are you on ? We have the CB on our bike. We have never used it but it is there.

Anyone let SpyderDan know about this ride ?

DragonRider are you joining us for the ride?

Darrell & Cindy
    2011 Orbital Blue CanAm Spyder RT-S se5 w/ Communication System & trailer hitch, Arm Rests, Elkas shocks, Baja Ron swaybar & spark plugs and wires, Custom dynamatics fender lights & third brake light, Seal floorboard "PUP" floor boards, CycleMate utility Trailer and Sena 20s with dongle.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You bet she's coming! She's anxious to ryde anytime and anywhere. Since she got her RT-AC in December, she's now racked up almost 5,000 miles. Probably will get her in for an oil change next week. She was happy to hear that you two would be coming, as well. Sounds like you're ryding your "blue beast"......that's wonderful. How's the back seat working for you, Cindy? Is it as comfy as you had hoped? I know that when Kathy rode behind me, she LOVED the fit and feel of the back seat. But as we all know, now that she's got her own - she don't ryde bi@#h no more!!! Take care, my friends! We'll see you on Saturday.

p.s. I just emailed SpyderDan with a link to this thread. Sure hope he and Jewell can make it. We could have one heck of a party comin' up!!!

Spyder Garage

Kathy is riding with us

I didn't want to be the only female. More women the better.

we are loving our spyder more all the time. The back seat is comfortable and so is the front seat. Darrell and I take turns driving. We will find almost any reason to ride the spyder. We have put more miles on the spyder in the 2.5 weeks we have had it then we did on our 2 wheeled bikes in a year.

Darrell & Cindy

Spyder Garage

7:30? Is that in the morning? You guys are animals but I guess I can do it too. Scotty, which route are you taking to McD's? We could hook up in Beaverton 'cause I really don't know the area too well having lived in Corvallis for the last 20 yrs. How cool to get to meet some new two legged 's. I agree, the more women the better. Got any spare? I have an empty rear seat. This adventure is sounding better all the time. Keep the word going out.

John

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Murray to 26 then west to McDs Probably need to leave at 7am from my place.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 Legged Freak View Post
    Murray to 26 then west to McDs Probably need to leave at 7am from my place.
    Ugh!!! See you then, will leave Newberg at 6:30.

John

Spyder Garage

John;

From Newberg, go over the mountain to Hillsboro, keep going North until you hit 26, head west and take the Glenco Rd exit. It's about a 40 minute ride for both of us.

Planning on going, and bringing my bride too.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

John,

I like DragonRider's way for you better.

By the way, I can take a co-pilot also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    John;

From Newberg, go over the mountain to Hillsboro, keep going North until you hit 26, head west and take the Glenco Rd exit. It's about a 40 minute ride for both of us. Planning on going, and bringing my bride too.
    Thanks Bill, I'll go that way. Are you coming thru Newberg?

John

Spyder Garage

I'll go through 6 corners to Farmington Road, out to Hillsboro Highway, then straight out Glenco Road -

Coming off the mountain, if you turn left at the Hillsboro Highway junction (little restaurant, across from Smith's Berry Barn - if you pass Petrich's store, you've gone too far), you'll be on the same route. Stay on HH, it turns into 1st in Hillsboro, then Glenco Road, just north of town. Stay on Glenco road till you get to MD's. It's a very nice ride, that I've made a zillion times over the last 35 years. There's a gas station to top off by MD's, if you need it.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Where is your destination in Astoria, I might be able to hook up with you from Washington.
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Heliplt View Post
    Where is your destination in Astoria, I might be able to hook up with you from Washington.
    Hadn't really picked out a place yet, I know there is an English Pub on the water that isn't too bad. But I think we are all open to suggestions, even if it only near Astoria.

Spyder Garage

Hadn't planned on stopping in Astoria - just pass through. If we take 202, you turn right after the 101 connector bridge, and really don't go into downtown Astoria.

If some of the folks want to stop, that's fine - I'll continue on. It the rest of the group wants to stop, I'll split off after breakfast. Sorry, but I'd rather not stop at a pub for lunch - especially on a bike. Just my thing.

Historically, I figure Camp 18, roughly 8:30 - in Astoria before 11.... including gas at Fred's - home by 2....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 Legged Freak View Post
    Hadn't really picked out a place yet, I know there is an English Pub on the water that isn't too bad. But I think we are all open to suggestions, even if it only near Astoria.
    Pub sounds fine to us. Pubs often have fine quality food. Being all good Spyder Ryders, we NEVER drink and ryde, do we now? Just because we stop at a Pub doesn't mean we have to drink alcohol....especially when we know better than that. We're out for a fun ryde. When and where we stop really doesn't matter. For us, we're not setting a time to get back to Portland....for all we care, it could be after dark. It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day....we plan on enjoying it to the fullest extent.....and that means being out ryding in it as absolutely much as possible!!

Spyder Garage

We're out for a fun ryde. When and where we stop really doesn't matter. For us, we're not setting a time to get back to Portland....for all we care, it could be after dark. It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day....we plan on enjoying it to the fullest extent.....and that means being out ryding in it as absolutely much as possible!![/QUOTE]

Looks like hubby has to work on Sunday so we are out to ride and enjoy the Saturday on our spyder...
    Darrell & Cindy

Spyder Garage

Hi all,

Just got word of a family situation that's going to knock me out of the ride Saturday. This is a huge disappointment to me since it started with Scott and me wanting to go for a nice ride. I can't tell you how bummed-out I am. I hope you all have a great time. Stopping at a pub sure doesn't mean drinking alcohol. Many pubs just have great food and ambience. Hope this will just be the first of many great outings.

John