Spyder Garage

Default Negotiation room??

Hello all, new to the forum. Me and the wife have been eyeing a new spyder for a few months!!! Went to a test drive event this weekend at Lake Lanier and drove both the RS and RT. Just rode the RS for the fun of it. I am interested in the RTS or Limited. What should I expect to pay and is there any room for negotiation? I am also thinking of getting the extended warranty, so what should I expect on that as well. Looks like a good group of guys here!! Hopefully I will be able to get one and make it to the event in NC!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't help you with prices but I can guarantee whatever you pay will be worth it. The RTS Limited in White is a beautiful machine. Good luck with your purchase.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Get your BRP BEST warranty here or use these prices to get your local dealership to match. That's what I did.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=bryce

Spyder Garage

Default Yes Negotiations worked for me...big time.

I live in NoCentral WA State: When I started Spyder shopping I called my closest dealer and he couldn't find me what I wanted 2010 RTSE5/Silver with audio...but said he would like to be my servicing dealer. (this was a year ago)..called a dealer on WA coast area and didn't click with personality on phone. So jumped on the internet...found 4 dealers that had what I wanted: CA, IL, FL & NY (wish I had found Cowtown...luv those guys and their customer service)..then I started asking for what I wanted beyond the RT itself: Ryding pants/coat/helmet/Utopia backrest/fog lites/travel cover for RT (there was a $500 credit for accessories from BRP). By this time I knew they have a 40% markup on accessories. IL had the winning deal...when I get ready to buy my new Spyder (oh yea in about 5 years I see a new one in my future)..I will start with my servicing dealer in Spokane then also contact Cowtown (len) in Cuba, MO.
    As far as BEST extended warranty: Bryce at Bert's Mega Mall (CA) had the best deal. Did see a post somewhere on Spyderlovers that there is another ext warranty company that might be a better deal...forgot the name of the company..just remember there was no deductible (BEST has a $50 deduct per incident). The extended warranty I did the same went to several dealers inc. who I bought RT from as well as servicing dealer...but Bryce at Bert's had best deal...
    Do you think I might enjoy wheeling & dealing??? Oh yea...
    No matter what you decide you will LUV the Have fun "shopping"...
    Last edited by murphybrown; 05-23-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

A great deal HERE http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=28136

On a Vyper Red RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hello all, new to the forum. Me and the wife have been eyeing a new spyder for a few months!!! Went to a test drive event this weekend at Lake Lanier and drove both the RS and RT. Just rode the RS for the fun of it. I am interested in the RTS or Limited. What should I expect to pay and is there any room for negotiation? I am also thinking of getting the extended warranty, so what should I expect on that as well. Looks like a good group of guys here!! Hopefully I will be able to get one and make it to the event in NC!!

Spyder Garage

Get the best price you can--but I suggest working with a dealer that you can develop a good relationship with. When needs work or service--I want it to be done by the dealer with the best mechanics and service reputation.

The cut price dealers usually do that for a reason. Get you out the door and hope you never come back to bother them with mechanical issues.

There are a few threads that discuss this at length.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Thanks for the replies guys!! Hopefully I will have her soon!!!

Spyder Garage

Got a quote for either $1000 off or free in house maintenance for 3 years. It not the BEST Plus warranty, its in house. They don't seem to push the BEST program, but other warranty programs.

Spyder Garage

I would take the $1K. Are they going to be in business for 3 years? You have no guarantee on that. Recommend--take the money and run.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

They are a pretty big dealership that has Honda, Kawi, Suz, Yam, Polaris, and a few others in addition to can am and they have been in business quite some time. I feel confident that they will be around in 3 years. But you never know.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hawk, just got ours from the dealer in Conyers. Must admit I didn't dicker much but am happy none the less. Shout when you get it and we can meet up some time.

Spyder Garage

I get the BEST instead . Where do you take it for warranty work when you are a day trip away from your dealer .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I'd take the $1K and buy BEST with it.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

So if I get the BEST Plus, that will extend my warranty from 2 to 5 years. Will I get free maintenance for the last 3 years or for all 5??

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I agree. Yes the maintenance is expensive, but if something were to go wrong, getting an $8,000 motor replaced for $50 would be quite a relief. Odds of it happening are low, but better safe than sorry IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    I'd take the $1K and buy BEST with it.

Spyder Garage

I haven't had an accident in over 30 years, but I still buy insurance every year. Buy the BEST warranty.

Cash has always been a key motivator in my past bike deals. Putting your cash offer in an envelope down on the desk, will probably put a title in your pocket.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Okay guys, have them down a lil further on the price, BUT they are charging over 1200 for setup and freight. Another dealer only wants 199 setup and 199 paperwork fee. So we are getting closer to a deal, but that 1200+ has got to come down. What did you guys pay for "fees" besides tax?

Spyder Garage

I paid $500 for setup and delivery fees including the RT-622 trailer. I got the B.E.S.T. 3 year extended warranty (5 yr total) for $800.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Okay guys, have them down a lil further on the price, BUT they are charging over 1200 for setup and freight. Another dealer only wants 199 setup and 199 paperwork fee. So we are getting closer to a deal, but that 1200+ has got to come down. What did you guys pay for "fees" besides tax?
    I always negociate accessories into the deal... instead of dropping their price I just tell them I will pay their bottom dollar if the add more accesories and start from the more expensive ones. Got my wife's Honda with over $1000 without having to change the bottom dollar deal.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I paid no freight or setup, only a $40 documentation fee.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

No set up fee, No sales tax, No paperwork fee (did it myself). My BEST warranty was $800 for 3 years.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    No set up fee, No sales tax, No paperwork fee (did it myself). My BEST warranty was $800 for 3 years.
    How did you get out of paying state sales tax? I live in Illinois but bought my bike in Iowa. I didnt' pay Iowa sales tax when I bought it but I paid Illinois tax when I licensed it.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White