Thread: Tampa Trip

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tampa Trip

I will be making a trip to Tampa this November to visit a friend for a few days. I'm looking for some info on good riding destinations out of Tampa that are day trips. I thought about a coastal run south since I hardly ever get to do any coast riding. Any info would be great.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are beach highways with fantastic views in Clearwater, St Pete, Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Siesta Key (Sarasota), Punta Gorda, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Naples and Marco Island - all the way south along the Gulf Coast and all within a one day ride. I am not familiar with the area to the north of Tampa along the coast but there are likely some rydes there as well..
    Another lovely ryde is the Horse country surrounding Ocala.. Ryde Safe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BikerDoc, I will look up the places you suggested and plan a coastal route. The more the veiw of the water and a nice ocean breeze the better for me. Thanks' for the help.

Spyder Garage

rafiki2cu if you could tell me were you are staying in the tampa area I would be glad to give you some assistant in were to see the gulf coast. John.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    I will be making a trip to Tampa this November to visit a friend for a few days. I'm looking for some info on good riding destinations out of Tampa that are day trips. I thought about a coastal run south since I hardly ever get to do any coast riding. Any info would be great.
    For a coastal ride south of Tampa, you can drive to south Tampa, over the Gandy Bridge to St. Petersburg, thru St. Pete to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, over the bridge and down US 41 to Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, etc. There are other coastal areas if you continue south. I am in a motorcycle riders group in Tampa and we did a similar ride recently and had breakfast on the beach at Anna Maria Island.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    rafiki2cu if you could tell me were you are staying in the tampa area I would be glad to give you some assistant in were to see the gulf coast. John.
    John I will be staying with a friend on the eastside of Tampa of Hwy 4 . No set date yet, I just know I have to get me some Fla. riding in this year. I know it will be in November as I will be riding the Blue Ridge Parkway in Oct.

Ted