Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. Plus question?

For those of you that purchased the B.E.S.T. Plus protection, did it pay the full price of the 600 mile service? I walked away from the service on Saturday with a zero payment but today the dealership called and said I owe them for the oil and oil filters. The B.E.S.T. Plus only includes the labor for the checklist items. Can anyone else comment on this?

Spyder Garage

The dealer called me back a few minutes ago and is adamant about the B.E.S.T. Plus NOT paying for the full price of the first three scheduled services. Now they are saying it only covers the first $175 of each service cost!

Does anyone know the REAL answer?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just had my 600 mile service performed under a service contract and mine covered everything required. I have a RPM-One Priority Maintenance Agreement I imagine there is a lot of different agreements out there with different rules and costs. You should be able to look at your agreement and see what it covers.

Ray
    Ray & Nancy
    2010 Spyder RT A&C Pkg w/Works Shocks, Fog & LED Accent Ltg
    2010 39' Toy Hauler pulled by 2004 Volvo VNL-670 Semi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    The dealer called me back a few minutes ago and is adamant about the B.E.S.T. Plus NOT paying for the full price of the first three scheduled services. Now they are saying it only covers the first $175 of each service cost!

Does anyone know the REAL answer?
    Better have them show you that in writing. The BEST brochure doesn't say so. Time to talk to the attorney general.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

If all that Plus includes is the labor for 3 service trips then it's not a deal. I paid $150 for my 600 mile service. It took them a little over 2 hours and included filters and oil.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I paid 240 for my 600 service in Gulf Shores, AL. The sign on the wall said 115 per hour for labor. Taking my to them on Tuesday to replace the glovebox latch. Thank goodness it is warranty item.

Ride Safe All

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rando I purchased my spyder rts from the same dealer and did not buy the BEST Plus because they said it wasnt worth it. They offered a different insurance that was cheaper and pays 100% of every maintance by the maintance book up to three years unlimited miles with BEST extended warrenty to 5 years. So what that means I dont pay a dime for three years to ride this bike. The extended warrenty and maintance warrenty was $1300.00. They gave me a deal on the two togeather. They should of told you about the warrantys they carry. I just had mine in for the 600 mile and payed 0. I would question them about the warrentys they are selling you.
    Last edited by seadog; 05-18-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

have best PLUS and it covered the 600 mile warranty. i did hear that the labor hours BRP pays is less then the amount required but my dealer covered it...

the reason i like the BEST warranty is I have no issues going to any Can AM dealer when I am on the road if I break down. yeah the other one will be covered but if the dealer is not familiar with the company you may end up paying and getting reimbursed ... had that before with an ext car warranty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Better have them show you that in writing. The BEST brochure doesn't say so. Time to talk to the attorney general.
    Been trying to find anything from anywhere IN WRITTING about "Best Plus" all I can find is the info in this brochure about "Best". BRP seems to be very secretive about info on their Best Plus and what it sells for. Apparently every dealer has his own Best and Best Plus price and mark up from what I am hearing.

Did people that got Best Plus actually get a written contract or policy that actually specifies what it pays for, seems everyone is finding out after the fact. I find nothing discribing the "Best Plus" on their web site. Strange business practice, makes me skeptical.
    Last edited by redfox; 05-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have a feeling that the BEST Plus contract has changed and no longer includes all the maintenance items/costs that it did several years ago. Apparently, BRP only covers a portion of the actual service costs and expects the dealerships to absorb the rest. It appears that after reading the fine print, the BEST Plus only includes "INSPECTIONS" of checklist items from the operators manual and not the actual replacement such as plugs, filters, oil and etc.

Depending on who you talk to, the answers vary greatly!

Spyder Garage

The clock is ticking on my 60 days to sign up for Best. Right now based on what I have read here I think I am just going to get the BEST not BEST PLUS. Just have to bite the bullet on reg service costs.

Spyder Garage

Even break even with additional $$ for best plus seems probable for most Call Bert's CanAM for pricing. My dealer matched their price.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Been trying to find anything from anywhere IN WRITTING about "Best Plus" all I can find is the info in this brochure about "Best". BRP seems to be very secretive about info on their Best Plus and what it sells for. Apparently every dealer has his own Best and Best Plus price and mark up from what I am hearing.

Did people that got Best Plus actually get a written contract or policy that actually specifies what it pays for, seems everyone is finding out after the fact. I find nothing discribing the "Best Plus" on their web site. Strange business practice, makes me skeptical.
    I've been calling around to find a home for my service (I just bought out of state, so I need a "home" dealer). The service manager at the dealer closest to me, also the biggest in the area, was completely at a loss about the BEST Plus warranty-- he hadn't even heard about it, let alone use it. I asked him to call BRP to see if they even use it anymore, hope he calls me back.

I think I'm leaning towards just buying the three-year BEST warranty and saving my pennies for the dealer services. Unlike all you lucky people out in the sticks I have to suffer near $100 an hour labor rates in the D.C. area. I've already been quoted $350+ for my 600 mile service at my local dealer.

At that price, I'm DEFINITELY learning how to do my own oil changes.

Anyway, as noted many times in these pages, BRP is very, VERY quiet about what exactly the BEST Plus warranty is good for. I'm sorry, I need more info than that guys. Besides, I don't believe a few words on a brochure is how BRP explains it to their dealers (heck, sounds like they don't even explain it at all!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I went with 3yr BEST no plus warranty from Berts and my local dealer only charged 215 for 600 mile service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post

wow i forgot all about that old thread ... has it been that long

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    wow i forgot all about that old thread ... has it been that long
    That thread does not ans much about Best Plus, other than diff people saying it covers diff things. My dealer could not give me specifics on best plus and said he has never sold a best plus policy, because they were not worth it. So ?????? Guess BRP could care less about the confusion as it provides no comprehensive info for its customers.

Spyder Garage

If you look at this link

http://en-us.can-amatv.brp.com/owner...d-service.aspx

It has a section at or near the bottom that asks, "what is the difference between the best and the best plus" and gives an answer.

Also, there is an old thread here

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23339

that is worth looking at.

both of these say the same thing, the best plus includes the 600 mile (1000 km) check.

willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRP B.E.S.T Warranty and plus warranty are a real mystery even to dealers. When we bought our I said to the dealer right from the start that we wanted the BEST PLUS warranty and he had to phone BRP for the price and info about it. When we got our JD POWER Survey about our buying experience that was one of the comments that we made that the BRP B.E.S.T Warranty program needs to be promoted more and what each program offers needs to be spelled out from the beginning so each party knows what they are required to do under the program and what the buyer gets and what the dealers has to do and what BRP has to do . JMHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    BRP B.E.S.T Warranty and plus warranty are a real mystery even to dealers. When we bought our I said to the dealer right from the start that we wanted the BEST PLUS warranty and he had to phone BRP for the price and info about it. When we got our JD POWER Survey about our buying experience that was one of the comments that we made that the BRP B.E.S.T Warranty program needs to be promoted more and what each program offers needs to be spelled out from the beginning so each party knows what they are required to do under the program and what the buyer gets and what the dealers has to do and what BRP has to do . JMHO

Too much confussion about what 600 mile "check" includes and what "maintainance" includes with best plus. I see nothing so far which lays it out in writting.

Spyder Garage

As for maintenance , I do not know that that means either, but the 600 mile check is laid out pretty clear in the manual under the maintenance section. I do not have the BEST stuff as my dealer offered a maintenance and extended warrany program to me. I do not pay for anything for 3 years, oil and what ever.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    As for maintenance , I do not know that that means either, but the 600 mile check is laid out pretty clear in the manual under the maintenance section. I do not have the BEST stuff as my dealer offered a maintenance and extended warrany program to me. I do not pay for anything for 3 years, oil and what ever.

Willy
    Yup the "check" is laid out pretty plainly in the manual but some that have Best Plus are paying for filter and oil after dealer does free "check" or "inspection" some are not. Some are paying differance between BRP allowed rates and dealer actual hourly rates, some are not.
    IT'S AS PLAIN AS MUD ! That's no way to run a railroad.
    Last edited by redfox; 05-19-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

If BRP is serious about making the Spyder a resounding success they need to listen to consumers. Maybe they could send a poll out to current owners and ask them what they would do to improve their buying and ownership experience after six months of ownership/riding. Things like this could be addressed as well as other issues that need to be addressed and corrected.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsquid View Post
    If BRP is serious about making the Spyder a resounding success they need to listen to consumers. Maybe they could send a poll out to current owners and ask them what they would do to improve their buying and ownership experience after six months of ownership/riding. Things like this could be addressed as well as other issues that need to be addressed and corrected.

I do not know what survey our American friends get when they purchase and take delivery of their new's but 3 weeks after delivery I got a JD Power buying experience survey that I completed on line I had to use a pin # which came by snail mail and that let me complete the survey and I was told that the info would be shared with BRP and the dealership which I dealt with. The survey also said that JD Power was conducting the survey on behalf of BRP. So I hope that BRP is listening to its customers , and in fairness to BRP I believe that they are it just takes them time to make sure that they are making the correct decisions to cure the problems. I also believe that if BRP did not listen to their customers they would not be in business as people usually work hard to play hard like I do.
    Last edited by Marker; 05-20-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default To BEST or not to BEST

I've read this thread, and many maintenance threads over the past week. We are new owners and will be relying on our dealer, Triangle Cycles, in Durham, NC for our maintenance needs. At purchase, I said no to the BEST coverage (we are Gold Wing owners with 60K trouble-free miles). But now I'm terrified at all the breakdowns, maintenance issues I've been reading.

We have a 2011 RTS SE5. We put 600 miles on in a week then took it to dealer for service. We complained about the suspension and sway. They found a rear suspension issue that they'll talk to BRP about tomorrow.

My question: For non-mechanical people like us, do you recommend we buy the BEST or another program if there is one. I like the idea of getting service if we are traveling. Maybe all programs offer this.