Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Missing with the Inside front and outside rear wheels is about the best attempt that you can make... IFF.. the ex-critter has been turned so that it's lying parallel to the direction of travel! Beyond that of course all bets are off, so slow down and grit your teeth...
    Scotty, How much does the trailer hinder any emergency maneurving??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Hey, wait 'til you tow a trailer, and add two more tracks. It's like trying to avoid an obstacle with a steam roller.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2772998...in/photostream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    M
    Scotty, How much does the trailer hinder any emergency maneurving??
    My experience has been that you don't even notice the trailer. If anything, it may actually stabilize the a bit in emergency or abrupt maneuvers.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    My experience has been that you don't even notice the trailer. If anything, it may actually stabilize the a bit in emergency or abrupt maneuvers.
    It does make it impossible to miss an object by taking it just inside the Spyder's front wheel, though. On the other hand, the independent suspension of the RT-622 soaks up the divots like a sponge.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Something happen to me awhile back.... A Turtle of all things.... There were people on the side of the road and of course I didn't know what the heck these people was gonna do, my luck jump in front of me and hope I stop to tell em all about the spyder. My mind was watching them. As I gotten closer saw the Big Snapping Turtle in the middle of the road, started to turn to the left side unfortunely I couldn't due to a Car headin' toward me. Can't go to the right because of the people. The turtle went right under me, boy scared the crap out of me not only the rear tire hit him but shot him twenty to thirty feet back in front of me. Stop the turtle was still alive picked him up took him, and was the first time able to pick up a snapping turtle with him snapping at me! to the wood next to the road and off he went. And Remember the people.... Well I got yelled at by em didn't you see the f.... Turtle, want to say well if you weren't standing on the side of the road I might have! well if its turtle brace yourself for some rude awakening!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I've nailed a few Squirrels especially when they run in front of the Spyder and try to straddle the front tires,
    The rear tire gets them every time.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cundiffla View Post
    Something happen to me awhile back.... A Turtle of all things.... There were people on the side of the road and of course I didn't know what the heck these people was gonna do, my luck jump in front of me and hope I stop to tell em all about the spyder. My mind was watching them. As I gotten closer saw the Big Snapping Turtle in the middle of the road, started to turn to the left side unfortunely I couldn't due to a Car headin' toward me. Can't go to the right because of the people. The turtle went right under me, boy scared the crap out of me not only the rear tire hit him but shot him twenty to thirty feet back in front of me. Stop the turtle was still alive picked him up took him, and was the first time able to pick up a snapping turtle with him snapping at me! to the wood next to the road and off he went. And Remember the people.... Well I got yelled at by em didn't you see the f.... Turtle, want to say well if you weren't standing on the side of the road I might have! well if its turtle brace yourself for some rude awakening!
    At least they were standing on the side of the road. I've seen times where they stop their car in heavy traffic, get out and try to replace the turtle (in these cases it was usually a gopher) all the time traffic is about to run them over.

Chris PE# 0004

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

if no one behind you best bet is to hit the brakes hard use the ABS of the spyder and hope you can get enough time for approaching car to pass and then swerve to miss the turtle (assuming no other cars after that one coming at ya and no one behind you to rear end you).
    Last edited by clueless; 05-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brake it right to the limit... If your oncoming traffic clears you you'll have more room to show off your dance moves...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black