Spyder Garage

Default 5th wheel extender to haul Spyder

Has anyone had any expereince with one of these? If so, how did it work out?

http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel58.html

Thanks!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default One wheel trailer

Why not go for a real trailer? Guess it will be easier for backup!
    (and me who thought that trailers were for boats!!)
    Philippe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Why not go for a real trailer? Guess it will be easier for backup!
    (and me who thought that trailers were for boats!!)
    Philippe

With a real trailer you run into tandem trailer isssues in several states.

Spyder Garage

Interesting concept for those that haul a fifth-wheel trailer. Not sure if a Spyder would fit. The most likely problem is difficulty in loading, since the Spyder doesn't tolerate steep ramps, and the platform doesn't appear to tilt.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Not sure if a Spyder would fit.

Isn't the Spyder OVER 8 feet long.

Spyder Garage

Interesting concept!! Solves the problem of tandem trailers. I wonder what police would say the first time they saw one of these setups?

I agree that even if the Spyder fit on the platform, that, that's one heck of a steep ramp to get it on there. Or a VERY long ramp!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

The Cruiser Ramp Electric Motorcycle Loader may also be incorporated into the Swivelwheel-58 system. This allows the motorcycle to be pulled onto the deck without riding up ramps.

The above is from their description of options.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This thing is only 8 feet long whereas the spyder is almost 10 feet which in turn is too long to put sideways therefore dont think its going to work

Spyder Garage

RT is 8'-9" long by 5'-2" wide as well it needs a long low ramp to load because of its low 4 1/2 " ground clearance . Looks interesting but may have a few challenges .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I know you already have a camper but if you are going to start taking you Spyder with you wouldn't it make more sense to switch over to one of these.

Interesting that you mention this, I was *just* thinking today about any garage RVs that would be large enough to fit a Spyder. My gut said there aren't any that big... is there?

Man, that would be fun... "Hey honey, thanks again for letting me spend the money on the Spyder... can we get an RV and a pickup now, too? It'll be fun, promise!"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Interesting that you mention this, I was *just* thinking today about any garage RVs that would be large enough to fit a Spyder. My gut said there aren't any that big... is there?

Man, that would be fun... "Hey honey, thanks again for letting me spend the money on the Spyder... can we get an RV and a pickup now, too? It'll be fun, promise!"

I could put mine plus my Boss Hoss trike on mine.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hauling Spyder and 622

Anyone faced the challenge of hauling an RT and the trailer? Bought the Spyder last year and Triton trailer (AUT 1082). Wife was opposed to the addition of the Can Am trailer, but now she thinks it's a good idea. We are a special circumstance as we motorhome full-time. I think the Cruiserlift Swivel wheel mentioned in another post would be too small for either one. How about some ideas?
    Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Mine will accomodate the Spyder and a Harley bagger at the same time.....

You should ask her........
    Okay, you are eeeeeevil.

Man, I should have taken up knitting, a MUCH cheaper hobby.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Where there's a will, there's a way. We take our RS everywhere we go, and we're full-timers, living in a 33' Montana tag-along. I drive an 03 Sierra Dura Max, crew/long bed, and the all-up weight is a little over 20,000 lbs. The Spyder gets winched into the pickup backwards, so that the rear tire hits the front of the bed, and coincidentally, the front tires hit the rear of the trucks wheel wells. I have to remove the rear fender, which has 1/4- 20 T-nuts underneath, so that I just step up and un-screw it, turn it 90 degrees and put one screw back in to hold it off the tire while transporting. The stock back rest comes off and so does the windshield, to make room under the cap. The tail-gate has been modified to make room for the Spyder's nose. Did it with aluminum diamond plate --- you'd have to be there! It really looks pretty good. My three folding ramps go on the back of the trailer, BTW.

Takes up pretty close to an hour to load, or unload, total, but it's worth it. Usually don't do it two days in a row, but it happens, occasionally.

Also, the cap is hinged along the left bed rail, and I raise it up with an electric jack, so that it's open 90 degrees, and you can just climb up on the tail gate and step on.

If I ever get checked out on how to post pictures, I'll do it. Hard to explain without them. Point is, anything is doable. Like LT Camley always said, "The solution that works is always the right solution."

Then, if you have an extra $6800.00 or so, burning a hole in your pocket, you could order up an Idaho Tote, which has two swivelling wheels, and a whole lot of capacity. Just get yourself a nice set of folding aluminum ramps like mine, and you could just drive your Spyder right on there.

You'll get it done. Just keep on working at it. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Dick, I would love to see a photo of your set up. Unfortunately, I am pulling a 5th wheel with a short bed GMC, no possible way to get the Spyder into the bed.

Spyder Garage

The spydr maybe 8 foot 6 inches or so about 8 inches in front is just trunk. I measured(a month ago) from wheel to wheel its closer to 7 foot something. So that platform might work. To late for me know I just bought me a toy hauler.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Charis View Post
    Thanks Dick, I would love to see a photo of your set up. Unfortunately, I am pulling a 5th wheel with a short bed GMC, no possible way to get the Spyder into the bed.
    Since your pulling a 5th wheel, [depending on ur lth] it is legal to double tow in all 48lower states. check local laws. I did this when i had a 5th wheeler. don't remember what the total lth can be. but u could possiblely get a trailer just big enought for the spyder. ride safe.
    48 down.