Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am stumped

Spyder Garage

That might be how the JB *SHOULD* work--- but that isn't how it *DOES* work.

Your 'amazing' insight and advice on these settings might get someone into an accident.

MANY of us have personally witnessed this glitch when setting modes 5 and 6 too close to each other. The 'cruise' setting has no affect pertaining to this glitch. The problem is repeatable and proven to be a glitch in the JB by many of us when running modes 5 and 6 too close.

Again, if you had any REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE actually RIDING a Spyder you might know this.

I see you've emerged from your winter hibernation only to come out here and attempt to stir up trouble without adding anything positive to our Spyder community. 99% of your posts have nothing to do with the Spyder - which makes sense since you don't even ride one. Are your Spyder riding miles even into the triple digits?

Don't you have any HD forums where you can share your 'wealth of knowledge' () about YOUR bike? - or did they get tired of you too?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

OOOOH-Boy.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post
    Nice !!!!

We'll just wait for the original poster to post his results after installing the o2 mod........

Spyder Garage

It happened to me when I had mine too
    Changed the settings and it went away
    2009 SE5 Aerocharger turbo, Evoluzione Swaybar, Penske racing shocks, 225/45 r15 hankook ventus r-s3 tires all the way around

Spyder Garage

The o2 mod helped too
    2009 SE5 Aerocharger turbo, Evoluzione Swaybar, Penske racing shocks, 225/45 r15 hankook ventus r-s3 tires all the way around

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I see you've emerged from your winter hibernation only to come out here and attempt to stir up trouble without adding anything positive to our Spyder community.
    Well.... that's what it says in his avatar (TroubleMaker).
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonnibdd View Post
    OK Gents and ladies I have a 08 gs 11,500miles. I had Tb dual and plain JB put on before I even rode it as I have a prostetic leg and have to put a hand brake conversion put on so I never rode it stock but dealer toke me it ran like a top. So last yr and this year same problem. O i have a k&n filter as well. Between 3&4000 rpm VERY VERY noticable miss and when cruising at low rpm in town and then ever so slightly feather the throttle up pretty bad hesitation and back fire around 4 grand. I have tried all setting on jb box shut off no difference rich and lean both worse all lights on jb box are working correctly. we all know how great gas is today but even so i have super clean pipes which would leave one to believe its lean but when richened pops and backfires put new plugs in old ones looked great but if its only doing it at one range and im not there al the time plugs wouldnt show it. I am soooooooo stumped please help. It is making riding not fun. like i said it has a bad hesitation and when i richen it hesitates worse and same other way could be bad jb box? welcome all ideas. THanks folks Bill T.
    Back on topic ,has your bike had all the updates done to the ECM? My bike suffered like yours after the first update.I dont recall the bulletin # [someone here might]but a lot of us on here went through the same hesitation problems till the new map was released.I have the Hindle,Evo. filter and JB and could not tune it out till BRP updated the software.

Spyder Garage

Enough of your crap, already. For others, HDX and his wife have both a HD and a Spyder... and have had for years... one of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That might be how the JB *SHOULD* work--- but that isn't how it *DOES* work.

Your 'amazing' insight and advice on these settings might get someone into an accident.

MANY of us have personally witnessed this glitch when setting modes 5 and 6 too close to each other. The 'cruise' setting has no affect pertaining to this glitch. The problem is repeatable and proven to be a glitch in the JB by many of us when running modes 5 and 6 too close.

Again, if you had any REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE actually RIDING a Spyder you might know this.

I see you've emerged from your winter hibernation only to come out here and attempt to stir up trouble without adding anything positive to our Spyder community. 99% of your posts have nothing to do with the Spyder - which makes sense since you don't even ride one. Are your Spyder riding miles even into the triple digits?

Don't you have any HD forums where you can share your 'wealth of knowledge' () about YOUR bike? - or did they get tired of you too?
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

WOW some sort of history between you 2 or what???

I see both points as valid, and since opinion and preference is part of this equation why the heck all the bickering??

It was fun for a bit but the personal slams are getting old.

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post

WOW some sort of history between you 2 or what???

I see both points as valid, and since opinion and preference is part of this equation why the heck all the bickering??

It was fun for a bit but the personal slams are getting old.

Jim
    HDX has been a long time stalker of me-- nothing better to do I guess.
    --------------

ATA-- ---- Oh please----lighten up already .

I fail to understand why those that HATE the spyder and BRP (not saying you do) continue to come out here and cause trouble. I usually keep them on block and/or ignore them-- you'll notice if you look over the last few months- pretty much every post by them is meant to start trouble and has little to do with the Spyder.

So who needs to cut the crap? I guess we both do and I shouldn't have lowered myself to his level-- and generally don't - and while he may know a little about the technology (anyone can read up on the simple technology the JB uses) - he's just simply incorrect about the extra benefits of running the o2 mod along with the JB. You simply cannot get the same results with JUST the JB. Maybe the Pro can - dunno - don't have one.

He's basically saying dozens of us with tens of thousands of miles using this combination are wrong when he hasn't ridden much and never tried this combo. To infer that dozens of us just 'don't know how to set the JB' is asinine.

His goal is always to derail a thread and try and bring me down to his level -- guess he accomplished his mission. I mean no offense to the decent HD riders out there - I ride with them all the time.
    --------------------------

Back to the topic at hand-- getting the original posters Spyder running better - I'm confident when he adds the o2 mod to the equation he'll be happy with the results - especially for the very reasonable $90 investment.

Spyder Garage

Hi Everyone, long time no talk. Pretty much why I'm not on here much - nothing to talk about since I'm not a "techie". I let HDX do all the tech talk. I just ride the darn thing. I see a lot of new members on here now - that is very cool! For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm HDX's wife and I have a yellow 2008 Spyder. HDX has his Harley but he rides my Spyder as much as I do. Actually I quit riding it. Not that I don't like it - I do but other things in life became a little more important for me at this time. So now HDX basically inherited my Spyder (which he's always ridden anyway when I wasn't on it) plus his Harley. His nickname in here is "troublemaker" but he only makes trouble with people who continuously harp on him and crawl up his you know what. He's actually a really nice guy who's very laid back and he'll help anyone out who asks.

From what I've seen on this thread, it's the same ole stuff at Spyderlovers - gee being away for so long besides more members, it's the same old cussing match and Firefly has done it again.....

This poster was asking some questions, HDX was answering and Firefly had to start with putting down Harleys.....

"Asking an HD owner for their opinions on Spyder performance is like asking your garbage man how to perform brain surgery...."

So here we go again. Then HDX of course posts back and here we are in another p*ssing match. WAY TO GO FIREFLY! You did it again! And then you stand back and play the victim. The poster just asked a question and you had to turn it into an HDX Harley drama - what has THAT got to do with anything that the poster was talking about?.

Continuing on......
    "I'll respect your opinion on this far more than an HD that doesn't even ride a Spyder though....."

"Of course those who only have a few hundred miles of seat time on their wives Spyder and don't ride it hard would never know this. I'll take the opinions of those with REAL seat and wrench time on a Spyder over someone with a non-related license hanging on a wall any day."

And then....

"I see you've emerged from your winter hibernation only to come out here and attempt to stir up trouble without adding anything positive to our Spyder community. 99% of your posts have nothing to do with the Spyder - which makes sense since you don't even ride one. Are your Spyder riding miles even into the triple digits?

Don't you have any HD forums where you can share your 'wealth of knowledge' () about YOUR bike? - or did they get tired of you too?"

STIR UP TROUBLE? He was simply answering another poster's question and you had to start your sh*t and then the violins start playing as you claim it's all his fault. Whatever the hell crawled up your ass and died definitely is giving you the ants in the pants because you've just been itching to pick on someone who also rides another bike besides a Spyder and has quite a fews years of wrenching, pulling apart engines of all kinds behind his belt.

If you have more cr@p that needs to spew out of your mouth about my husband, I'd appreciate you keep it off the forums. At one time you promised you'd behave as well as I but after seeing this bullsh*t I'm p*ssed. You have a beef with someone - be a real man and call HDX and have a little talk. I'm sure you he'll listen to ya - much better than making a fool of yourself, as usual.

Spyder Garage

I sense some hostility boys boys.
    anyways thank you to all and thanks Lamontster for chatting was much learned and listned. I am going to soke up some more knowledge from the site and take off jb and see if problem remains. just got 2 new honda gaskets although nothing was wrong with mine just figured i would change out while i was in there. am waiting for o2 mod and put that on as well.while on subject i took a pic is anyone know if there is supposed to be a hose on this nipple its on r side under air box thanks
    Last edited by lonnibdd; 05-30-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Hi Everyone, long time no talk. Pretty much why I'm not on here much - nothing to talk about since I'm not a "techie". I let HDX do all the tech talk. I just ride the darn thing. I see a lot of new members on here now - that is very cool! For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm HDX's wife and I have a yellow 2008 Spyder. HDX has his Harley but he rides my Spyder as much as I do. Actually I quit riding it. Not that I don't like it - I do but other things in life became a little more important for me at this time. So now HDX basically inherited my Spyder (which he's always ridden anyway when I wasn't on it) plus his Harley. His nickname in here is "troublemaker" but he only makes trouble with people who continuously harp on him and crawl up his you know what. He's actually a really nice guy who's very laid back and he'll help anyone out who asks.

From what I've seen on this thread, it's the same ole stuff at Spyderlovers - gee being away for so long besides more members, it's the same old cussing match and Firefly has done it again.....

This poster was asking some questions, HDX was answering and Firefly had to start with putting down Harleys.....

"Asking an HD owner for their opinions on Spyder performance is like asking your garbage man how to perform brain surgery...."

So here we go again. Then HDX of course posts back and here we are in another p*ssing match. WAY TO GO FIREFLY! You did it again! And then you stand back and play the victim. The poster just asked a question and you had to turn it into an HDX Harley drama - what has THAT got to do with anything that the poster was talking about?.

Continuing on......
    "I'll respect your opinion on this far more than an HD that doesn't even ride a Spyder though....."

"Of course those who only have a few hundred miles of seat time on their wives Spyder and don't ride it hard would never know this. I'll take the opinions of those with REAL seat and wrench time on a Spyder over someone with a non-related license hanging on a wall any day."

And then....

"I see you've emerged from your winter hibernation only to come out here and attempt to stir up trouble without adding anything positive to our Spyder community. 99% of your posts have nothing to do with the Spyder - which makes sense since you don't even ride one. Are your Spyder riding miles even into the triple digits?

Don't you have any HD forums where you can share your 'wealth of knowledge' () about YOUR bike? - or did they get tired of you too?"

STIR UP TROUBLE? He was simply answering another poster's question and you had to start your sh*t and then the violins start playing as you claim it's all his fault. Whatever the hell crawled up your ass and died definitely is giving you the ants in the pants because you've just been itching to pick on someone who also rides another bike besides a Spyder and has quite a fews years of wrenching, pulling apart engines of all kinds behind his belt.

If you have more cr@p that needs to spew out of your mouth about my husband, I'd appreciate you keep it off the forums. At one time you promised you'd behave as well as I but after seeing this bullsh*t I'm p*ssed. You have a beef with someone - be a real man and call HDX and have a little talk. I'm sure you he'll listen to ya - much better than making a fool of yourself, as usual.

I didnt mean to stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr up any beefs I respect everybodys opinion and take somthing way from it if i can maybe there needs to be a and work this all out like good fellows riders would. we are all out for the same purpose at least most i think to ride and feel the fresh 02 in the brain. again thanks to ALL for taking time out of there day to help another fellow rider out

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

.while on subject i took a pic is anyone know if there is supposed to be a hose on this nipple its on r side under air box thanks
    That's probably the vent for your vacuum clutch assist.

Spyder Garage

I didnt mean to stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr up any beefs I respect everybodys opinion and take somthing way from it if i can maybe there needs to be a and work this all out like good fellows riders would. we are all out for the same purpose at least most i think to ride and feel the fresh 02 in the brain. again thanks to ALL for taking time out of there day to help another fellow rider out
    No worries, you didn't stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir up anything - Firefly did, as usual. It's ok for him to give opinions and in his mind nobody's else's opinions matter and it's his way of validating himself.

If you ask a question or inquire for help, it's good to get a bunch of opinions. You did and that's what you got. Your thread just got a li'l sidetracked. No biggie. Enjoy your Spyder

Spyder Garage

thanks spyryder

Spyder Garage

This will be my last post in response to HDX and SMY ---

I'm guilty of adding fuel to the fire for sure-- BUT - if you look back at the progression of threads you will see that (as has OFTEN been the case) the minute I post my opinion on a subject to help a member--- HDX chimes in trying to berate my opinion:

I posted:
    maybe try and 02 modifier.

JB is pretty blinking lights for the most part-- O2 mod does more IMO.

Very next post by HDX:

"If it was good once, and now it's not, and you didn't change anything, I doubt if the problem is fuel mapping"

Then a few posts down after the original poster said he ordered the o2 mod:

I posted:

Good call on ordering the O2 mod. Just plug her into the JB where the OEM cable from the sensor plugs in. Best to use the plug they give you as running the sensor without having it plugged in can fry it.

Once you go with the O2 -- you'll probably never go back....

The O2 mod will make more of an improvement than the JB does.

Then again- right after I post my opinion- HDX has to attempt to berate it:

If you need an o2 mod to get your JuiceBox to perform correctly, your JuiceBox was never adjusted properly..........

Installing fuel mapping modification devices, and using them correctly are two different things

---------------------

It was THEN that I lowered myself to his level. He knew he was trying to attack my opinions and worded the above to berate my opinions on the matter - even though DOZENS of us can attest to this combo working well.

So before you go saying that I started anything--- better read the posts IN ORDER - pretty clear who keeps trying to 'climb up my ' as you put it and VERY clear who started this particular round of bickering!

Buh-BYE!

Spyder Garage

Sorry for mudding up your thread--- no need for you to have to deal with such crap on your thread -- sorry for dropping my guard and getting drawn into another silly squabble.

Hope you get her running top notch again soon-- and hope you can make it to Maggie Valley...

Spyder Garage

whatever-----

Spyder Garage

I just had a quick read over of what the rant on here is with the juicebox and o2 mod, I just have a JB and it sucks, blinking lights for a severe lack of tunning, was the only thing on the market and is a tremendous disappointment.

IF you have both the acc and max throttle WOT whatever on .5 at 83mphish and you let off the gas it will be as if the bike shuts down or blows up. When I set it up for drag racing I would put it on this setting but for the street the sudden loss at that speed(which I am in at corners and such) was screwing me so I have to put the WOT or the acc up to 3 or 2.5. Now I do notice that same issue (my theory is that the math on the acc and Wot meet and someone did not DO the math for this so the JB does not do either path and faults until you let off the gas and it gets on a single throttle curve reading) at 40ish mph when I was not on it as hard so it could be the same issue this guy is having with this "less race" JB setup.

The garage man comment dropped me, I like to give harvey danileson guys crap but I don't think we have met and I have not got into it with you hdx but if you look at, it was a well thought out dig. The argument continues.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post

Going way off topic here, how's RoadDog doing? Does he still have the Harley Trike that he got when he turned in his Spyder?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.