Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A Good Luck Bell?

Anyone know about a good luck bell you're supposed to have hanging on your bike somewhere?

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday for their Thursday Hot Dog night, and the local area Gold Wing club was there, and they each had a small bell mounted low on their bikes.

A few tried to explain it to me, mentioning something about the bell gobbling up the gremlins in the potholes..... and that you can't go buy one yourself, but rather have to have someone give it to you. Anyone know what this is all about?

So, my question is... if 2 wheelers have bells that gobble up pothole gremlins, what should we 3 wheelers have?

Bill

Spyder Garage

Default Bells

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuy442 View Post
    Anyone know about a good luck bell you're supposed to have hanging on your bike somewhere?

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday for their Thursday Hot Dog night, and the local area Gold Wing club was there, and they each had a small bell mounted low on their bikes.

A few tried to explain it to me, mentioning something about the bell gobbling up the gremlins in the potholes..... and that you can't go buy one yourself, but rather have to have someone give it to you. Anyone know what this is all about?

So, my question is... if 2 wheelers have bells that gobble up pothole gremlins, what should we 3 wheelers have?

Bill
    That's obvious, we should hang little SKUNKS. This is so because there is no way to avoid them on the road, especially at 70mph. Maybe a little skunk trinket would ward them off.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

The gremlin bell - hangs off the bottom of your bike and keeps the road gremlins off….

Available at most bike shops, but the best ones are usually found at your local Harley dealer - seems gremlins like Harleys best….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a bell on my spyder the bell keeps road demons away, it words off evil spirits and keeps you safe on the road. The myth is every time you see a pot hole in the road a bell did it's job it captured a road gremlin and turned it into a pot hole!

At least that's what I was told!

I think all motorcyclists deserve something to keep away evil spirits!

Spyder Garage

I got mine here:

http://www.rudedogleather.com/guardi...ian_bells.html

There are many different places to purchase. It is supposed to be a gift from someone else to you.

Spyder Garage

http://www.guardianbell.com/

Local dealer here sells them as well but they're supposed to be more powerful warding off road gremlins if given by a love one as a gift

Spyder Garage

I had one given to me-- but it was pointed out at Spyderfest that mine was GONE----- must have jumped off outta fear----

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

They are called both "gremlin bells' and 'guardian bells". I'm guessing there might be some additional names for them. A search of the website will give you the legend of the bells, why and how they work. I have them on all my bikes. Also, per the legend--they perform best if someone presents them to you as a gift.

Here it is: I looked it up.

The Legend of the Guardian® Bell

Many years ago, on a cold December night, a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home near where he worked.
    As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn’t let him down once in the many years they had shared the road together.
    Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert, lurked a small group of notorious little critters known as road gremlins. You know, the ones who always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, and pieces of old tires on the road, and also dig those dreaded potholes for bikers to run over and crash, thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil.
    Well, as the lone wolf of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night, the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid before coming to a stop next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their way towards him. Well, this biker, not being one to give up, started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally, with nothing else to throw but a bell, he started ringing it in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins.
    About a half a mile away, camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the campfire talking about their day’s ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing, and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood, they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last ran off into the night.
    Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the biker’s motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.
    So, whenever you see a biker with a bell, you know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life—friendship from a fellow biker.
    The Purpose of the Guardian® Bell

Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.
    Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.
    If you pick up a Guardian® Bell of your own, the magic will work, but if your bell is given to you, the power is doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.
    So, if you have a friend who doesn’t have a bell, why not give them one? It’s a nice feeling for the recipient to know you care. The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bikes owner, will help eliminate Evil Road Spirits.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-06-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wow.. you've all taught me a lot about the bell and it's purpose!! Thankyou all for the enlightenment and wisdom you've shared.

Bill

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default AWSOME STORY

About a week before I left for SPYDERFEST, (my 1st bike adventurer and long ride) I told a few friends at work, and a few days later, my buddy with a HD ULTRA, gave me the bell and told me the story. I put it on my the morning I left and everything went smooth all the way to and from CUBA, I could hear the bell at times, and had my BLESSED at COWTOWN, by the CMA guys, It was AWSOME.

Spyder Garage

Default Guardian Bell

Have had 1 on my trike for yrs, no problems, I purchased 1 for Murphybrown an was going to attach it to her Spyder when i got to Cuba,BUT had a family member pass away so wasn't able to get there,feel really bad that she had the problems going home,feel maybe that bell would had made a difference,who knows,so i sent it to her in the mail an she'll have it when she gets home. Must be given by a true friend or a loved one.

Spyder Garage

Everything said above is correct. When someone gives you one, place it low on your . I placed mine on my brake petal arm.

Spyder Garage

I have had one for years. they are not only to received as a gift but a gift from someone who truly cares about you and your well being and is expressing the caring as part of biker culture. I treasure the friendship that generated mine even more than the bell itself
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Everything said above is correct. When someone gives you one, place it low on your . I placed mine on my brake petal arm.
    I agree too. A good friend (Harley rider) gave me mine. Have it about a year now.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Had a friend give me one tried it to the sway bar. Brought 3 at Thunder beach rally gave some of my friends taht didn't have one.

Spyder Garage

Friends gave me 2 bells!

I have one on the bottom if each A arm!!!
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

Spyder Garage

Default Hey DJS...

I'll be looking for the package!!!! Yep I was disappointed you couldn't make Spyderfest..but family always comes first. Spyderfest was AWESOME!!! (They even welcomed some of those 'funny' looking rear wheel trikes and those unstable 2 wheelers!!!! lol-lol) OK now I know what those bells I have seen on others bikes/trykes are for...
    Last edited by murphybrown; 05-07-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway (ever wondered where potholes came from??).

Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuy442 View Post

Bill

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I put a Good luck bell on my Spyder last week on my way to buy a lottery ticket [scratch off] And i hit for 25 thousand dollars,
    So i don't need it any more.
    If any one wants my lucky bell send me one hundred dollars [cash only please] and the lucky bell is yours.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was given mine by a buddy who rides Harleys... When he got his Tri-Glide, I reciprocated... it's the fellowhip that makes it special, so buy one for a friend who doesn't yet have one!

(Bob... you can buy a hundred!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

I got carrried away and had one in every vehicle I own!!! Sold the Buick so have one extra, Then found one in my dads shed so now have 2 extra. Think I'll have to put two on each bike. Make sure the GREMLINS STAY away!!!

Spyder Garage

Smile

just google renegade classics thats where i got mine but most bike shops have them.

Roger

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

GadgetGuy442, if you still need a ride bell, pm me your address and I will send one out to you. Ryde safe.

Spyder Garage

Hey Roger,

Thankyou for the offer - that was very kind of you!!

My brother-in-law who's ridden for years (2-wheelers) and I were talking today and I was surprised he'd never heard of the guardian bell! We had a good discussion today about them, and I think we'll be setting each other up with one.

Are you set up with one?

Bill

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A friend gave my hubby a bell. He put in on his bike but it didn't work, a few weeks later someone hit him from behind. So no bells for us now.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie