Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SE5 oil leak + dealer + BRP = New Dealer

So last November I dropped off my 2008 SE5 at the dealer for an oil leak. They replaced the valve cover gaskets and sent me on my way (Took about a month) Then the snow kicks in and I don't get to ride until January. I go for a short ride and again started smoking and spitting oil. I take it back to the dealer where it sits for 3 weeks. I then get the call saying I could come pick it up that it wasn't leaking. I go ahead and go pick it up ride 2-3 miles and again smoking and spitting oil so back to the dealer I go. I has set at the dealer untouched from that point on until Today. About a month ago I contacted BRP And spoke with Carlo (Who has been a great help so far) He contacted the dealer and they told him the same thing they had been telling me for several months (We are finishing up the one in front and will be starting it tomorrow) Well after 3-4 times of getting this response Carlo, myself and local Rep where all at wits end with mess so they went ahead and picked up the spyder and took it to the other local dealer. They recieved it today and hopefully will be starting on it soon (dealer already warned it would take about 2 weeks to get to it) Lets hope for a quick recovery I need to ride so I can make it out to Maggie Valley in June!!!
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

that is the suck, are you sure the head gaskets were leaking? I was told that lie too and it was really the gasket/oring around the water pump shaft that is on the front pipe side of the bike. there is a weep hole there in between the engine and the waterpump. I also had a o ring on the oil cooler line leak too.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Hopefully David can take care of us and go rYding our s even before Maggie Valley!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    that is the suck, are you sure the head gaskets were leaking? I was told that lie too and it was really the gasket/oring around the water pump shaft that is on the front pipe side of the bike. there is a weep hole there in between the engine and the waterpump. I also had a o ring on the oil cooler line leak too.
    Nope i'm not sure that they where leaking infact i'm pretty sure they probably where not leaking that the leak is the same now as it was before. I'll know what it was when the new dealer gets to look at it. I don't really trust what theo ther dealer was telling me since BRP had never seen this problem yet the dealer had 3 spyders in the shop for almost the same thing. They said it was the leaking from the front pully that every time you shift gears it shifts the pully enough to cause it to shoot some oil out.

I'm just glad the new dealer isn't taking the word of the other and are going to diagnose it themselves to confirm that the problem is in that front pulley.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post
    I'm just glad the new dealer isn't taking the word of the other and are going to diagnose it themselves to confirm that the problem is in that front pulley.
    I talked to David yesterday about my issue. He told me that he's talked to Carlo and a BRP manufacturing tech about my clutch and they are investigating the cause. Most likely it is looking like a factory defect because the specs on the clutch were under of what the factory recommends. David also told me to start getting BRP involved in the towing reimbursement since most dealers are closed Sundays, I should not pay for the breakdown to my house towing (even if I have roadside assistance, BRP should cover it).

That is why we like Yamaha of Millington...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    I talked to David yesterday about my issue. He told me that he's talked to Carlo and a BRP manufacturing tech about my clutch and they are investigating the cause. Most likely it is looking like a factory defect because the specs on the clutch were under of what the factory recommends. David also told me to start getting BRP involved in the towing reimbursement since most dealers are closed Sundays, I should not pay for the breakdown to my house towing (even if I have roadside assistance, BRP should cover it).

That is why we like Yamaha of Millington...
    That is true you shouldn't have be pay for the tow just because the dealer is closed. That should be on BRP as well as the tow from house to dealer. Yea he is the first dealer who i have talked to that recomended calling BRP.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!