Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SXSMachine View Post
    ...I see the current Spyder as an incomplete technology because they have re-introduced car like lateral forces to someone who isn't belted in position to take them and the lack of a means to overcome them.
    I hear what you're saying and I might be inclined to agree with you if I didn't love the feel of the ride of the Spyder's current configuration. For some reason I find the lateral forces more thrilling and enjoyable than the more elegant but sedate leaning of a motorcycle. Obviously just a personal preference, but for me a major factor of why I prefer a Spyder over a motorcycle. If BRP develops a leaning Spyder I would have to reevaluate the whole riding experience.

To me the Spyder is a hybrid between a a motorcycle and a sports car, providing you great features of both. It effectively pairs the motorcycle like thrill of riding in the open air with the wonderfully visceral experience of driving a glued to the pavement roadster. A very unique and satisfying combination. If I wanted just the feel of a motorcycle I would simply ride a motorcycle. I much prefer the thrilling, highly enjoyable ride of the Spyder which no other vehicle offers. Those who want to make it more like a motorcycle are missing the point I think, and would ultimately transform it into something else. To me it's perfect just the way it is.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I hear what you're saying and I might be inclined to agree with you if I didn't love the feel of the ride of the Spyder's current configuration. For some reason I find the lateral forces more thrilling and enjoyable than the more elegant but sedate leaning of a motorcycle. Obviously just a personal preference, but for me a major factor of why I prefer a Spyder over a motorcycle. If BRP develops a leaning Spyder I would have to reevaluate the whole riding experience.

To me the Spyder is a hybrid between a a motorcycle and a sports car, providing you great features of both. It effectively pairs the motorcycle like thrill of riding in the open air with the wonderfully visceral experience of driving a glued to the pavement roadster. A very unique and satisfying combination. If I wanted just the feel of a motorcycle I would simply ride a motorcycle. I much prefer the thrilling, highly enjoyable ride of the Spyder which no other vehicle offers. Those who want to make it more like a motorcycle are missing the point I think, and would ultimately transform it into something else. To me it's perfect just the way it is.
    +1.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post

Whatever rings your bell and wouldn't it be a boring old world if we all loved the same thing, we'd never grow, learn or experience anything different, so thats all good.

If I was you I would be push for 4 wheels and the GG quadcycles for a ride or two, they are a bit of a maniac or the Laurent or I have eve seen on the net some guys who built a quad frame around a Subaru imprezza engine, an auto version and I dont think in their video on a twisty section they even got out of second.

But I'm certainly not saying that that people shouldn't have what they want but bike innovation is just about every model were always tinkering with our toys!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LEANER

PRO10IS YOU ROCK....MIKE.....

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Tilt steer video

Hey peeps, just found a copy of a tilt/camber steer system for the Can Am , very oversimplified but its a demo none the less stripped back of all the technology after the mechanics. I wouldn't suggest this as even prototyped technology yet think it was just a class project. Never the less I remain very excited by the possiblity of a cambersteer Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Blasphemy! Why ruin something that is perfect and proven?

As for the lateral forces, the Spyder was never ment to be ridden like a car....you ride it like a quad or a snowmobile where you lean or slide your butt into the corners to counter the lateral G's. I can take a 45mph rated hwy interchange at 90mph without a worry.
    Last edited by joet82; 02-24-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Harley-Davidson has had a patent for a leaning trike for at least the past ten years. Still, you don't see any on the streets. I expect we will find BRP doing the same thing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    Blasphemy! Why ruin something that is perfect and proven?.
    Far from perfect, but ok for now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I don't think the current configuration is "perfect" when you can lift the inside wheel in a turn but I am more than happy to accept that people like it the way it is and enjoy it the way it is,. It does dtrike me as odd though, and i agree wholeheartedly it is meant to be ridden like a quad, that on the basis or riding it like a quad people dont have more to say oin actually having quad geometry available, it would certainly look more like a Spider!.

I think some people dont go far back enough in the thread though to know I want this model for the reasons of being an enabled Spyder rider, that it is a special model to me, but I just also happen to think that its a better idea as well and in an X configuration.

It makes sense when 1/3rd of the world and 2/5ths of the Potential global market for Spyders can ride a X configuration.

Spyder Garage

Hey Guys & Gals...

Check these videos out. www.tiltingmotorwerks.com They kind of put a face to the still shots seen earlier in this thread. It doesn't light my fire, I'm really partial to my ride, but still interesting.

Regards....
    GregP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GregP View Post
    Hey Guys & Gals...

Check these videos out. www.tiltingmotorwerks.com They kind of put a face to the still shots seen earlier in this thread. It doesn't light my fire, I'm really partial to my ride, but still interesting.

Regards....
    GregP
    I gotta agree atm there is nothing I have seen in production that makes for a great system to convert any 2 wheel bike into a Y tryke. They all end up with their fronts way out there, but b/c the Spyder is built like that only minor changes are required and you can basically hold the same body shape so not destroy the cosmetics to complete the transformation.

I think we have seen most of my leaning Tryke stuff but here are some other tilting vehicle video's and sites if people are interested.

The Wesll is one of the best concepts to pre-production vehicles I have seen so far.
    http://www.wesllcorp.com

http://www.naro.co.uk/index2.htm

Although not leaning a boutique spinoff of a leading manufacturer.
    http://www.eatv.de/com/modelle/modelle.php

Ride safe this weekend my amigos!

Spyder Garage

It doesn't lean but if you put some flat/fat tyres on it I think it woiuld be closer to a road going concern than a quad. If it did tilt in this configuration gee it would be very close the the Wesll concept and could work fabulously on road and off-road.

bombardier-BRD-exit-concept.jpg brp_exit_wheelie.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WaltH View Post
    Harley-Davidson has had a patent for a leaning trike for at least the past ten years. Still, you don't see any on the streets. I expect we will find BRP doing the same thing.

Actually Harley built a prototype called the Penster that is in the Harley Museum.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/04/h...ke-prototypes/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SC_DOC View Post
    Actually Harley built a prototype called the Penster that is in the Harley Museum.

And that's not out on the streets, now is it?

I'd love to have a leaning Spyder-- as another model. NOT one that replaces the current design, which I also enjoy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Eventually (I think!), somebody will bring one to the market and it'll be up to the buying public to decide which one they like better...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default So...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Each to their own notion", said the old woman as she kissed the cow...
    "So I see", said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!!
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Tuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hadn't heard that one in a very looong time!
    Thanks for the mammaries!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk

If it leans, it looses frunk, no thanks, I like my frunk
    wanna lean? - get two wheeler

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    And that's not out on the streets, now is it?

I'd love to have a leaning Spyder-- as another model. NOT one that replaces the current design, which I also enjoy.
    This is what I think will happen, its going to happen ....... and X bikes will also come out from Can Am as well as the Y design, half the world can ride them on the road so why ignore that?

Spyder Garage

I was able to have a conversation with my Roads and traffic authority here in my State in Australia yesterday and as an "Enabled" rider, basically given an engineers report I can design something with them that will be safe enough to run AND provides a better solution than riding anything else I can design both a Y trike and a X bike (quadracycle - leaning in this case).

So given some coversation with some design engineers here I can get a leaning design down and then get it made or still trying to look in Europe to see if anyone there has done anything as say France and Germany which are prolific bike customisers and have 4 wheelers legal on the road so I'm SURE sombebody must have done something.

If not I'll have to start from scratch myself and I have the concepts and the precedents to work with from other leaning bikes its just a matter of applying them to the Spyder. Be a hell of a project and cost a a gazillion dollars I dont have if I do it over here, but I'll probably have to do at least the drawings here.

Anyway lets see what we can find out if it takes me a year to come up with a design and build that would probably be a good thing as I hope another business idea I'm starting up will make me enough maney to help make this product and then I maybe able to do that privately and maybe put it on the market at least in the US and Europe, ironically not be able to do it in Australia.

Wanted to talk to ISCI about it but havent been able to get a hold of Darrell does anyone know him or their latest e-mail address?

Cheers

Gavin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

An ambitious undertaking to be sure; the best of luck to you! Please keep us informed on how it progresses...
    Regarding ISCI:
    I'll see if I can get an email address or phone number for you...

I couldn't find an email address...
    Phone numbers I did find!
    Toll free: (might not wok on an internatinal call...)
    1 800 838 9421
    OR..
    1 334 277 2224 phone #
    OR
    1 334 277 9648 fax #
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Gee, it looks like a ...

Can-Am MP3... ooops, I mean Piaggio...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    Can-Am MP3... ooops, I mean Piaggio...
    Only time you'll notice it Frank is when somebody turns inside you doing twice your speed in the twisties!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tilting spyder

i will be following this with intrest also tilting hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,

Spyder Garage

I had one of these. Paid $2,300 . Nothing but Problems- never even rode it - GAVE away for $1,000 . Many parts were Not as pictured- it was a total disaster. I was just Happy to get it out of the garage!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!