Thread: ipod help

Spyder Garage

Default ipod help

When I hook my Ipod the the harness it plays and charges but the screen still says AUX. this is a 2011 RTS. Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

If you are using the iPod cable and not the MP3 cable, there is probably a bad connection. I'd try another iPod just to make sure, then see the dealer.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

it will show AUX if not plugged in all the way. sometimes mine does that when my back trunk is empty and the itouch bounces around enough to loosen the plug to the spyder. the apple side is usually pretty secure as it snaps (clicks) in when you have the connector all the way in to the itouch.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Wink

Question for the OP...

Do you have the BRP/Garmin 660 GPS unit installed with the BRP kit as well?

If yes...

We had this happen quite often Even purchased the BRP holder for the iPod hoping it was the vibration or bumps in the road causing this issue at the connection on the iPod. Now we also have the CB, but with us wanting to communicate to each other on coms, we had to get the audio harness that is an add on for this. I think it is really just a canbus (Single wire assembly with multi functions like GM uses).

Anyway, my point... If you have a GPS there is a chance the Tech that installed the GPS plugged it into the wire up by the right front foglight instead of the other plug up under the right side panel (By our knees).

Our tech (new tech) discovered this last week as we took ours in for the third time for the GPS not working and the iPod doing this "AUX" thing off and on...

The way it sounds from our tech is a lot of these electronic use that canbus but still need to be plugged in to the right jack to function properly...

Since the fix we went about 600 miles this last week with zero issue
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    it will show AUX if not plugged in all the way. sometimes mine does that when my back trunk is empty and the itouch bounces around enough to loosen the plug to the spyder. the apple side is usually pretty secure as it snaps (clicks) in when you have the connector all the way in to the itouch.
    My 2011 RTS plug bounced out frequently, although my 2010 did not. I bent a couple of pins inside the adapter cable ever so gently, just to keep tension on the connector, and haven't bounced out since.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Tried pushing connections, reconnecting and trying my iphone. No luck. Its plays the songs and charges just fine just will not show on the screen or control.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSpyder View Post
    Tried pushing connections, reconnecting and trying my iphone. No luck. Its plays the songs and charges just fine just will not show on the screen or control.
    only other thing is bad ipod connector cable... check the pins to make sure none are bent or broken. when you get to the AUX screen hit the SET button to the right of the MODE button. see if it will cycle around then hit IPOD instead of AUX next time.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSpyder View Post
    Are you going to make it to the owner event in Maggie Valley? Some of the head Spyder techs will be there.