Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Smile I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE?

I know this has been brought up before. I really really don't mind answering peoples questions about the spyder but when me and my daughter were washing our bikes and a lady comes up and asks " is that like a three wheeler" Yes i could have given her a correct answer but. See thinking about it makes me out of sorts and i loose track where i was going with this post in the first place. I knew what she ment but!!

Roger

Spyder Garage

The commercials on T.V. are slowly helping in getting less dumb ??'s It is much better now than last year I can at least fill up with gas without being completely surrounded, with time it is getting better..

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Duh? How did you guess it was a three wheeler??
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I got the opposite today... some guy came up and asked me if I had ever seen a 3 wheeler with the 2 wheels in the back???? I was speechless!!! I didn't even know what to say. That certainly was a 1st for me.

Spyder Garage

Those are both pretty good. A lot of people are into the "open mouth--insert foot" mode. I think what happens is they are so overwhelmed that they don't know what to say. And then when they say something--it comes out wrong. It great to have a machine that is a real "mind blower". Most of the time, I try to have fun with it and go with the flow.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Heeeeere's you sign...

Spyder Garage

"The 2 wheels had a kid"
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    "The 2 wheels had a kid"

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Roger;314902]I know this has been brought up before. I really really don't mind answering peoples questions about the spyder but when me and my daughter were washing our bikes and a lady comes up and asks " is that like a three wheeler" Yes i could have given her a correct answer but. See thinking about it makes me out of sorts and i loose track where i was going with this post in the first place. I knew what she ment but!

Hey Roger buddy, if that gets to you I can see why you didn't win the BRP ambassador contest.lol!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On our way home from Spyderfest we met a bunch of weirdos. One guy got so close to me when I was filling up that I bumped into him when I went to hang up the pump. His questions were so ridiculous I couldn't wait to get away from him. He ticked Boots off too by telling her he was sorry that she only had one arm. Then we had a funny encounter with a cop at a gas station in MI. He wanted to know how fast the Spyder would go. I told him that it would go fast enough for him to write me a ticket. He offered to put the radar gun on me.

As others have commented since the commercial I've gotten a lot of people saying that they have seen the commercial but had never seen a Spyder in person.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    .....I told him that it would go fast enough for him to write me a ticket. He offered to put the radar gun on me......
    How benevolent of him! I suppose he didn't offer any amnesty.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

i guess i am lucky, i get people:
    blocked me in my driveway as i was trying to back out and asked "where can i buy one of those? i have seen the commercials but don't know where a dealer is"
    "you like your ride?"
    "what kinda mileage you get?"
    and my favorite "my wife says if i get a bike she is gone, but i figure if i get one of those she'll stay" and this one i got while dropping my off yesterday for the 600 mile maint and some mods...
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I stilll don't mind. I remember the people that answered my questions before I bought.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    I stilll don't mind. I remember the people that answered my questions before I bought.
    Bravo !!

Finally, what in my humble opinion, is the best response I've read to these threads.

I guess, being a safety engineer, I've always felt there is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that most folks mean well; they just don't know how to start an intelligent conversation. So until the advertising sinks a bit deeper into the public's conscientiousness we still get to play at being Rock Stars...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At a light a driver pulled up next to me and held up two fingers then held up three fingers and shrugged his shoulders.

I held up four fingers, looked around and shouted - WHERE'D IT GO?

We both laughed and proceeded on.

Spyder Garage

A lot of people ask because of physical problems. The power steering usually brings a smile. I usually tell them, Don't test drive if don't plan on buying it's that addicting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tell folks to leave their wallets, checkbooks, credit cards and banker's phone number at home...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Those are both pretty good. A lot of people are into the "open mouth--insert foot" mode. I think what happens is they are so overwhelmed that they don't know what to say. And then when they say something--it comes out wrong. It great to have a machine that is a real "mind blower". Most of the time, I try to have fun with it and go with the flow.
    Yes i know she wanted info but it came out the wrong way. Its like i want to laugh but the stupidity of the question got me.

[quote=Peoriafirefighter;314949]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I know this has been brought up before. I really really don't mind answering peoples questions about the spyder but when me and my daughter were washing our bikes and a lady comes up and asks " is that like a three wheeler" Yes i could have given her a correct answer but. See thinking about it makes me out of sorts and i loose track where i was going with this post in the first place. I knew what she ment but!

Hey Roger buddy, if that gets to you I can see why you didn't win the BRP ambassador contest.lol!
    I have alot of patience but this just gets old real fast with dumb questions.
    can't wait to see you at americade buddy we had fun. even in the rain.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Did a charity ride last Saturday. At the event stop there was a guy that followed me everywhere. He had "just one more question" all afternoon, even when we were trying to eat. I could not convince him that he didn't test ryde the RT in '08. He even butted in when I was explaining to some other folks about the . However, my wife said she was proud of me because I maintained my patience with him.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Registered Users Vegaspearlbaby's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I must admit that I do get tired of the questions and usually try to be as polite as I can. As a lady rider I get the comment primarily from guys that its a "big bike" and constantly asked how I like it and just how fast it can go.

Of course "I LOVE IT!!!" is how I like it and when I leave you in the dust, yeah... it can go quite fast... for a GIRL!

Sarah
    Last edited by Vegaspearlbaby; 05-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    Dont buy this thing if you dont want to answer question at each stop....
    This is exactly what I was told when I ordered my sidecar 7 years ago, and it's been true for most of those years! At least I'll be prepared for the questions when I get my . There are very few of them (sidecars or 's) on the road around here on the Delmarva Peninsula.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Oh, come on guys, if we didn't want to be noticed, we'd all be riding Hondas!
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Registered Users Vegaspearlbaby's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

While taking a short ride last Sunday I kept hearing a horn blowing behind me??? I kept looking around and not knowing which vehicle it was I would blow my horn back as a sign of "HEY Back At Ya!!!" Well I finally get to a stop sign where once again I hear the horn...BUT this time I notice a truck behind me with an older gentlemen asking me to hold on!! Well he jumps out, camera in hand, and states that he been following me for 3 miles honking his horn because he's been always wanted to take a REAL picture of the "SPYDER" since he's seen it on TV. Neddless to say I obliged and traffic waited for him to snap off some pics....... BTW... He wanted me to pose on the bike also!!!!