Spyder Garage

Smile 2011 RT Windshield, need a blueprint please =]

It seems no one wants to trade my 2010 Windshield for a 2011 so on to the next idea

Does anyone have the 2011 windshield traced out or blueprint of it? I would love to have a wax paper type trace and just cut our 2010 to match that of a 2011 . Just tired of the snow shovel up front

And yes...

Thank you very much!!!
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    ...I would love to have a wax paper type trace and just cut our 2010 to match that of a 2011...
    Me too!
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Lamonster has what you're looking for...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Wink

Anyone?
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

its 2 inches off the top and 1 inch from each side at the top taper down to existing width near bottom.

see picture here = http://www.spydertalk.com/content/showarticle.php?ID=66

Spyder Garage

Default pattern

I GOT BIT!!!!!!!!! GOING TO PICK UP MY NEW 011RTS FRI WHEN I GET HER HOME I'LL GET YOU THE PATTERN. PM ME YOUR ADRESS WE'LL SEND IT OUT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think that Lamonster has what you're looking for...

Lamonster runs a Sport Clear Wide Shield he got from us.

You can find the shield he is using here....

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyderwindshield.html
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Smile

Thank you all for your help... Looks like another one of those adventures with me and my tape and measuring tools...

Next question. How do we cut it and leave a nice smooth finish? I do have a rotozip and a larger Router... But I think a small router is needed in this situation?

Spyder Garage

NO tips for cutting?

Spyder Garage

The only thing I learned on cutting plexiglass was to let a professional do it. If you use a power tool you have to use the correct blade and speed. It is very easy to overheat the plexiglass and melt it. I tried cutting a windshield for the HD. It ended up okay but not the original shape I intended. The hardest part is sanding the edges smooth and staight so it looks clear. Anyway that was my experience. I guess the key to having a professional looking job is having the right tools and know how to use them.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Red face

Thank you!... Sounds like I will just buy a new one and sell my old one...

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default Cutting windshield

Thank you!... Sounds like I will just buy a new one and sell my old one...
    I did my 2010 RT windshield with a jigsaw and fine or medium blade. I taped it up so not to scratch it. I taped it from the bottom corner up to the top, 1 inch tapered in and then taped it 2 inches lower but along the same line as the oem top edge to get the cut line. Once that was done I used a gallon paint can to get my curve for the corners penciled to follow with my jigsaw. Then I just clamped it to my workmate bench and cut it. Then I used a power sander with 80 grit paper. To get a finnish that is good looking I used 150 emery cloth sand paper dry then used blue magic and the same emery cloth and did my final polish. It came great. So good that I decided to take an extra inch off the top because I can power it up enough for me if needed and wanted to get a better look over the 2 inch lower screen so a 3 inch works best for me. Don't be afraid to do it as the windshields are tough, just try not to scratch the oem shield.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

NO tips for cutting?
    The only tip that I can offer is take it to a shop that cuts lexan and can give you that smooth cut and will not scratch your windshield. I have read posts on this sit where people that have tried to cut the windshield have had very bad results. If it was me I would spend the extra money to get it cut properly. Just my .02 worth