Thread: Harley Trike

Hybrid View

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    Your Harley is a cool machine but take it for what it is. Stability...more so than other trikes maybe if you say so. More than a Spyder aaa not so much. You hit a decreasing radius down hill curve a little too hot and you will not question if it will come up on two wheels and beyond.
    Enjoy it for what it is but do not think for a moment that it does not share the same limits that other trikes have, physics cannot be cheated
    Experiance is a great teacher but having a mentor is better. Short of having a mentor a class is the next best option, she should take the class it is money well spent.

RAL
    You mean the other person not me. I'm a Die Hard Spyder Lover! Yeah baby!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    You mean the other person not me. I'm a Die Hard Spyder Lover! Yeah baby!
    My comments were for wolfshead1. There have been more than a few people who found out the hard way that a trike can be quite unforgiving.

RAL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had a Harley trike for about 6 weeks. Having been a Harley rider before I was sure this was the way to go. Didn't take long to find out it's a freeway rig and I'm NOT a freeway rider!! Went to Spyder for it's ease of handling, quickness, comfort but not the gas mileage. Went on a 2800 mile trip last year with 4 Harley "Leaners" and held my own when I wanted to. Had 9000 miles on my '09 RS and 14000+ on my RTS. Will never trade.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 1stfan View Post
    I had a Harley trike for about 6 weeks. Having been a Harley rider before I was sure this was the way to go. Didn't take long to find out it's a freeway rig and I'm NOT a freeway rider!! Went to Spyder for it's ease of handling, quickness, comfort but not the gas mileage. Went on a 2800 mile trip last year with 4 Harley "Leaners" and held my own when I wanted to. Had 9000 miles on my '09 RS and 14000+ on my RTS. Will never trade.