Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Island Spyder Owners

Hello,

Don't own a Spyder, in the exploratory stage for an RT. Thought this might be something my wife and I could do together. We are live in Port Jefferson, NY. Looking at the BRP website I see there are 2 dealers in Suffolk and 2 in Nassau. Looking for any dealer recommendations, experiences both sales and service, etc.

Thank you for your replies.

John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer recommendation

I Recommend that you use CrossBay Honda on CrossBay blvd. their service department is AWESOME. When the clutch recall was issued last year Tom got me in and out in less than 1 day.
    The dealer where I bought it(mineola) STILL has me on their "list". They also kept my Spyder for 4 days to do the first service last May and it was a perfect ryding weekend. They didn't tell me that until after I brought it in and then blamed me, saying you didn't ask how long...

So, I highly recommend CrossBay in Howard Beach. They also have a location on Sunrise Hwy. in Bayshore(I've not used them only the Howard Beach one)
    Last edited by SpyderRyder2B; 04-27-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: add info

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRyder2B View Post
    I Recommend that you use CrossBay Honda on CrossBay blvd. their service department is AWESOME. When the clutch recall was issued last year Tom got me in and out in less than 1 day.
    The dealer where I bought it(mineola) STILL has me on their "list". They also kept my Spyder for 4 days to do the first service last May and it was a perfect ryding weekend. They didn't tell me that until after I brought it in and then blamed me, saying you didn't ask how long...

So, I highly recommend CrossBay in Howard Beach. They also have a location on Sunrise Hwy. in Bayshore(I've not used them only the Howard Beach one)
    Thank you for the reply and recommendation.

Spyder Garage

Default Poor service at Island Powersports

Don't go to Island Powersports no matter what you do.... They installed my transmission filter backwards and caused me to incur $1,500 in repairs on my trip from Long Island to Daytona. They are incompetent .... for sure !!!

Let us know when you get your bike and would love to get some fellow NY riders together for cruisin'...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=egaffin;313811]Don't go to Island Powersports no matter what you do.... They installed my transmission filter backwards and caused me to incur $1,500 in repairs on my trip from Long Island to Daytona. They are incompetent .... for sure !!!

Good to know.

Spyder Garage

i agree stay away from island motorsports that the old crazy freddies spot and from what i hear they still own it, i go to suzuki mineola which was great at first but they tooo are slow and incompetent so after reading this howard beach is where im going from now on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default service

Quote Originally Posted by spydeebike View Post
    i agree stay away from island motorsports that the old crazy freddies spot and from what i hear they still own it, i go to suzuki mineola which was great at first but they tooo are slow and incompetent so after reading this howard beach is where im going from now on.

Glad to point you in a good direction. I've been quite satisfied with the service and parts department at Howard Beach.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New on Long Island!

Hey guys! I just got my 2011 Spyder SE5, and I'm loving it.

I am looking to do some mods etc, but want to hook up with some LI'ers to get some pointers and tips.

Any other LI guys/girls out there???

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by egaffin View Post
    Don't go to Island Powersports no matter what you do.... They installed my transmission filter backwards and caused me to incur $1,500 in repairs on my trip from Long Island to Daytona. They are incompetent .... for sure !!!

Let us know when you get your bike and would love to get some fellow NY riders together for cruisin'...
    Bought mine from Island Powersports, never any issues with sales or service, in fact they have gone out of the way to accommodate.
    Sorry you had a bad experience, hope it's an isolated incident.

Spyder Garage

Default Metro NYC Spyder Riders

Any other riders interested in joining a group of other metro riders for events, meet-ups etc?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Island

Hey... just hitting this thread again... I keep trying to change my settings so it alerts me when someone responds but doesn't seem to work. anyway.

Still out here...

Spyder Garage

I'm not on LI any longer,but grew up in Glen Cove. Just got my RS-SE5 so I could ride with my wife, she has a RT-SE5,we love our 's
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Rider

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Hey guys! I just got my 2011 Spyder SE5, and I'm loving it.

I am looking to do some mods etc, but want to hook up with some LI'ers to get some pointers and tips.

Any other LI guys/girls out there???
    Looking for other Spyder Riders Also I'm in Hauppauge

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking for other spyder owners on Long Island for get together and rides

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default long island rider

i live in north babylon, and have an rs-s for about 3 months. looking for other long island riders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Let's Get Together!

It looks like there are a few of us now... We live in Center Moriches and ryde an RT LTD. How would you LI Ryders like to meet up for nice summer ride and lunch?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Looking to Ride

Any other riders interested in joining a group of other metro riders for events, meet-ups etc?
    I have been trying to meet other riders. How can we arrange a meeting place. Have my RT 18 months now.

Spyder Garage

Just avoid Champion Motorsports in Lake Grove like the plague. Total liars and sleezebags.

Spyder Garage

New owner in Ridge. Usually take a ride to Captree on Sunday AM or P ort Jeff weekend afternoons.

Spyder Garage

I've had my 2013RT-S since July and have over 5500 miles on it so far. I live in Bellmore & try to ride every chance I get. I usually ride out to oak beach on weekends.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

I would love to hook up with other riders in the area...im in glen oaks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Island spider owners

I live in Patchogue. I am looking for people to ride with.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking to join the group

I live in Merrick and have been riding my 2011 RTS-SE5 since april 2012. Just retired and looking to ride more. contact at piccirj@verizon.net or in this forum. I had the car in for maintennace and got the Spyder out for a few hours to run around. Met another rider (Fox) when riding to the beach last summer. let me know when and where.

Anyone interested in going to the Spyder fest in Springfield MO?

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Pic View Post
    I live in Merrick and have been riding my 2011 RTS-SE5 since april 2012. Just retired and looking to ride more. contact at piccirj@verizon.net or in this forum. I had the car in for maintennace and got the Spyder out for a few hours to run around. Met another rider (Fox) when riding to the beach last summer. let me know when and where.

Anyone interested in going to the Spyder fest in Springfield MO?

Hope you all will join us for SpyderQuest in Lake George in September.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

glen oaks here, looking to find other riders. i have 2013 rt-s. trying to do a sun. meet & ride at al's hubcaps in mineola each week. this sun. my wife & i are riding out to montauk & probably do the ferry to the islands around there. if anyone is interested let me know
    oehubcaps@hotmai.com put spyder ride in subject.