Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Phil's new Grandson-

Some may look at this picture and shake their heads in pity. Don’t. Some shake our heads at what God has done. Do! I am floored. We were prepared for the worst and hoped for the best all the while knowing God has a plan that we may never clearly see this side of heaven. There is NO WAY to look at this and claim that this all ‘just happened’. God is the creator.

The facts are that Britton Lee Carter was born about 11:45am April 26 at 24 weeks, 6 days. He is 1lb, 2oz. As a good friend said… less than a bottle of water. His entire hand is about the size of the last bit of my little finder (I had permission to put my hand in J). They judge newborns on the APGAR scale :
    For Britton, he scored 4,7,7 meaning at birth 4, several minutes later, 7 then at 10 minutes old, 7. Highest is a 10 which even the best of babies usually only get a 9. He was breathing well on 21% oxygen which is pretty much room air with a Q2 level of (as I remember in the NICU) 94% and a 155 pulse. A….mazing.

Now… the next 48 hours will be critical and by no means is he good to go. They have all of the tubes in him to feed him, prepare for any needs he may have, and help him as he acclimates to this world. I have NO idea what God’s plan is for little Britton. NONE of us is even guaranteed our next breath for that matter. But I do know that today I saw a miracle. Look at that picture and see a miracle of God today. Welcome little Britton. Welcome.

See everyone at Spyderfest!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll include baby Britton in my daily prayers... Hang in there...Everything happens for a reason...Larry

Spyder Garage

Happy Birthday, Britton!! I used to work in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (not as a nurse). The small ones can do amazingly well. I will be praying that Britton does well too.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default phiks new grandson

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Some may look at this picture and shake their heads in pity. Don’t. Some shake our heads at what God has done. Do! I am floored. We were prepared for the worst and hoped for the best all the while knowing God has a plan that we may never clearly see this side of heaven. There is NO WAY to look at this and claim that this all ‘just happened’. God is the creator.

The facts are that Britton Lee Carter was born about 11:45am April 26 at 24 weeks, 6 days. He is 1lb, 2oz. As a good friend said… less than a bottle of water. His entire hand is about the size of the last bit of my little finder (I had permission to put my hand in J). They judge newborns on the APGAR scale :
    For Britton, he scored 4,7,7 meaning at birth 4, several minutes later, 7 then at 10 minutes old, 7. Highest is a 10 which even the best of babies usually only get a 9. He was breathing well on 21% oxygen which is pretty much room air with a Q2 level of (as I remember in the NICU) 94% and a 155 pulse. A….mazing.

Now… the next 48 hours will be critical and by no means is he good to go. They have all of the tubes in him to feed him, prepare for any needs he may have, and help him as he acclimates to this world. I have NO idea what God’s plan is for little Britton. NONE of us is even guaranteed our next breath for that matter. But I do know that today I saw a miracle. Look at that picture and see a miracle of God today. Welcome little Britton. Welcome.

We will be praying for Britton, just remember God is in control

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world, Little Britton!

Prayers are coming from Texas for you, your Mom and Dad, your Grandparents and for all of the doctors and nurses caring for you!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Welcome into the world a little earlier than expected Britton. Our prayers are with you, your family, and the entire medical staff that will be taking care of you for a while. Lord willing you will continue to get stronger each day and amaze all of them.

to you and your daughter Phil.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

SpyderRyderTV

Phil, the Savior and His Father are watching over baby Britton for They have a special purpose for him in this world--have Faith.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Happy Birthday, Britton! Good things come in small packages.....praying that God continue to keep you in the palm of His mighty hand...

Spyder Garage

Our Amanda just turned 27 last Saturday. She too had a very hard time at birth. At first we asked why, then we asked why not. We wouldn't trade her for the world. God is good... Prayers for all.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your prayers. If you're at Spyderfest, please allow me the honor of personally saying thanks.

I received better clarification on the first 48 hours- Seems like that is a honeymoon period when all generally goes well. After that, his body will figure out that there are foreign tubes and things in him and will then react, or not. So.... I'll have occasional updates but for now, all is well.

God is in control....

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your prayers. If you're at Spyderfest, please allow me the honor of personally saying thanks.

I received better clarification on the first 48 hours- Seems like that is a honeymoon period when all generally goes well. After that, his body will figure out that there are foreign tubes and things in him and will then react, or not. So.... I'll have occasional updates but for now, all is well.

God is in control....
    God is definitely in control. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers and please update us when you are able.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers

My prayers are with you and your family!

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) SPYDER4FUN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A very special miracle for sure ... add my prayers for wee Britton and your family. I believe there is nothing quite like the power of prayer !
    HAPPY SPYDER RYDER

4 FUN

Spyder Garage

Smile

Congratulations, and your family is in our prayers...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

God is good, Congratulations. we are praying for you all.
    I had to sell my spyderstill love the Spyderlovers

Duane

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

We're adding our prayers and best wishes to all the others.
    As you said, one breath at a time, that's all any of us really have.
    And by the way, I know some big people who started out in tiny packages like little Britton has.
    Please keep us posted on his progress.

Spyder Garage

Default Thuesday 28th Update

Britton had a rocky night. Had to go to 100% O2 for a while, but word from this afternoon is that he is again back to pretty much as he was when he was born- amazing! The coming days will still be rocky and many of you know. There are so many things that will be developing like his immune system. When it does, it may not like the tubes, etc. and it may get unhappy. They are keeping him very quiet to let him grow.

Generally take it that no news is good news. Thanks so much for all your prayers. Thanks to the folks at Spyderfest that made themselves known so I could thank them in person for praying.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update Phil. I also agree with the no news is good news philosophy in this situation.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Phil, It was great meeting you today. As you can see, I came here and read your thread and to see the photo of Britton. What a precious child of God. Prayers for him and your family as you all go through these delicate times together. Jesus is our healer and our comforter. You are all in his hands, but those are the best hands of all to be in.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default Phil's new grandson!!!!!!

Phil!

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers! (Ann says: What a precious bundle of life - on my knees before God asking for all the good things this little one can have!) We will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for Britton!

Warmest regards,
    Reese & Ann

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Phil, It was great meeting you today. As you can see, I came here and read your thread and to see the photo of Britton. What a precious child of God. Prayers for him and your family as you all go through these delicate times together. Jesus is our healer and our comforter. You are all in his hands, but those are the best hands of all to be in.
    Debbie- Bless you for coming up and introducing yourself this morning! You were one of the Spyder 'heroes' I was hoping to meet. Thanks SO much for your comments and prayers.

Reese&Ann- thanks as well.... I'm back in Tyler. I have a full week coming up but let's get lunch soon.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Little Britton

Our prayers go out to you and your family.
    God is definelty in control.
    My daughter had a little boy who was five weeks early. They thought he had a problem with his liver but thank GOD he is allright now. He is 4 months old and making up for lost time. He is wearing six month old clothes and is 17 pounds and 24 inches long.
    With the grace of god Britton will make it too.
    Our daughter was adopted when she was six weeks old. That is another story about God interfering and helping us. I don't think that you want to her the whole story about how we adopted her.
    Now she rides a zuzuki. Tryed my best to get her to ride a spyder

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE #1

I'll only post updates every-so-often and if there is any significant change.

From our daughter Ally Sunday AM...

A quick update... Britton is doing about the same. He is still on the oscillating ventilator. His ox is about 42%. They added sugar to his nutrients bc it is low again. They are treating him with antibiotics for an infection bc his levels suggest there may be one although tests have all come back negative. His blood gas tests every 6 hours are at decent levels and his X-rays are the same, still cloudy. They're not going to feed him again just yet. They just didn't feel he is ready. His jaundice levels have gone down, so they are expecting to take off his biliruben light and sunglasses today unless the test come back with different levels again . His weight is down 10 grams, but still 1 lb 2 oz. His platelets are low, so we are expecting a platelet transfusion sometime again today. This could be due to his possible infection. His skin is dry, so they are starting an antibiotic cream today. They also mentioned again that he does not respond well to touch or any stimulation. They have to turn up his ox when they have to mess with him.

They are trying not to unnecessarily touch. They usually only mess with him every 6 hours. Well... That is what we know... We are going up there in a few hours to talk to him a little. We will let u all know of any changes, but right now, slow and steady wins the race!! Keep up the prayers and thank u for all of ur support And help!!

5/2/11 Addition
    Britton had a good day today! His ox levels on the ventilator are as low as they can go, 21%. Very good. Blood gas levels are the best they have been in several days. He did have a platelet transfusion and we are expecting a blood transfusion in the next couple of days too. Both are normal for the amount of tests they have had to do lately. He still has his biliruben light on, but before there were 2 and now they only have 1. X-rays are only as needed now instead of every 6 hours. Weight is the same, 1 lb 2 oz or 520 grams. My Bp is still up, but we are combatting that with lots of meds. Staples are out, so I too, am on the mend. Keep the prayers coming. God is working.

I've told Ally and her husband that there are many SpyderLovers also praying for them. Thanks friends!
    Last edited by Phil; 05-02-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default CaringBridge

We have so many people that are looking for updates on our grandson, Britton. Here's a simple way to follow the progress and to let them know that you are thinking and praying for them as a family---

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brittoncarter

Thanks Spyder Family for caring and praying....

Spyder Garage

1lb, 4oz today! All things considered, doing well but still considered critical. Don't look at Britton and feel sad. Look at this and see a miracle!
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brittoncarter

New photos also posted. Two samples....

Thanks again for the prayers. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-16-2011 at 12:08 AM.