Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    I purchased this exhaust from Karstens and received it in 3 days.

I finally got around to putting it on today. Let me start by saying, I had a heck of a time getting off the existing exhaust. There was alot of and alot of that . I am mechanically challenged and lacking all the right tools which adds to the frustration level. That being said, i did eventually get it off without injuring myself or the bike.

Installing the new pipe was actually fairly easy, but trust me, the was still flying. Slid the pipe over the spyders pipe, tightened the clamp, put the bolt on the hanger(same exact setup as original) and was ready to fire it up.

The first thing that came to mind once I got off the ground to look at it was, that humungous thing hanging off the side of the bike was gone!! Instant Jenny Craig, i'm guessing around 25 lbs of weight loss?

OK, was ready to start it up, hoping i tightened everything enough. That will now be my new worry until i take to my mechanic friend and have him check it....

I fired it up and it sounded just like the video karstens posted, it was awesome. No more sewing machine sounds!! It is also louder than the OEM, I have nothing else to compare it to. It idled very nicely for 10 minutes, revved it a few times and was ready to take it on the road.

Took it for about 15 minute ride, just waiting for it to fall off or something. At cruising speed I thought the sound was good, louder but still could listen to the radio. When you give it some throttle, it sounds like a beast although nothing like the HD that passed me. The bike also seemed to have some more jump to it esp since I was 2 up. I'll ride later by myself to see how it feels then.

All, in all, I would say i'm happy with the pipe, the price including shipping was fine, it appears to be made well(welding was fine) but like anything else, time will tell. I like the weight loss for sure, what seems to be snappier takeoffs and if i get a few extra MPG's, that will be good also.

Karstens!!!

John

Oh yeah, If i could install it, anyone can!

Thanks John,
    Glad You like it

Karsten

Spyder Garage

Default Improved Exhaust

Check it out, made some improvements to the exhaust.
    Now with a solid pipe made of aluminized steel, all welded and coated with high temp paint.
    Also made one for the RS, see link below

http://youtu.be/tRL5FuTY6y4

picture of improved RT exhaust
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default First MPG check

I'm on my second tank full since putting the new exhaust on and pretty happy with the results thus far.

142 miles traveled, gasoline warning came on and probably drove 20 miles with it on before stopping. It was late tonight and i didn't have my back-up cans with me. Plus, SHE would have killed me if i ran out at 1am

Anyway, it only took 3.961 gallons as i let it shut off where it normally shuts off. Heck, i could have made it home

35.84 MPG's/ This tank was 55% 2 up, and 55% local travel, 45% highway.

Not too shabby as i just crossed the 1100k mark.

The pipe sound at cruising speed 55-65MPH is very tolerable and i can hear the music from the spyder clearly.

It idles great as you can hear in the first post and when on the throttle you will be heard for sure.

Thats the update
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hello

Like the sound on the exhaust i live in Australia and how would i be able to get one of these please. And cost shipped to Australia please.

Spyder Garage

Default gln2

I have a 2010 RT-S and I am very interested in your exhaust. Could I get a quote?