Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default One more cancellation

As much as I hate to cancel, we are not going to make it to Spyderfest this year. Our problem is not so much the rain and flooding in Missouri as the lack of rain here in Texas. The fire danger in west Texas has been really bad and it looks like there is almost no chance of rain in our area for the next week or so. The fire that they called the Wildcat fire last week burned almost 160,000 acres and was within 7 miles of our house. It is still not completely out and there were at least two more fires in the area that started and were put out yesterday. We live in the country and it's just not a good time to be away from the house for a week or so. I wish about 10 percent of the rain you've had in Missouri could have been diverted to west Texas.

We were really looking forward to meeting a lot of good people and having a good time in Cuba. Hope everyone has good, safe trips and I'm sure everyone will have a great time. To Len and everyone at Cowtown, Lamonster and others who have worked so hard - thanks for all your hard work and hope to see you next year.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Can't say as I blame you Sir. Given the circumstances I think I would do what you are doing. There will be other events for sure. One thing I have noticed is that Spyderlovers have ways of getting together! It's good to hear that your home is still OK. That has to be some scary stuff, man. My Brother has been evacuated from his home in the San Diego area 3 times now because of wildfire danger. The last one nearly got their home. Take care.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Sorry that you will miss the party...........we will send the rain your way since you want it so bad.

Spyder Garage

I am with you on that decision. We are gonna try and see you all this summer and do some hill riding. Hope you get the much needed rain.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I forgot to mention that we canceled rooms for ourselves and our son at Motel 6 so there are two rooms available for anyone who might need them.

Cotton

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I am with you on that decision. We are gonna try and see you all this summer and do some hill riding. Hope you get the much needed rain.
    We will be looking forward to that, Dudley. The paper this morning said this was the driest year since 1895. We're used to dry weather but this is ridiculous. Add the lack of rain, very low humidity, a fairly good growth of dry grass and weeds, temperatures in the 90's, high winds everyday and you have the perfect ingredients for wildfires and that's what we're getting. But, hopefully, we'll get some rain soon and, in any case, a ride through the Texas hill country is always nice.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Bummer but understandable. Good luck keeping the fire gods appeased!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Range/wild fires are scary and unpredictable. I was stationed in New Mexico some time ago and was a volunteer firefighter there and also on the base wildlands (bombing/gunnery) fire strike team.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Can't blame you one bit for that cancellation either. I wish you the best with the wild fire situation and hope no damage comes to your home.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods