Thread: Taxi?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

This is from the article:

Besides, with lane splitting legal in Los Angeles, a bike taxi might get you to that boardroom session when the black and yellow livery options are stuck in traffic. Check out more about Moto Limos Club here.

Lane splitting with the spyder? Am I missing something? I don't see how this type of service will be faster than a standard type taxi.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope there only going to lane split with the Gold wing.

Spyder Garage

Great find. The comments from that article are too funny. I remember a while back someone asking questions about how much would u pay to rent a spyder. I wonder if it was this co. doing research. interesting an RS is in photo rather than RT for two up riding

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This is from the article:

Besides, with lane splitting legal in Los Angeles, a bike taxi might get you to that boardroom session when the black and yellow livery options are stuck in traffic. Check out more about Moto Limos Club here.

Lane splitting with the spyder? Am I missing something? I don't see how this type of service will be faster than a standard type taxi.
    The Spyder is as wide up front as a small car. Even if you were allowed to lane-split, you'd rarely be able, so its not going to get you there faster than a car. The idea makes sense in Europe where they lane-split and jump to the head of the queue at red lights (which gets annoying because most of them are scooters which can sometimes have troble going the speed limit after the light changes). I don't know how aggressive they get with lane-splitting in LA, but in NYC, even with the Goldwing, it's not going to help a lot.

Spyder Garage

I don't see the concept working here with Goldwings and Spyders. To big for lane splitting as well as the fact that not everyone would be comfortable jumping on a motorcycle as a passenger. I will wait and see on this one.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If they don't want to take at taxi, I guess they can take a school bus.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.