Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I hope that this saying is not true with our group
    "no good deed goes unpunished"

When the RT5 program was started they had Fred Rau who was not a Spyder owner but is well known in the motorcycle industry. I would argue that he turned out to be the best ambassador that BRP has. He has reached more folks from the Goldwing rallies he attends than any other member of the team and he has more miles on his RT than any other member of the team. Even though he has very little contact with other SpyderLovers he is a true convert.

During the winter Mark and Craig from Spydertalk gave up their RT so Bruce in FL could show it around. He was not a motorcycle guy at all but he was a good people person and reached a group of folks that none of us would of. He didn't know much about the technical aspect of the Spyder but his passion for the product was obvious and he turned out to be a great choice too. By the way Craig was not a Spyder owner either.

None of the original RT5 folks spend much time on this board but I hope that the two new members will but I wouldn't want to if I read some of these post here, let's try has show the same respect and friendliness that SpyderLovers is known for. I for one am looking forward to meeting them and reading and seeing their pics and videos on their Spyder adventure.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I for one am looking forward to meeting them and reading and seeing their pics and videos on their Spyder adventure.
    They have their first chance in Los Angeles, CA: The Al Malaikah Shrine Temple, 649 W. Jefferson Blvd. May 17th 2011 0600 for the official start in G&G Rally.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    They have their first chance in Los Angeles, CA: The Al Malaikah Shrine Temple, 649 W. Jefferson Blvd. May 17th 2011 0600 for the official start in G&G Rally.
    I'm have a meeting with them on that Friday with Fred Rau.

Spyder Garage

SpyderLovers, we all started somewhere. I have invited these two new ambassadors to join us on SpyderLovers and I also have invited them to our 3 Great Lakes in 3 Great Days ride here in MI as well as Spyderfest. Please, give these folks a chance. When I first got my spyder, I did not own a motorcycle, I was not an experience cyclist. I had previously ridden a 125cc scooter and only had that for a short time. If they do not have their endorsements, those can be obtained, we all had to do it at one time or another. We can't be so hard on people without even giving them a chance.

I have only heard back from Mickey so far. He has mentioned that he has checked out this site and will be joining and introducing himself soon. Please make him feel welcome.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

So did BRP loose two of the original RT5 ambassadors or did they gain two more? If they lost two then why? Just curious.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    Not sure I totally agree with them not going with a current Spyder owner, but I am also not surprised. BRP may not call me a Spyder "ambassador", but that will not change me from being one, the same as I have always have been since day one over 3 1/2 years ago. I just hope the two new ambassadors love their Spyders as much as we all do.
    Maybe the reason for BRP not going with a current Spyder owner was because all of the Spyder owners have been too busy riding and enjoying their rides to submit a video.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Lamont said it better than I ever could. Let's not throw rocks! It is natural to be disappointed that our friends didn't get chosen, but let's be glad for those that did. We have a chance to introduce two more people to the joys of Spyders, and we now have two Ambassadors riding the RS model, as well. This can do nothing but open the door to more people, and to get more Spyders on the road. That was exactly the intent, as it was when Fred, Lamont, and the others were chosen, so let's rejoice and support these new friends.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

How old is the spyder?
    When were the orginial Ambassadors appointed?
    New Product, New Riders I understand.
    Old Product, New Riders, I don't.
    I think the selection was made by a 3rd party company and not BRP. therefore the 3rd party only based their selection on who has the best photo's.
    Those selected, the photo's, were excellant and very professionaly done. My congrats to the winners.
    I welcome, the new ambassadors, to the new experience of spyder riding.

The learning curve is in the wind "AGAIN"
    Last edited by effgjamis; 04-16-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    So did BRP loose two of the original RT5 ambassadors or did they gain two more? If they lost two then why? Just curious.
    They rotated two out and two in. At the start of this we were all given an end date, I'm glad they decide to let some of us run again this year, that wasn't expected.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Frankly, I thought Deb should have won. No offense but two professionals, one a marketer and the other a film maker wins?? Two spots, two professionals, one male and one female and they are who are picked? Just seems planned to me. Sorry, just seems like it was all for publicity and they were already hired before it ever began. I thought an ambassador had to know what they were representing? They were good with the marketing aspect, but that is what they are trained to do. I wanted to see someone real on the Spyder, not commercials. Deb, your video rocked! They are idiots for not picking you. I watched your video many times! I really liked how you had the straw on the back and taking your kiddo to school...it got a chuckle out of me! So for what it's worth if I had been judging I would have been pulling for you! The two picked were like commercials to me and frankly I get up to go to the bathroom when the commercials come on. I was hoping to see someone real post blogs and stuff not a professional, what a bummer!

Anyway, congrats to the winners!
    Last edited by Amanda B; 04-16-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Spyder Garage

After I found out what was required with the first 5 Ambassadors, there is no way I would have accepted, had I even been asked. The out of pocket expenses has probably reached or surpassed $10,000 to maintain the Spyder, motel rooms for events, not to mention the gasoline costs. It was not a "free" ride folks. So I am happy to just sit and watch and feed on the valuable information they 5 have provided. And a big THANKS to all 5 for embarking on the adventure.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

to Mikey and Faran. You will be great and we all look forward to meeting you. New Spyderlovers are always welcome. Dennis

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I totally agree with you about Seth, and most of what you are saying. I usually do, especially with the HD topics. But... I hope at least BRP was smart enough to make sure one of the rules was, the person must have a valid motorcycle drivers license (I did not see it). We did not see her operating a bike at all, and she did not mention she could. She said in one sentence she been on the back since growing up, and in another sentence "she was a new rider". The Spyder might be her husbands new toy !!! Lucky him though. Any thoughts ???
    We were all 'new' riders at one time. A good part of their marketing is geared towards people that have never ridden a motorcycle--- so I don't see a problem if she needs to acquire a license due to her winning this deal.

We all need to also understand that we have only seen their videos-- not their essays-- and BRP has a plan in mind and these two obviously fit their criteria of what they wanted.

Let's welcome them into our dysfunctional family....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    After I found out what was required with the first 5 Ambassadors, there is no way I would have accepted, had I even been asked. The out of pocket expenses has probably reached or surpassed $10,000 to maintain the Spyder, motel rooms for events, not to mention the gasoline costs. It was not a "free" ride folks. So I am happy to just sit and watch and feed on the valuable information they 5 have provided. And a big THANKS to all 5 for embarking on the adventure.
    Dudley, the winners each get $15,000 to cover all of those expenses over the 6 month period. Of course you will be 1099'd for it at the end of the year as well as the value of the new Spyder they are being given. But that does make it easier to be able to do all the ambassador expectations.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Dudley, the winners each get $15,000 to cover all of those expenses over the 6 month period. Of course you will be 1099'd for it at the end of the year as well as the value of the new Spyder they are being given. But that does make it easier to be able to do all the ambassador expectations.
    Account for depreciation, gift tax, sales tax and tag etc:, expense out of pocket on travel vs $15,000 plus spyder at cost, should be a zero tax effect.
    Just my opinion....

Spyder Garage

Hi all! I've been in the wholesale business for well over 40 years now. I was a Business Development Manager for at least half of that time. Here is something to ponder upon! Why on hearth would you give a sample to someone who is already a convert? Someone who is already using your product. What would that bring to your business? Giving to a newbie has a lot more impact for your buck. Don't forget,,, all this is advertising. I am absolutely convinced that some of our Spyderlovers members would have done a terrific job! But,,, they already do! Thus the reason to convert two new ones. We all have to agree, they sound like these two can do the job. We were all newbies at one time. Congratulations to the two new RT5 ambassadors!

Silverfox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    And all Spyder maintenance is FREE for the 6 months too......

And what's this about you with straw on the back and a kid? HUH? I don't recall seeing that in your video Deb....

------------------

No way were these two hand-picked before the contest.. I've read some of their posts afterwords and they were genuinely shocked to have won.

They also wanted people that have the time to really put some miles on---and both of these folks seem like they had that wrapped up. I bet they'll put more miles on in 6 months than some of us have in 1+ years.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox1 View Post
    Why on hearth would you give a sample to someone who is already a convert? Someone who is already using your product. What would that bring to your business? Giving to a newbie has a lot more impact for your buck. Silverfox
    In this case, insert in the rules: “applicable only to non-Spyder owners”. It's only fair play...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    .....And what's this about you with straw on the back and a kid? HUH? I don't recall seeing that in your video Deb....
    Wrong Deb.....SPYDEB.

Spyder Garage

Well Docdoru, I guess they can word their ad any way they want to. It's up to the reader to take it or leave it. After all "Harley Davidsons are made by Americans for Americans". You can still buy an HD no matter where you live on the globe. But I somewhat agree with you. Maybe their ad should have been more specific! You know,,, height, gender, weight, colour, sexual preferences, what you eat, what you wear, etc. etc. etc.

Silverfox
    Last edited by SilverFox1; 04-16-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    so I don't see a problem if she needs to acquire a license due to her winning this deal.

I understand what you are saying about new riders because we all were at one time, but her six month commitment might be up even before she figures out how to handle the Spyder on her own. What will that accomplish if thats the case ???
    Besides the passion for the Spyder which we all had on day one (and will never go away). Can anyone honestly say that, they could be qualified to be an ambassador on day one of owning a Spyder ??? Or even six months for that matter. I just think we as owners are getting short changed.
    Maybe I'm being over protective like a parent over a child. If I am, I'm sorry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I understand what you are saying about new riders because we all were at one time, but her six month commitment might be up even before she figures out how to handle the Spyder on her own. What will that accomplish if thats the case ???
    Besides the passion for the Spyder which we all had on day one (and will never go away). Can anyone honestly say that, they could be qualified to be an ambassador on day one of owning a Spyder ??? Or even six months for that matter. I just think we as owners are getting short changed.
    Maybe I'm being over protective like a parent over a child. If I am, I'm sorry.
    Yes, I honestly can say I was enthusiastic from the start. The first time I ever operated a clutch was on my demo ride for the spyder. It was that easy for me to learn. I have shown at least two others how to ride on my spyder. We received our Spyders in March of 2008 and we were on our first long trip for the BRP Homecoming in June 2008. That is only 3 months into our ownership. I would say our passion was ignited immediately and still exits. We were so excited while waiting for delivery of our spyders that we knew more about them at the time than the dealers. We were practically selling them for the dealer at the demo rides. Did I want to win and be a Spyder Ambassador, you bet I did. Am I still a Spyder Ambassador anyway? Absolutely!! I think you are not giving credit to the new ambassadors for their own passions for this machine. When I ordered mine, there weren't any on the road to even compare to or drool over. Now, we have people that have seen the machine and it is a proven commodity, I have no doubt that there are non owners and new owners that are every bit as excited and passionate about the Spyder as all of us on this board. But I will be honest, I do appreciate your protective parent stance...

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox1 View Post
    Hi all! I've been in the wholesale business for well over 40 years now. I was a Business Development Manager for at least half of that time. Here is something to ponder upon! Why on hearth would you give a sample to someone who is already a convert? Someone who is already using your product. What would that bring to your business? Giving to a newbie has a lot more impact for your buck. Don't forget,,, all this is advertising. I am absolutely convinced that some of our Spyderlovers members would have done a terrific job! But,,, they already do! Thus the reason to convert two new ones. We all have to agree, they sound like these two can do the job. We were all newbies at one time. Congratulations to the two new RT5 ambassadors!

Silverfox
    I suppose you would hire a spoke person or salesman to represent your company and product without TRAINING?
    I think 40 years would be enough of an experience for some, I guess my 60 plus years would not be enough.
    However, you do bring up some very good points.
    Hire, train your way, and let the ball bounce. Experience not needed.
    I still say:
    Congrats to the winners and wish them the best as I am sure they will feed upon the knowledge of experienced spyder ryders..

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

I just hope Mickey and Faran don't take the negative responses personally. I'm sure no one harbors any animosity toward either of them personally. These remarks are directed at BRP, further questioning again their infinite wisdom. I for one am perplexed. Had BRP been more forthright in their expectations and qualifications, these disgruntled posts might have been avoided!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder girl - you & Lamont are all the ambassadors we need.

[This is a democratic society, we can elect whomever we want, so there!]