Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ambassador Winners announced!!

Congratulations to the winners. I don't think either of them are SpyderLovers but I am not sure. If they are, I hope they pipe in here and let us know. Both had great videos and I am sure will do a great job.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Congrats to the new Spyder 5 members
    I was pulling for our own but it's good to have new blood too.

Spyder Garage

Got a link???

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

so who won Link?

Spyder Garage

Here are the video links:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanAmSpy...11/2Vi8QHtWkuA

http://www.youtube.com/user/CanAmSpy.../8/fyCoPDvXubM

Both are very good video's. I especially like the end of Faran's.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Ok-- thanks--- I remember watching Mickey's --

I guess I'm not too surprised they chose people that currently didn't have Spyders.

Now we need to make sure they become SpyderLOVERS!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ok-- thanks--- I remember watching Mickey's --

I guess I'm not too surprised they chose people that currently didn't have Spyders.

Now we need to make sure they become SpyderLOVERS!

I thought they would have chose people that have spyders. I thought deb would have had one for sure. I hope the winners are at spyderfest. Sorry Jim, I can't rock your sweatshirts on national tv while in a brp add.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

hummmmmm...... don't know a thing about spyders. I think that is a shame. there are a number of well deservivg spyder owner/riders which could better service the community.. Well at least at the end of 6 months they will have learned what most spyder owners know about the spyder.

Congrats anywho to those who got the appointment. Good luck and happy spyder riding.

Spyder Garage

Got to be a hard loss for many deserving candidates.. sorry for you, but remember you still have your Spyder Ryding and your Spyder Lover Friends that care about you and know you really are an ambassador no matter what they call you...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

to the winners. I would have preferred at least one experienced Spyder rider, too, and I thought our SpyderLover entrants had a real good shot...but if they were going to pick someone else, they couldn't have done much better. Very professional videos, and seasoned, enthusiastic riders. I'm glad one of the people chosen was a woman...it's high time we had a woman ambassador, with the high percentage of female Spyder riders. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be a judge...there was a lot of good material to choose from. Looking forward to meeting these folks...maybe in Maggie Valley.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

to Mikey Fischer and Faran
    JMHO: BRP's progressing from old style "insider decision", but still disappointing.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats to the winners.....I did want a Spyder rider to win....but nobody asked me...congrats

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    to the winners. I would have preferred at least one experienced Spyder rider, too, and I thought our SpyderLover entrants had a real good shot...but if they were going to pick someone else, they couldn't have done much better. Very professional videos, and seasoned, enthusiastic riders. I'm glad one of the people chosen was a woman...it's high time we had a woman ambassador, with the high percentage of female Spyder riders. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be a judge...there was a lot of good material to choose from. Looking forward to meeting these folks...maybe in Maggie Valley.

This is nearly exactly what I thought. Really wished a SpyderLover got picked. But we already have Lamont. So, two SpyderLovers was probably wishful thinking. These folks sure do have the technical ability to produce videos. That's was I think was most important. Writing ability and technical knowhow to get it out there.

So, congratulations to the winners!! Hope they learn to love the Spyder as much as we all do!! There isn't a better ride out there on the roads!!! It puts a smile on your face every time you swing a leg over it!!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Great videos. 's

Spyder Garage

Ladies first congrats. Faran and to you Mickey. I think they will do us well. At least the quality of the videos show that they are ready to join in with the thrill of the ride. We wish them well as ambassadors. Attention Lamont as a senior ambassador why don't you invite them to show up to spyderfest in Cuba. We think it would be a perfect time for them to meet a very large group of owners. And to see what its all about. Thanks CJ

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Sure would have been nice to see a SpyderLovers winner, but when I saw Mickey's video I knew he would be the kind of asset BRP would love. Congratulations to both winners!
    Last edited by cjackg; 04-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.

arntufun

Congrats to the winners but.......Do you think they will give them training on commom questions and what there replys should be ??? How are they going to ambassador a machine that they have no clue about. I agree it should have been a Spyder owner.
    The guy I can somewhat agree with, because of his free time and when he will be traveling the country for his job. So I'm somewhat ok with that.
    But that lady ??? Her video sounded so conceited having her friends say "She is so hot". No offense to her but, SpyderDeb is WAYYYY hotter than her. Not quite what I was thinking as a Spyder ambassador.
    Last edited by arntufun; 04-15-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Got to be a hard loss for many deserving candidates.. sorry for you, but remember you still have your Spyder Ryding and your Spyder Lover Friends that care about you and know you really are an ambassador no matter what they call you...
    with BikerDoc on this one. Those of us who tried still continue doing what we love, with our Spyder Lover Friends. I have scheduled ride for all day tomorrow over 600 miles of Texas Hill Country and can't wait to get back on here and share! Hopefully our current wild fires in the area will allow a safe ride.
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Congrats to the winners but.......Do you think they will give them training on commom questions and what there replys should be ??? How are they going to ambassador a machine that they have no clue about. I agree it should have been a Spyder owner.
    The guy I can somewhat agree with, because of his free time and when he will be traveling the country for his job. So I'm somewhat ok with that.
    But that lady ??? Her video sounded so conceited having her friends say "She is so hot". No offense to her but, SpyderDeb is WAYYYY hotter than her. Not quite what I was thinking as a Spyder ambassador.

But remember--- by picking two that have no hands-on Spyder experience -- they have a blank slate to work from--- (no offense to BRP) --- but they can 'program' the new ambassadors to respond how they would like them to-- whereas a current Spyder owner might know too much for their own good--- .

I think the choices were decent-- and maybe they really want to capture that 'new owner' enthusiasm... as their main goal is to spread the good word about the Spyder--- perhaps Spyder Evangelists would be a better title???

I also think they may shy away from an owner that has done a lot of mods.

I think they'll do fine.

I REALLY think BRP is missing the boat on promoting these to those with disabilities. Not only would it be good image and marketing.. and sales...but think of all those with various problems from simple balance/equilibrium issues to leg paralysis-- that can have the joy and freedom of riding again.

I thought Seth would be a shoe-in and one of the best marketing moves they could make. The one problem I saw was the need to add an aftermarket handbrake--- didn't think BRP would much like that for liability reasons-- not to mention a rider who does a lot of mods (like most of us) may make BRP feel like we are saying their stock product just isn't good enough...

To the winners and those SpyderLovers that entered--- you're already winners because you own a rocking cool bike!

Spyder Garage

My reason for wishing they would have went with a current Spyder owner and preferably a SpyderLover is that they would have a known commodity as their ambassador. Nothing against a new owner as we all were there once but how many have found that the Spyder was not for them and ended up not riding it?

Maybe they felt that many current owners (and everyone who is a member of this site) that applied were already ambassadors and figured they'd get two additional ambassadors instead of just moving two current ambassadors onto a new Spyder.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Not sure I totally agree with them not going with a current Spyder owner, but I am also not surprised. BRP may not call me a Spyder "ambassador", but that will not change me from being one, the same as I have always have been since day one over 3 1/2 years ago. I just hope the two new ambassadors love their Spyders as much as we all do.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    But remember--- by picking two that have no hands-on Spyder experience -- they have a blank slate to work from--- (no offense to BRP) --- but they can 'program' the new ambassadors to respond how they would like them to-- whereas a current Spyder owner might know too much for their own good--- .

I think the choices were decent-- and maybe they really want to capture that 'new owner' enthusiasm... as their main goal is to spread the good word about the Spyder--- perhaps Spyder Evangelists would be a better title???

I also think they may shy away from an owner that has done a lot of mods.

I think they'll do fine.

I REALLY think BRP is missing the boat on promoting these to those with disabilities. Not only would it be good image and marketing.. and sales...but think of all those with various problems from simple balance/equilibrium issues to leg paralysis-- that can have the joy and freedom of riding again.

I thought Seth would be a shoe-in and one of the best marketing moves they could make. The one problem I saw was the need to add an aftermarket handbrake--- didn't think BRP would much like that for liability reasons-- not to mention a rider who does a lot of mods (like most of us) may make BRP feel like we are saying their stock product just isn't good enough...

To the winners and those SpyderLovers that entered--- you're already winners because you own a rocking cool bike!

I totally agree with you about Seth, and most of what you are saying. I usually do, especially with the HD topics. But... I hope at least BRP was smart enough to make sure one of the rules was, the person must have a valid motorcycle drivers license (I did not see it). We did not see her operating a bike at all, and she did not mention she could. She said in one sentence she been on the back since growing up, and in another sentence "she was a new rider". The Spyder might be her husbands new toy !!! Lucky him though. Any thoughts ???
    Last edited by arntufun; 04-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Makes no sense at all. I can't wait till Ferrari does the same so I can enter. Never drove or even rode in one of those.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am totally floored with BRPs ambassador picks!!! But I can't say I'm surprised. There are so many Spyder Ryders out there that have the passion and experience needed to be a true representative for our beloved Spyder.

It will take them a year or two to figure out the things that some of the deserving candidates already know. I feel BRP robbed their supporting customers, the very people that are out there doing what the contest involved in the first place. Fueled by their love and compassion of their Spyders that they paid for out of their own pocket, and have actually put the mileage on their Spyders.

But no. BRP's thinking is we will give it to someone new that have some skills with a video camera and now they are a representative for a Canam Spyder. What are they going to do, make them watch a training video?

Wake up BRP

I can see the conversation now.

(Spyder enthusiast) Wow that thing is cool! Are they pretty reliable?

(The ambassador) Well I have 350 miles on it. So far so good.

(Spyder enthusiast ) What made you decide to buy one?

(Spyder ambassador ) Well I like free Sh*t, and I'm pretty good with a camera, so I entered a contest looking for people to represent BRP and I won.

(Spyder enthusiast ) That is awesome! So you got your spyder for free and now you are a Spyder representative? Wow you must know a lot about these Spyders to be A BRP representative.

(Spyder ambassador) Ya I read the manual. ((( )))

I'm trying to be funny here because that is what it is, FUNNY. I guess I don't get it. I have nothing against the people that won and I congratulate their creative videos. I know nothing about them personally so this is not a poke at them. I guess when I heard of this contest I thought BRP would pick someone that was an experienced Spyder Ryder.
    Last edited by EricDeub; 04-16-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricDeub View Post
    I am totally floored with BRPs ambassador picks!!! But I can't say I'm surprised. There are so many Spyder Ryders out there that have the passion and experience needed to be a true representative for our beloved Spyder.

It will take them a year or two to figure out the things that some of the deserving candidates already know. I feel BRP robbed their supporting customers, the very people that are out there doing what the contest involved in the first place. Fueled by their love and compassion of their Spyders that they paid for out of their own pocket, and have actually put the mileage on their Spyders.

But no. BRP's thinking is we will give it to someone new that have some skills with a video camera and now they are a representative for a Canam Spyder. What are they going to do, make them watch a training video?

Wake up BRP

I can see the conversation now.

(Spyder enthusiast) Wow that thing is cool! Are they pretty reliable?

(The ambassador) Well I have 350 miles on it. So far so good.

(Spyder enthusiast ) What made you decide to buy one?

(Spyder ambassador ) Well I like free ****, and I'm pretty good with a camera, so I entered a contest looking for people to represent BRP and I won.

(Spyder enthusiast ) That is awesome! So you got your spyder for free and now you are a Spyder representative? Wow you must know a lot about these Spyders to be A BRP representative.

(Spyder ambassador) Ya I read the manual. ((( )))

I'm trying to be funny here because that is what it is, FUNNY. I guess I don't get it. I have nothing against the people that won and I congratulate their creative videos. I know nothing about them personally so this is not a poke at them. I guess when I heard of this contest I thought BRP would pick someone that was an experienced Spyder Ryder.
    A man to that Bro! jc

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights