Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT-S SE5 Questions.....

Hey all,
    New to the Spyder and the forum. I have been looking for a 2011 RT-S SE5 for the wife in the Silver (Magnesium) color and we have found the dealer with the best deal around the state (AZ). I have a couple of questions. I have tried the search feature and nothing comes up, might be using the wrong wording.
    I know I will be doing the extended warranty when I purchase the bike, (2+3 years). My question is;

#1 Is the maintenance plan worth the money? I haven't been quoted anything and was curious as to what it covers and for how long. Does anyone know what the average cost of such plans run? I have looked on the BRP website and don't see anything. It seems that its dealer specific sales pitch thing, but not sure?

I was also looking for the scheduled maintenance for the 2011 RT-S SE and was wondering if there is a list somewhere on the web that I could look at and see if it is something I could do myself?

#2 I do all my maintenance on my M109, and once the warranty is over I know I will be doing all of the maintenance on the wifes Spyder. I was wondering where the best place to find a maintenance manual for the 2011 RT-S SE5 can be found. I have looked on ebay but have only found a CD version for $25. Is this what everyone is using or are there better alternatives out there.

Thanks for all the Help,
    Shane

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That's what I am using, but I am having trouble putting it on my I Pad.
    Good luck.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Eye View Post
    That's what I am using, but I am having trouble putting it on my I Pad.
    Good luck.

Pete
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25054

Spyder Garage

The maintenance plan is usually a dealer specific thing, unless you get the BEST PLUS warranty. That one covers some maintenance, but I do not know how much. The dealer maintenance plans may actually save you some money, but there is a high level of risk at times as well. Are you sure that dealer is going to be around for the entire time your service contract is good for? I personally know of people who bought a dealer service plan, and then the dealer went out of business. Some were lucky and another dealer covered them, but others were not. Just something to think about.

A lot of people buy the CD off EBay, as you can print off the pages you need and take them out to the Spyder with you. If you want the book, they usually run a little more than $100 or so and the dealer can order one for you. In the end it is a matter of preference and how much you want to spend on it.

There are plenty of How-To threads on here with step by step directions for many of the maintenance procedures. Plus we have a good number of knowledgeable people that will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have if you run into an issue.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

The standard B.E.S.T. is just an extended warranty...no maintenance included. The B.E.S.T. Plus covers the 600 mile service and one service call per year. Remaining maintenance is at the owners expense.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The standard B.E.S.T. is just an extended warranty...no maintenance included. The B.E.S.T. Plus covers the 600 mile service and one service call per year. Remaining maintenance is at the owners expense.
    So I understand this correctly. The standards B.E.S.T. is just the extended warranty and the the B.E.S.T. Plus is just the 600 mile and yearly maintenance?

I would think the B.E.S.T. Plus would be the extended warranty plus the scheduled maintenance. Am I reading this correctly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    So I understand this correctly. The standards B.E.S.T. is just the extended warranty and the the B.E.S.T. Plus is just the 600 mile and yearly maintenance?

I would think the B.E.S.T. Plus would be the extended warranty plus the scheduled maintenance. Am I reading this correctly?
    Sorry I wasn't clear. Your interpretation is correct. The B.E.S.T. Plus adds the four service calls to the extended warranty.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just got my RTS SE5 a week ago and included the maintance and extended warreny. My dealer had a better plan the BEST plan for the maintance part. Go with the syder extended plan to 5 years total coverage. Around 900 bucks. Then my dealer had a plan that covers all maintance by the manual fpr 3 years, that was 600. They did both for 1200 total dollars. 5 year warrenaty and 3 year 100% payed maintance. So splitting them even would be 600 each. Its costing me nothing but gas to ride this bike for 3 years. Maintance cost by the book is way over the 600 price payed for the maintance warrenty. I dont think you can beat that deal. Ask your dealer what the costs for maintance by the book would be and compare. Dont faint when he tells you!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=seadog;306869]Just got my RTS SE5 a week ago and included the maintance and extended warreny. My dealer had a better plan the BEST plan for the maintance part. Go with the syder extended plan to 5 years total coverage. Around 900 bucks. Then my dealer had a plan that covers all maintance by the manual fpr 3 years, that was 600. They did both for 1200 total dollars. 5 year warrenaty and 3 year 100% payed maintance. So splitting them even would be 600 each. Its costing me nothing but gas to ride this bike for 3 years. Maintance cost by the book is way over the 600 price payed for the maintance warrenty. I dont think you can beat that deal. Ask your dealer what the costs for maintance by the book would be and compare. Dont faint when he tells you![/QUOTE

That's a steal. IMHO

Chris

Spyder Garage

What if you're on a trip and not close to your dealer? Will this plan be covered by other Can-Am dealerships?
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Just got my RTS SE5 a week ago and included the maintance and extended warreny. My dealer had a better plan the BEST plan for the maintance part. Go with the syder extended plan to 5 years total coverage. Around 900 bucks. Then my dealer had a plan that covers all maintance by the manual fpr 3 years, that was 600. They did both for 1200 total dollars. 5 year warrenaty and 3 year 100% payed maintance. So splitting them even would be 600 each. Its costing me nothing but gas to ride this bike for 3 years. Maintance cost by the book is way over the 600 price payed for the maintance warrenty. I dont think you can beat that deal. Ask your dealer what the costs for maintance by the book would be and compare. Dont faint when he tells you!
    That is a smoking deal from what I have been looking around here at.