Thread: Coming soon...

Spyder Garage

Default Coming soon...

Hi Marylander's

Soon .... soon ...

Working on getting a , then hopefully I can ride with you guys. I live right down the street from Lou's and Joes. So heck, if your going to be up there after work 5 ish anytime. Would love to come over and see your . Trying to get one now in New York. Waiting to here back from the guy. Take my safety course first week of June. Think I may get learners just so I can practice some ( will probably have before license ). Any tips, suggestions welcome. Very new rider...

For example...a stupid question I have..

Do you where leathers everytime you ride for safety ?

Riker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Hi Marylander's

Soon .... soon ...

Working on getting a , then hopefully I can ride with you guys. I live right down the street from Lou's and Joes. So heck, if your going to be up there after work 5 ish anytime. Would love to come over and see your . Trying to get one now in New York. Waiting to here back from the guy. Take my safety course first week of June. Think I may get learners just so I can practice some ( will probably have before license ). Any tips, suggestions welcome. Very new rider...

For example...a stupid question I have..

Do you where leathers everytime you ride for safety ?

Riker
    First on your future . Second, I wear a riding jacket every-time I ryde, as I have experienced first-hand how proper ryding gear will save me. You might not lay down a Spyder like a two-wheeler, but you can still be hit by a cage.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Leather or textile are both good versions of riding gear. Its pretty much your choice. Both usually come with padded elbows, back pieces, and knee pads. You can also wear leather chaps over jeans. As mentioned above--your not likely to tip over your Spyder--but you could be hit by a cager and ejected from the bike. You never know when or where an accident will happen. I believe that based on statistics, most accidents happen within 20 miles of home. Someone will correct me if I am wrong on that number. I always ride with helmet, gloves, jacket, riding pants, or chaps, and boots. Depending on my mood--I have both leather and textile riding gear. It is a matter of choice--but I recommend good riding safety gear.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input...will invest in some good protection then

Spyder Garage

Welcome

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking

&

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

safety gear is always a great idea, even in Florida summer heat I still wear my full complement..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Since I am a new rider plan on wearing full safety gear all the time. For the hot weather I bought a mesh riding jacket still has all the protective padding but where no padding liner zips out to reveal mesh for more air flow and pants where Riding jeans with Kevlar padding in critical areas and riding boots .