Spyder Garage

Default Spyder's Biggest Fan Base...

I have to tell this little story because every time this happens it just cracks me up!!

So I was rolling home yesterday and everything was just fine, traffic was light and I was just enjoyng life a little bit, which isn't hard to do when you are riding. So I come up to this mini-van. As I gave it a quick scan I noticed 4 little heads inside the cab. Well, in a matter of seconds those 4 little heads turned into 4 boyish faces pressing up against the rear window glass. I don't know what it is about the Spyder, but kids just LOVE these things!

I was already giggling but I didn't want to give that away to the youngins (thank goodness for my smoke visor!), so I got a little closer to the van and made a slow deliberate sweep around the port side. Their eyes were just glued. And when I got the side window, I slowly turned my head to look right at 'em - and gave 'em a big wave. When I did that, they just went ape!! It was classic! As I rode by the driver, who was Mom, she just looked at me and grinned. And I rode off into the sunset!

Does this happen to you guys? This is a pretty regular thing for me now. It never gets old either! There is just something about the Spyder that captures their imagination. Throw in a little interaction and it's on! Anyway, I had to share that 'cause I'm still laughing about it. And life goes on.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default Nice story.

Nice story. I know the kids love these things and they like it when they become part of the fun we are all having. It's something for them to remember and say, " When I grow up, I am gonna get me one of those Spyders!"

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Kids think tey are transformers!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default "kid magnet"

Yes - kids absolutely LOVE the Spyder. I am a "kid magnet"! It is so much uplifting watching their little faces. I've seen kids walking down the street pull their parents arms to make them look. I have invited kids to come over when I'm in a parking lot and I see them trying to get their parents to come over, the parents of course are trying NOT to look, but then they get interested and use the kids as a reason to look too. When I wave, it's almost like I somehow made their day, but they have made MY day!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Yes, the same thing happens to us, with kids of all ages.

Just a few minutes ago, I was loading groceries into the frunk of the RT, and I looked up to see a 70's+ grandma standing there grinning at me. "That's gotta be so much fun!" she says with a smile from ear to ear. Then she proceeds to tell me how she has a 4 wheeler she rides around her property.

I think the Spyder brings out the kid in all of us.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You are right. It is fun to show the Spyder off to all ages. But is is just plain cool for the kids.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When getting gas I've had parents ask if there kids could the photo taken with the Spyder. No need to say cheeze they had a grin from ear to ear.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Before I bought the Spyder my grandaughter would ride with me or her father, now that I have a Spyder she only rides with me on her Spyder. Not just a kid magnet but a people magnet.

Spyder Garage

Dennis, it happens to me all the time. Sometimes it's a car full of girls which makes me grin even more. I always wave.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Similar happenings when I am out and about.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I love seeing the grin on their faces when I wave at them. It's like their favorite movie star or super hero just said hi to them. Always puts a smile on my face! And my 5 year old daughter keeps asking me when she will be big enough to ride with me
    "You will never see a bike in front of a therapist's office, because riding is the best therapy there is, skip the shrink, buy a bike!"

Spyder Garage

I love telling the little ones I borrowed it from Spyderman or it's a transformer that protects me.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Happens to me all the time. School buses are the best! I was waiting for the bus with my son and daughter (ages 7 & 5) at the end of my on my Spyder last fall (I was going to head to work on it after they got picked up). You should have seen all the awe-struck faces that appeared in the windows when the bus pulled up!

Spyder Garage

Default BATMAN!

The Sypder is definitely a kid magnet, top that off with my riding leathers, and I can't even park the thing without at least one kids eye's glued to the bike and me!

It so much fun, (heck, that was one of the reasons i got the riding leathers LOL), and I can just imagine, the way these kids explain it to their friends / family, it would be a hoot!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have spent the past 6 mos. in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I ride every day and never fail to get waves, thumbs up, smiles and whistles anywhere I go. Often a taxi driver will speak to me in English. Must just smile and ask "how much?". Everyone in my Colonia (neighborhood) know me and wave, especially kids.

Hasta pronto a SpyderFest,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

To really put the icing on the cake is when I pick-up the kids from school and drive off in front of their friends and classmates.

Spyder Garage

I am always more than happy to put on a little show for the kids. They also love it when you allow them to sit on it while parked as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods