Spyder Garage

Default Daytona 2011- March 5th

Saturday was a great day. The place was pretty much packed the whole day and I got a chance to talk with a lot of folks about the Spyder. The BMS Spyder display was there and they really have done a great job customizing those Spyders. If it were me I wouldn't have left them unattended but that's just me.

Like I said it was pretty much non stop talking with folks but one couple I will never forget came up and asked if they could touch the RT. The guy was blind and he was feeling every contour of the Spyder and the gal that was with him was telling him what he was feeling and asking me questions. I got to tell you I was pretty moved by that and it made me feel so thankful for what I have in life. I can't imagine life without eye sight. I wouldn't be able to ride the Spyder or any of my bikes, I wouldn't be able to read these boards and see the great pics you guys post here and I wouldn't be able to take in the spectacular sites that I've seen through the years riding the Spyder all over the country. You know the Spyder has given folks with disabilities the chance to ride again but this guy had no chance of ever experiencing what I have in life. For that I was humbled and thankful and a little sad for this guy.

This is Todd from BRP going over everything with the new riders. This guy has been doing this ever since the Spyder first came out and I'm sure he's said the same thing a 1000 times but he still somehow keeps the conversation informative and exciting.

I forgot this guys name but he's a member here at SpyderLovers and he goes everywhere with this little dog in the trunk. He made the lid out of a windshield and I guess the dog loves it. I know he was a big hit with the folks there.

The FL Hooligans showed up around noon and added a little spice to the event.

What's up Doc?

That's Captain Jim and some peeps in the background checking out the RT

I met this gal who just got her RT two weeks ago and had already put on 1300 miles and she had never ridden a bike or Spyder before. This is the second gal I've met who went right to the RT as their first ride.

The rest of the day went great and once again I got to see some old friends and make some new ones. I had a lot of folks that had questions about the Spyder and had never heard of SpyderLovers.com and I was able to point them here so you may get some new blood with old questions to be answered but I know you'll all will welcome them with open arms.

The night ended with Doc and I running down to Port Orange Steak House for dinner. I met with a couple of my V8 bike buddies and they all seemed to enjoy each others company. My buddy Don was on his Harley and he just sold his stroker Boss Hoss to some guy in Germany and Ricky was on his V8 Chopper so Doc got along just fine with my crazy friends seeing Doc is just as nuts as those guys.

I'll report back on Sunday but it looks like we may get washed out today.

Lamonster
    SpyderLovers.com

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

Great post and reflection you gave regarding being thankful and not taking things for granted (like being able to see). Sure appreciate you sharing your experiences and the videos you post!

Just got more snow here in SE Michigan... So please push some warm air North from Florida!! Spring has GOT to be getting here soon... can't take this Spyder withdrawal much longer.

Bill
    Last edited by GadgetGuy442; 03-06-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Great post Lamont... we all should be more grateful for what we have in life... all those little things we take for granted. Weather is bad today but we should be coming down on Monday... hope to finally meet you
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update.. I kind of dig that Green one with out the front fenders, nice look to me anyway.. As for the guy with the dog, that is really cool... I do something along the same lines but I put the stock windshield with-out covering the whole trunk,, giving me a kind of a good idea here, I like the whole idea of the windshield covering the whole opening.. Got me thinking yet again..

x-Joe

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the great pictures and videos!

I couldn't help but notice in the one of the pictures of your RT where you've added chromed handlebar grips. I don't see anything listed in BRP's accessory site and was wonder where you may have picked them up? Also, any effect on heated grip?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I see someone that has a bag of hammers to deal with, I appreciate my health even more. Thanks for the post

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Great pics and videos Lamont Keep them coming and o yeah wish I was there.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Smile

I think people touch your bike because they think its a part of the display area.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Great report as always, Lamont!! Your videos and pictures make the story come alive for those of us who can not be there. Thank you so much!!!

I don't put the miles on my Spyder that a lot of you do. But, when Lamont talks about the man who is blind, I think of the blessing it is to do the rydes I do with my husband on the back. None of this would be possible were it not for the Spyder. It's a marvelous technology that puts many people out in the breeze who would never experience it otherwise.

Thanks again, Lamont, for the ryde report!!! I enjoy reading about all your adventures!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Again great videos, was surprised that in the Demo ride they had 2 up riding on the RT, I thought that wasn't allowed by BRP. Good way for a couple to find out if they like it though

Since it is gonna be slow can you do a video of where you pan around your bike slowly and steadily, I wanna soak in your chrome you have added.

The representative for the Demo team "Todd" is the one that sold me on my ride. I found it interesting that he doesn't actually work for BRP, but for a company that contracts doing this
    sort of thing. He said he gets to also go to different parts of the world for ski & snow demos.

Wow, that dog looks like a pretty lucky dog !

Spyder Garage

Thanks for keeping us up to date, write-up and videos are great
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

I like the spoked wheels on the white one. Very sharp.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    Thanks for the great pictures and videos!

I couldn't help but notice in the one of the pictures of your RT where you've added chromed handlebar grips. I don't see anything listed in BRP's accessory site and was wonder where you may have picked them up? Also, any effect on heated grip?
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25394

Spyder Garage

Great pics and videos Lamont. Thanks for sharing.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods