Spyder Garage

Default B.e.s.t. Extended Service plan RTS

Can anyone tell me the cost of the extended coverage on a new RTS. I know they have different plans. I think the 3 year plan would be great. I have put a down payment on a RTS 2011.

Spyder Garage

I paid $949 in September for a 2010 RTAC for three years..
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Was this the Standard plan or the Plus?

Spyder Garage

I was quoted a 20% discount ($880) from the dealer I'm getting my Spyder. This is for the 3 year extended B.E.S.T. warranty not the Plus. I don't see a huge advantage for the Plus if you can perform your own oil changes and maintenance.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

That was the standard plan.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does the standard B.E.S.T. warranty on the RT not cover oil changes?

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

just got 2011 rts the first of feb. paid 900.00 for 3 year best plan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Does the standard B.E.S.T. warranty on the RT not cover oil changes?

John
    Seal FloorBoards

The B.E.S.T. Plus covers the 600 mile service and then an annual service for each year of the Plus warranty. The standard B.E.S.T. only covers repair work but includes emergency roadside assistance and nationwide service. Here is a link to the protection plan. (Florida is slightly different)

http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/Files/en...Protection.pdf
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I paid $795 for the standard plan.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Paid $751 for the 3-yr BEST plan on my RTS back in May, 2010.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oil changes would/could be a problem for me. Bad knee, etc. I plan on getting the BEST warranty...dealer did not bring it up when we made the deal....I know it is coming and wish to be prepared for it. Actually, I visited the dealer, rode demos and thought about a Spyder for a day or two. I called her (husband wife owners...she sells, he oversees maintenance and parts) and what I wanted and price it out and call me...(I don't want her to know this, but she was $900 less than four other south Texas dealers....one was FULL retail!) She said she offers discounts if you order other stuff they can install while unpacking the bike...so I ordred the GPS and CB too. When I talked to other dealers, I used the same shopping list...apples to apples if you will.

I read the posts on the warranties, but how many oil changes does the BEST Plus give... It was mentioned that at the 600 miles check and "an annual check" of some sort. I downloaded the operators manual and it says change oil every 3,000 miles...I won't argue this, but doubt I will change that often.

I change my Wing with Mobil 1 synthetic 15w-50 every 8-10,000 miles. My buddy changes his every 15,000 miles and has 240,000 on his Wing and no oil related problems....few problems of any kind actually.

I think the BEST is a good deal for $900 +/-. What does the Plus cost (or what is the dealer selling them for)....negotiable, I know. If it just adds an oil change and an annual service...hmmmm

Just another question from an old guy....thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

$800 for the full 3yr BEST - I was the 2nd owner, and the bike had 1800 on the clock….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

The BEST Plus is not an "oil change and an annual service", it is one service per year. If you use that on a simple oil change, it would not be available for additional non-warranty needs, nor would it be available under any circumstances for additional oil changes during each one year period. You're gonna kind of have to play this one by ear. If you expect the interval when you need a valve check to come due, you might want to save the BEST Plus for that interval.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You should purchase B.E.S.T. during the first 90 days of ownership. Don't know the cost of Plus, but I paid $575 for 36 mo. B.E.S.T.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The BEST Plus is not an "oil change and an annual service", it is one service per year. If you use that on a simple oil change, it would not be available for additional non-warranty needs, nor would it be available under any circumstances for additional oil changes during each one year period. You're gonna kind of have to play this one by ear. If you expect the interval when you need a valve check to come due, you might want to save the BEST Plus for that interval.
    Okay, I understand. I will have to keep a calender.....ha ha Thanks

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BTW, I should have said "...for my RS." I don't know if there is a cost differential for the RT.

Quote Originally Posted by dlycan2 View Post
    You should purchase B.E.S.T. during the first 90 days of ownership. Don't know the cost of Plus, but I paid $575 for 36 mo. B.E.S.T.