Spyder Garage

Default 200 Miles to DMV

I bought my new RT 3 weeks ago and it was time to get it registered. If your DMV is like ours in Las Vegas, and it probably is, its an all day trip to heck. However, we do have some DMV offices in tiny towns out in the middle of nowhere. The offices are staffed by 1 person, and they're actually happy to see you when you arrive. I took the RT to beautiful Pioche, NV and it was well worth the 200 miles each way. Business took 10 minutes. Of course it did cost $520.40 for one year of registration. I think the state is trying to cure our debt one Spyder at a time.
    How much is the registration in your state ? I snapped a couple photos on the way. Wish I had taken more.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Registration in Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    Business took 10 minutes. Of course it did cost $520.40 for one year of registration. I think the state is trying to cure our debt one Spyder at a time.
    How much is the registration in your state ? I snapped a couple photos on the way. Wish I had taken more.
    Jeez $520.40 seems awful high. My state, Ohio, only charges, like, $30 for registration. Are you sure they didn't charge you sales tax or something like that?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    I bought my new RT 3 weeks ago and it was time to get it registered. If your DMV is like ours in Las Vegas, and it probably is, its an all day trip to heck. However, we do have some DMV offices in tiny towns out in the middle of nowhere. The offices are staffed by 1 person, and they're actually happy to see you when you arrive. I took the RT to beautiful Pioche, NV and it was well worth the 200 miles each way. Business took 10 minutes. Of course it did cost $520.40 for one year of registration. I think the state is trying to cure our debt one Spyder at a time.
    the initial registration cost alot... but the annual fee was well under 100...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Michgan is $28 annually for a motorcycle. The $15 vehicle title transfer fee and 6% sales tax ($1,500 on a new RTS) add to the first registration total.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 02-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Great pics
    I think here in TN it's $55.00

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought a used RT-AC for my wife out of a dealership in Phoenix and drove it back home to Oregon. When we got the Arizona title, we took it in to the DMV here in Portland. To get the AZ title switched over to an OR title with two years on the tags cost her $182.00. Sorry your state decided to use you to solve the budget deficit. p.s those pictures sure are pretty....can't wait for summer - - AND Spyders in the Redwoods!!!

Spyder Garage

manitoba for registation and insurance for my spyder is 1600.00 a year

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately my $520.40 has nothing to do with sales tax. I paid that at the purchase. We have no state income tax here so they gouge you with other fees. I knew it was high, but didn't realize it was this bad until I saw what others are paying.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Arkansas annual renewal is only $7 BUT the personalized plate renewal is $25!
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Chris, I feel your pain. Just renewed mine and it wasn't much less the second year. I was surprised when I saw that you got the RT. I'm sure you will like the comfort factor much more than the RS. Hope to get together with you again sometime for a ride.

Fred

Spyder Garage

I just renewed mine in California, and also ordered new personalized plate "TIKETB8" $ 390.00

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just got a notice to renew my registration as of the end of March, 2011. Cost is $41.30. Registration, license plates, are not the same price everywhere in Texas because counties are allowed the option of adding certain costs and not all counties do so. When I originally licensed and transferred the title into my name, the cost was $71.00 including transfer fees. Original sales tax was in the neighborhood of $1400.00. All these fees have gone up a lot recently as the legislature has tried to cover the state's expenses with "No new taxes or tax increases". While taxes were not increased, fees certainly were.

For the record, Texas has no income tax, either.

Cotton