Thread: Concept drawing

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Concept drawing

Here is a concept drawing of something I think I might want to try. If any vendors are interested let me know. yes I know you would lose the trunk but dang it would be cool .

Spyder Garage

Looks like the front of a John Deere tractor.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

a little i guess. the goal was to give a more aggressive look to the front. the GG trike was the inspiration

http://http://www.lowes.com/pl_Riding+Mowers+_4294821016_4294937087_?Ns=p_prod uct_price|1&page=3

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sort of reminds me of 1940s race car design.http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&bi...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks as if it might have an "aero" advantage over the current styling... better mileage and more top end!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I also finde the front of the GS/RS not rally sporty..
    made 2 years ago this drawing (handmade..)
    but stopped the project when I saw the first RT here
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chascarpenter1 View Post
    Here is a concept drawing of something I think I might want to try. If any vendors are interested let me know. yes I know you would lose the trunk but dang it would be cool .
    Just need a little green paint and a mower deck. Looks like my lawn mower.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I also finde the front of the GS/RS not rally sporty..
    made 2 years ago this drawing (handmade..)
    but stopped the project when I saw the first RT here

looks good I just wish there was an option to get away from the snow mobile look. Everything aft of the frunk is perfect but the frunk and instrument cluster leaves just a little to be desired.

Spyder Garage

Good Drawing Skills but I think it would be Fugly on a Spyder..
    it would make it look like a Raptor ATV.. you would loose the sleek look for a blocky one..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, not too bad, Chas! I think deep down most of us would not mind losing that snowmobile front. For me, I would want something a bit more slippery that would manage airflow around the tires better and put some adjustable downforce on the nose. I think as time goes on we will see more and more options this way. Cost, of course, will be a driving factor, but we will see them I'm sure.

I wonder if/when BRP will ever do a re-design or provide factory options. The market is definitely there. You just can't keep churning out the same old look year after year...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess VW knew a winner when they saw it 'cause they sure made a lot of Beetles. So far, the design ain't broke so why fix it. Refinement and improvement, not change works for me here for now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

To me the front (head on) look has always been a bit odd (still- overall looks great) When i first got my RSS a friend said the front kind of looked like a alien face or head. (not in a good way ). The pantom in my mind is better with this because it blends the lines and lights together and in doing so makes that effect less noticeable. I think better custom after market options would be great. The ones I have seen so far look worse.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't agree more. Honestly I dislike vehicles with faces. and the instrument cluster just does not flow with the awesome curve of the y panel. The great part about bolt on panels should be that the entire look of the bike is easily modified. However I have seen little interest in this. Most ideas seem to just want to add to the already esthetically bulky front end. I would like to see the front ends. mass reduced and get the total length reduced to under 8'.
    Last edited by chascarpenter1; 02-18-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think a take on this would look great with some sort of grill work below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I think a take on this would look great with some sort of grill work below.
    No offense intended.....but ugh! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    No offense intended.....but ugh! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
    I didn't want to be negative again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's the beauty of having options. No one look is going to please everyone, so why not have some choices? Give it time - I think more innovative products will come to light in the near future. In the mean time, I'm quite OK with how 14 looks.

I have to admit though, every time I see that Busa Y-Trike my imagination starts running wild! I would love to give that thing a go...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks great , Thefront nose look like the Polaris Rush snowmobile with front facing radiator.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    That's the beauty of having options. No one look is going to please everyone, so why not have some choices? Give it time - I think more innovative products will come to light in the near future. In the mean time, I'm quite OK with how 14 looks.

I have to admit though, every time I see that Busa Y-Trike my imagination starts running wild! I would love to give that thing a go...
    I think it's around $30,000. TT Bussa by Spinworkz(?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks a little like the Hot Wheels Tri and Stop Me. It is a different take, but could definitely give a wider range of folks what they want from the reverse trike concept. I wouldn't mind seeing more styles out there, although I'm personally very happy with the BRP designs, especially when I'm headed to work and toss my laptop in the frunk.

Last edited by Brevet05; 02-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone left one of these on my desk at work. It was a beat up one but still I thought it was pretty funny! I'm still trying to figure out who it was...