Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to Buy

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I am at the dealership & pulling trigger. He dropped a little but not much. Basically, I am getting a new 2010 RS SE5 at 13950 + Fees and TTL
    Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'd say you did just fine. You'll always find someone that got a better deal. But you have to remember, anyone can say anything if they don't have to back it up with documentation.

Ride away and enjoy!

And, of course,
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

good deal is it warm enough to ride in austen,?let mus know how much of a ride you get in and shoot us a picture you luckey guy.there s too much snow here so im stuck in side keeping warm and dreaming of heat from any where .have fun

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am at the dealership & pulling trigger.
    Sounds like you did good!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought in TX. My o% through BRP is also Sheffield. Have to pay off by June because otherwise it goes to 13.95%!

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Where did you buy yours? I got 3.9% thru BRP (Sheffield Financial)...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Dude!!! Ride in good health! And most importantly......HAVE FUN!

Spyder Garage

Make sure when talking about price to use the term "out the door". That means everything included TTL, Freight & Setup, and Purchase Price. So if you say I will pay $14k out the door, that means with everything included. If you have the fund available or can seek your own financing through a credit union (depending on credit) then buy used from a private party, you will get a hell of a deal. Like me, I had a 2006 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 midnight that I had purchased for $4700, I turned around and sold it for $6100. I responded to someone on craigslist that was originally selling his 08 SM5 Spyder for 12k. He lowered his price himself to $10,500. After patients and my negotiating skills I got him down to $8,700. Went and picked it up that day. So, I got a 2008 Can Am Spyder SM5 with only 2,000 miles and a Yoshimura exhaust (stock exhaust included), a trunk liner, and he threw in the Spyder repair manual all for $7,300 cash (after the profit I made on the roadstar).
    Last edited by Bullet24; 02-05-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    "You will never see a bike in front of a therapist's office, because riding is the best therapy there is, skip the shrink, buy a bike!"

Spyder Garage

Well, I did it. I am home with the Spyder in my garage. I will get ou pics as soon as I can. Thanks for all of the advice. It was a HUGE help. I had some complications that made my reaching a deal more difficult but I was able to work around them with your help. For the next few days, I will be reading the manual & watching the DVD. I am satisfied.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSpyder View Post
    Just shook hands on mine today. Too cold to take. With 5 yr extended (really only 3 as it comes with 2 already) warranty, and my Honda Rebel as trade-in, 15,000. Of course I'm on LI, NY so always more expensive. Can't wait. All white. Learning from you all, already! Thanks
    You'll enjoy it

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Man I would grab that deal. New 2010 RS SE . If you are not happy with the bottom line get him to throw in the first service and be happy you got a GREAT deal.
    Dealers that I have talked to charge about the same for freight and setup You are getting a great deal. Accept the deal and enjoy your new

Spyder Garage

I think it was a good deal. I was trying for all it worth to improve deal. However, I think it helped that I came in there during winter and went for a new 2010 they had laying around. They had a lot of inventory and 2011s they needed to get out.

I sensed a little desperation on the part of dealer but it was interesting that he said a lot of people just come in and pay MSRP and that's it. I told him it would be crazy to do that. It goes to show that if you are willing to do your homework, you can score a good deal. Hit the dealer in January or February, know the prices and if any manufacturer incentives are being offered to dealers and be willing to travel for a good deal.

Spyder Garage

I am at the dealership & pulling trigger. He dropped a little but not much. Basically, I am getting a new 2010 RS SE5 at 13950 + Fees and TTL

think you got a great deal .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Chris PE# 0004