Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

wow. very cool
    I might just have to check that out on our way down to the BRP Event this year

arntufun

It is a very very nice looking bike on paper. You got skills. IMO my favorite spyder is still the guy on Spyderlovers and YouTube with that candy apple red "chrome" spyder. Man that shines and it's functionable !!! But nevertheless great job.
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well he's got new pics of the bike online but no info on the parts as far as I can see.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Once they get this project complete and get items online I am going to snag a few...

My wife suggested we buy a used RT and do some old school customizing to it. And since we have such a good dealership in our area (Clem's) we know we can get anything we need without any issue...

Her current thoughts/ideas...

• This kind of windshield blacked out
    • Handlebars
    • Over-sized tires
    • Remove all the labels/tags/logos and fill in all the holes/gaps
    • Airbag system
    • Rims like these
    • Drop a new head on it...
    • Dual exhaust (One on each side of the bike)
    • (Not old school) Paint in a midnight candy apple read with black ghost flames in 3d...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Ok, I guess I have to be the voice of reason here. For a show bike it is indeed killer but even so there is a problem. I think it would look even better and meaner if instead of motorcycle profile tires he used square or car tires. There is an awful lot of waisted rubber there! Just imagine what that rear would look like with all of that tread squarely on the ground. Now do the same thing on the front and WOW. This is all IMHO.
    Thats what I was thinking, a set low profile high performance street tires, it still a great looking machine.

Rafe
    Last edited by Questions; 03-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Did anyone see this Spyder in Daytona? I left early Friday morning and did not get to see it there.

Spyder Garage

It was at the Rat's Hole Show on Sat.

Spyder Garage

Do you happen to know where it may have placed in the show?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I have no idea

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Has anyone heard of anyone customizing a Spyder for off-roading? Maybe not serious off-roading, but lifted and bigger/different tires, possibly conversion from belt to chain.

Having come from riding a dual-sport motorcycle for a number of years, I'd be insterested in customizing my Spyder for mild dual-sporting type use......we've got a lot of forest roads/fire roads around here......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    Has anyone heard of anyone customizing a Spyder for off-roading? Maybe not serious off-roading, but lifted and bigger/different tires, possibly conversion from belt to chain.

Having come from riding a dual-sport motorcycle for a number of years, I'd be insterested in customizing my Spyder for mild dual-sporting type use......we've got a lot of forest roads/fire roads around here......
    I don't think Miss Nanny is gonna like it!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I don't think Miss Nanny is gonna like it!
    Is that why there's the huge "not for off-road use" disclaimer? Because of the Nanny? LOL!

Spyder Garage

I heard Can Am makes ATVs

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oompa611 View Post
    I heard Can Am makes ATVs
    YEP, Sure do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    Is that why there's the huge "not for off-road use" disclaimer? Because of the Nanny? LOL!
    Most likely, cause once the rear tire starts losing traction the engine will j-brake, not to mention if you start raising the front wheels off the ground too much. The Nanny gets annoying while trying to run The Dragon hard, so I could not imagine how annoying it would be off road.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

So want to pull the trigger on this project

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by camtechj View Post
    Yes the air is all the way down in the pics it sits on the ground. Aired up at ride height it has three inches of clearance. It rides smoother then stock as it is on valves airbags. No slam intended but the stock shocks are nothing more then atv shock so it's not hard to improve the ride. It does not corner as well but we knew that when we built it. The tire contact patch is also not an issue. The stock tires are car tires much firmer then a high speed motorcycle tire. They got hot and do great. The two front tires are 200 mm that's more contact patch then the front tire on any street bike after all they are rears by application. The 360 by nature does not corner it's to flat but again in a straight line upright there is the same or more contact patch as any hayabusa or zx14 etc. I hope this helps. It is a show bike but is rideable, and ridden regulary. If your in Summerville sc come by our shop and take it for a ride. Thanx again for the inquiries. We are going to advertise on this forum next week so please consider us for any custom paint and fabrication you may need. Thanx

Never happened so to be fair to the other vendors who pay to promote their product here this thread is closed for now.