Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Do these beauties get warm enough when you poke some electricity at the heated grips underneath??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I for sure lost some heat after the mod...........they do still get warm enough for me......bear in mind though.....I live on the gulf coast, not New York.
    Other than that, great mod, they are very fat, I have big hands they feel great to me. I also put the throttle boss on the right side.....i like it too......

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Do these beauties get warm enough when you poke some electricity at the heated grips underneath??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I found that the heat transfer using the high setting with these shells over the stock grips is approximately equivalent to the heat you will feel using the low settings on your stock grip. If you need more than this level of heat then these clamshell grips are not for you.

It should also be mentioned that it takes a tad longer for the heat transfer to be felt through these grip covers.

Personally I have found the heat adequate for my needs, but only because I found the high setting on my stock grips was a touch too hot for my liking.

Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Default making it a little easier....

My husband put mine on yesterday and he used a hose clamp to help with the installation said it helped immensely!!! They work and feel and look great on there!

Spyder Garage

I have one very dumb question, the grinding that Lamont speaks of, is that on the ISO Grip or actually on the paddle shifter?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    I have one very dumb question, the grinding that Lamont speaks of, is that on the ISO Grip or actually on the paddle shifter?
    It is on the paddle shifter. When you mount the clam shell you will see where it hits. Take a rotary tool and shave it until the shifter no longer hits the grip flange. Take it slowly and do it in stages. I did it two years back and everything is good.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just an FYI the iso grips for non heated replacements come in gloss black (non clam shell) and are made to install after the spyder grips are removed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Black Kuryakyn grips

This is Darren from Kuryakyn and we do have the Black ISO grips for the heated grips part# is 6383, if anyone has any questions or problems feel free to contact me.

thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question

I have bought a pair of 7/8 Kuryakyn Grips for my 2012 RT will I not be able to take the old grips off and install the ISO grips as I did on my Goldwing would appreciate any advice you can offer
    Thank You

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kury 6183 grips

I just finished looking at the procedure for installing the kury 6183 grips and realized that it was a while ago this was done.
    will the same 6183 work as well on my 2013 ST S ?
    gene t

Spyder Garage

OK LEFT SIDE ON NO PROBLEM WHEN I TOOK THE RT END CAP OUT MY SPRING POPPED OUT... WHAT IS THE TRICK TO GETTING IT BACK IN CAN SEE THE SLOTED AREA WHERE IT SHOULD GO AND THE PIN IT SHOULD FIT INTO.... IF I JUST LINE THOSE UP THE TIGHTER I MAKE THE SCREW THE THROTTLE DOES NOT RETURN FULLY.. IF I BACK IT OUT IT RETURNS NORMALLY.. KNOW I AM DOING SOMETHING STUPID... AND CANT FIND THE PROPER ALIGNMENT IN MY SERVICE MANUAL

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

THANKS
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Join DateAug 2011LocationMobile AlabamaPosts94Post Thanks / Like

I for sure lost some heat after the mod...........they do still get warm enough for me......bear in mind though.....I live on the gulf coast, not New York.
    Other than that, great mod, they are very fat, I have big hands they feel great to me. I also put the throttle boss on the right side.....i like it too......

I lost some of the heat too, but now that i moved to Florida, i guess I have to think about a/c grips!