Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER RT TRAILERING

HERE IS A SHORT VIDEO AND SOME PICTURES OF HOW I TRAILER MY RT.
    THE FRONT WHEEL RAMPS ARE FROM HARBOR FREIGHT, THEY COME TWO IN A BOX, I JUST CUT ONE IN THE CENTER, BOLTED ON A 6X11 PIECE OF 11 GA SHEET STEEL, SO THE NOSE OF THE SPYDER CLEARS THE RAMP.
    ALL THO THE RAMP WILL STAY IN PLACE WITH OUT PINS, I DID PUT 1/4 BOLT THROUGH THE END OF THE RAMP INTO A CROSS BRACE ON THE GATE, THIS MAKES IT EASYIER TO PUT THE RAMPS IN THE SAME LOCATION EACH TIME.
    FROM THE PICTURE YOU CAN SEE THAT, AND HOW I TIE DOWN THE SPYDER.

THE VIDEO IS

Spyder Garage

I hear you, I hear you! nice and to the point video! thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default trailer

i've been trying to buy an enclosed trailer for my RT, but they are very expensive. approx what do you have $$ invested in your rig?

Spyder Garage

Default Used??

I also have shopped for enclosed trailer for RT.. I find the new ones that work as a back up garage to be around $3000 but these are tough times.. I have found a couple of used one in excellent condition for about $1200 and that's pretty reasonable to protect a spyder investment...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default enclosed trailer

hey bikerdoc put me on to a good used enclosed trailer in that price range and i will buy it today

Spyder Garage

Default enclosed trailer

the reason i am anxious to purchase one right away is i have to go to texas for my brothers funeral this week and i have no car, will pull trailer with motorhome.

Spyder Garage

Yep, I load mine the same way, I just use the lawn mower ramps on the gate of the trailer.

I would love to find a nice enclosed trailer, but new ones range from 3 to 5 grand and people are wanting around the same for used ones.

A buddy of mine has a 6x10 enclosed trailer with a rear ramp I can use, but it was tight getting the GS in it...I don't think the RT will clear the door sides...

Spyder Garage

Default 6x10 trasiler

won't work the RT requires 60&1/2 in to clear the entrance. so you need 61 or 62 at least.

Spyder Garage

Default correction

the RT requires 61.9in therefore you weill need 62.5 or larger to clear safely.

Spyder Garage

Default senior moment

sorry guys and gals having a senior moment cant do simple math.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer cost

I found the trailer on Craigs list, Guy was asking $1100, I offered $900. He took it, then paid $60 for ramps.
    We go camping a lot, now can go set up, leave dogs in camper, and go for day rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt jim View Post
    the reason i am anxious to purchase one right away is i have to go to texas for my brothers funeral this week and i have no car, will pull trailer with motorhome.
    My condolences on the death of your brother.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to learn of your brother's passing. Please accept out condolences.

Ron & Peggy

Spyder Garage

Default will look

I don't have a line on one currently but will look for you.. I look online and in different communiy papers for 7ft by 12 ft enclosed trailer.(that holds the RT nicely) . last one I found was in Bradenton
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have an Express 6X12 enclosed trailer that I can get my RT in. I had to cut a little off the inside of the door frame, mount some swim tubes on it and the wires and can drive it up inside. I do have to admit that there is about 1/2 inch clearance on each side

Spyder Garage

Default Look at Aluma

I haul my RS on an Aluma open trailer. I like seeing it in the mirror. You might have to wash it when you arrive but that's not a big deal. This trailer is very low profile and light weight. Also cheaper than and enclosed one. Consider the trade-offs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had this one built for the spyder. The ramp is at such an angle you can ride right up; no additional ramps needed. It has chocks for the front wheels as well. Works for me.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I had this one built for the spyder. The ramp is at such an angle you can ride right up; no additional ramps needed. It has chocks for the front wheels as well. Works for me.
    Nice setup. Save that picture because I dont think we will be seeing gas prices that cheap anytime soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I like your trailer its nice that you have low ramp angle so spyder does not bottom out while being loaded and also the front deflector to keep road debris off of spyder. Triton trailers also make a nice aluminum trailer that will fit a spyder.www. tritontrailers.com

Spyder Garage

I use one of the landscape trailers if I HAVE to trailer the RT ( or the RS, I sold ). I block the trailer wheels, raise the front on the jack all the way, and put jacks under the back to hold the trailer steady. The RT clears fine.

I would like a enclosed trailer to store/transport the Rt, but the lack of green stuff gets in the way.
    Ride safe and have fun.
    OldManZues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have ordered a RT-S. I have a 8X16 ranch trailer. I don't have ramp, just small ramps to load my Kubota. I am thinking of having one built at local trailer shop. One that folds up...I guess I will have to take the Spyder to the shop and make sure they make one that will allow me to drive the machine up on the trailer without hitting the bottom....I will use on my Gold Wing trike as well....not sure how long that ramp will need to be....may be heavy to lift...oh well.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.