Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default o2 modifier install

I am about to install the Evoluzione O2 modifier and have a couple of questions:
    1. It calls for the battery to be disconnected. Can you do this install with out doing this or is this needed to protect the emc.
    2. If the battery is disconnected does the spyder have to be set up again on buds.
    Thanks

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

1. Yes
    2. No
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You only have to reset your clock. The days of the compassard are gone, every thing is stored on chips now.

Spyder Garage

No need to disconnect the battery--- last time I re-installed my O2-mod I didn't.....

Just plug and then GO PLAY!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    No need to disconnect the battery--- last time I re-installed my O2-mod I didn't.....

Just plug and then GO PLAY!

The only variation I made was to use some high temp silicone around the threads of the new plug. Probably wasn't necessary, but it made me feel better.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Just Installed mine...

I installed Evoluzione's O2 Modifier today, to enrich air-gas mixture, after having installed Hindle exhaust and KewlMetal air-filter arrangement some time ago.

Have had no time to test results as it is now night and it is raining. Will surely do it tomorrow.

I wonder what to expect from this modification in terms of "seat-of-the-pants" performance results, like more power, less hesitation, more responsiveness, better idle, less pre-ignition hiccups, less backfiring downstairs, lower operating temperatures, more gas consumption, etc.

Your educated opinions will surely be appreciated.

Saludos, Pilo
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pilo View Post
    I wonder what to expect from this modification in terms of "seat-of-the-pants" performance results, like more power, less hesitation, more responsiveness, better idle, less pre-ignition hiccups, less backfiring downstairs, lower operating temperatures, more gas consumption, etc.

Saludos, Pilo
    You pretty much nailed it all. You will definitely feel less hesitation, and faster throttle response in the lower areas. It completely cured my backfiring on deceleration issue, my Spyder is running a whole lot cooler as well. In the one test I did I was getting about 27 mpg, and don't know if that is good or bad to you. The one thing it did not do is change my idle at all, the Spyder still fluctuates between 1350 and 1400 RPM during idle.

I hope it works as good for you as it has for me.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

I install mine a couple of days ago and agree with SpyderWolf

Spyder Garage

Default Lazy Way

Disconnected factory o2 sensor wires from four-pin connector (under seat) and connected evoluzione o2 modifier. Wrapped original sensor wires watertight and secured under seat. Just left the o2 sensor in exhaust replacing with the supplied plug and gasket seemed unnecessary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpy View Post
    Disconnected factory o2 sensor wires from four-pin connector (under seat) and connected evoluzione o2 modifier. Wrapped original sensor wires watertight and secured under seat. Just left the o2 sensor in exhaust replacing with the supplied plug and gasket seemed unnecessary.
    It's unnecessary only if you NEVER intend to use it again (like when you sell). Leaving the O2 sensor without power will ruin it.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Two months went by...

I installed Evoluzione's O2 Modifier today, to enrich air-gas mixture, after having installed Hindle exhaust and KewlMetal air-filter arrangement some time ago.

Have had no time to test results as it is now night and it is raining. Will surely do it tomorrow.

Saludos, Pilo
    After a couple of months following installation, I cannot see any noticeably difference.

In fact the pre-ignition hiccups and exhaust backfiring are still there.

I just wonder if when I secured it under the seat with a tie-wrap I might have overtightened the wrap and perhaps damaged the unit...

Saludos, Pilo
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Spyder Garage

After a couple of months following installation, I cannot see any noticeably difference.

In fact the pre-ignition hiccups and exhaust backfiring are still there.

I just wonder if when I secured it under the seat with a tie-wrap I might have overtightened the wrap and perhaps damaged the unit...

Saludos, Pilo
    so i reinstalled the 02 sensor then installed jb pro that made a difference for sure and you have to have the 02 sensor in to have the jb pro.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    It's unnecessary only if you NEVER intend to use it again (like when you sell). Leaving the O2 sensor without power will ruin it.

Thanks, I did not know that.

Spyder Garage

I installed the O2 modifier today and now I wonder why I waited so long. After installing the Kewl Metal performance exhaust, I decided I'd better try it. This is the best $96 I've spent to date.

No more throttle hesitation, popping/backfiring or surging. I did have all these problems prior to the new exhaust. From the looks of my O2 sensor, I think it was bad. It was very brown when I removed it.

I followed the instructions and then let it idle for about 15 minutes, took it for a ride and was not impressed. I shut it down for about 45 minutes then fired it back up. The bike ran very well after that.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post
    I installed the O2 modifier today and now I wonder why I waited so long. After installing the Kewl Metal performance exhaust, I decided I'd better try it. This is the best $96 I've spent to date.

No more throttle hesitation, popping/backfiring or surging. I did have all these problems prior to the new exhaust. From the looks of my O2 sensor, I think it was bad. It was very brown when I removed it.

I followed the instructions and then let it idle for about 15 minutes, took it for a ride and was not impressed. I shut it down for about 45 minutes then fired it back up. The bike ran very well after that.
    Glad to hear it is working well for you too.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post

When you make any modifications to the exhaust or air flow on the Spyder, nanny, sensing something is different, will make a few minor adjustments over the next several runs and then settle down and let, in this case, the 02 mod do its thing.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires