Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default FLOORBOARDS? PEG MODs?!!

What have you guys done to mod pegs? I'm not into the ankle cuff style of securing feet to the pegs.

I'm currently using velcro: atop the peg; with zip ties. and on bottom of boots. It works, but isn't optimum. Thinking about fabbin' up some floorboards.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rivco (www.rivcoproducts.com) makes a very good set of floorboards. Under the floorboard is enough frame to attach a fence to hold your foot. Make the fence with .25 steel rod. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Those look great.

However as another option ( I like supporting sponsors of this site) try TricLed.com and click their "New and Coming Soon" link at the top. You will find the SFB floorboards.

I think these are a great option as they retain the factory peg position (With their own peg) and gives you a floorboard allowing for multiple foot positions.

Another HUGE plus for these seems to be how they mount. They do NOT require removing of any Tupperware or jacking the Spyder into the air. You do not have to get under the bike to mount brackets or fish old bolts out or in and so on... These seem to be one of the easiest peg/floorboard systems available at this time.

I placed an order for a set this morning and anticipate getting them late next week sometime. Very pleased with the service I received as well
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Which finish did you get IWN2RYD? I'm looking forward to the detailed pics.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by usurp31 View Post
    Which finish did you get IWN2RYD? I'm looking forward to the detailed pics.
    The option for all black.. no other color showing...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Stewgod,

You might want to check out my Seal FloorBoards. They have the largest foot surface available. I don't know what your particular issue is but I ues adhesive stair tread on mine (like a skateboard surface). My feet wander if I don't constantly look at them. With the tread they stick like velcro. There is also enough steel surface that you could rig up some type of toe strap you could slip your foot into. I wish you luck and would be happy to help you further if I can.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

IWN2RYD, did you get your floorboards installed? I'm curious what the all black looks like since they don't have a photo on their site.

Spyder Garage

I've had the all black floorboard for a while. Pics below-

Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by usurp31 View Post
    IWN2RYD, did you get your floorboards installed? I'm curious what the all black looks like since they don't have a photo on their site.
    Nope not yet... Expect them any day now I wanted them to poweder coat them for me so it lasts longer

Spyder Garage

Default My solution

I couldn't find anything out there I really liked, so I made my own.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desert Spyder View Post
    I couldn't find anything out there I really liked, so I made my own.

I like those. Do you have a write-up at all?