Spyder Garage

Default Hope I don't Jinx it...Don't want PMS!

For those of you that have been on this site for a while, you may have recalled my trials and tribulations with my . It spent six MONTHS in 3 different service Departments last year. The issues were anything involved with the DPS (3 months) the DESS (2 months) and a misdiagnosed 12k service where there was nothing wrong but it took them a month to get my Spyder back. Long story on that last one that I'd rather not go into here... In any case, my has been running great since September and now I have completed all of the basic mods I wanted in order to safely make a cross country trip.(madstadt windsheild, comfort seat, EZ Riser from ESI, saddle bags, fog lights, hiway pegs, ESI Triple Play).

I'm hoping to be at the owners event in Maggie Valley in June, and will have to forgo SitS this year as I am planning a 3 week round trip journey to AZ at that time. Can't do Spyderfest as that is my busy time at work.

While there is still no Spyder Dealer less than 75 miles away, I have found a great cycle shop that is employing one of the certified BRP techs that used to work at the local BRP dealer before they closed their doors.

I just had then install my EZ risers and they did a great job and the prices are very reasonable at about half of what my nearest BRP service would charge. I'll probably let them do my tire changes and all the routine maintenance that doesn't require BUDS.

I too suffered from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) for quite a while, as some of you who read my rants can attest to- lil ol thread crapper me
    But I am SO glad I kept my belief that there WAS a good waiting to get out of the issues I've had.

I just passed the 15k mark yesterday and if all goes well
    It should be at 30k next year at this time

I LOVE ryding my !!! and hope to see some old friends and make some new friends on my travels this year!
    Last edited by musicarcade; 01-22-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: not finished
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Good Times

I know it can be hard & very FRUSTRATING try'n to keep the FAITH, when things go wrong, but as you can attest, it's totally worth it in the end.

I just clicked 10K miles myself on Thursday on a 215 mile road trip with Teddy on the backseat & can't relay how much joy it brings me on a daily basis

Good for you, stay safe & keep have'n the FAITH as you accumulate many more miles of smiles
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-22-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added pic

Spyder Garage

I sure hope you didn't jinx yourself with this post as well, and am definitely glad to hear your Spyder has been running great.

When you get a chance, send me a PM with the name of the local cycle shop you are using, as I may want to use their services for some non BUDS involved items in the future as well.

Keep on ryding and having a blast on your good Spyder.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Sorry to read about all your problems on the . Maybe this summer some of SC boys could get together for a little ride. Planning on going to Maggie Valley would like to meet some riders thaat live in the area.

Spyder Garage

Tom,

You deserve a great 2011 on your Spyder.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Tom,

You deserve a great 2011 on your Spyder.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black