Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    You say a good price is MSRP out the door. This is coming from a person in Florida and a person in Nevada; two state that don't have state taxes. What , then is the discount
    We DO have sales tax. My county is 6%(over $1500 on my deal). We don't have state income tax.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    So you're saying a 7% discount. Reasonable. Anybody know what the markup is on an RT?
    Depending on the model, roughly $3000. The dealer does have a "Hold back" similar to new car dealers.

Spyder Garage

Wink

In all reality talking taxes is silly. The focus should be on the Bike price and if any accessories are thrown in. Not to mention warranties labor and maintenance programs can blur the pricing as well. In our area we pay 8.9% plus local additions up to 9.5%. (No income tax)

The dealer I work with has treated us great on two transactions One RT and one RS (Both SE5's and "S's") I will not give to many details. But it is very simple.

A good dealer will work with everyone that comes through the door, but does not give all the profit away. AKA.. Soon to close if they do.

Helping a client, giving them a good deal, and treating them like the are one of the most liked clients is key. Not brown nosing. Forceful dealers only get one sale if they are lucky.

MSRP to about $1800 under MSRP for any version of a current model Spyder is perfect. It all depends on want. Who wants it more, and what it is worth to the buyer.

Now for a 2008-09-10 new and still at the dealer... It is my understanding once they "Buy" the bikes from BRP there is no kick backs. So if they have a 2008 still and selling it for $13k when it originally sold for $19k they are loosing money. BRP is not going to mail them a check to make up the difference. So in this situation it is up to the dealer as to how much they want to continue to pay in taxes, cleaning, etc or sell it for a loss to have room for a newer ride...

All this means is the advice you have already received is very valid. You must shop around to other dealers and your effort will be worth it. If I was you I would also think about contacting two of the dealers that are sponsors here for either the site or events... Cowtown and Bert's (Front page of this site).

Good luck with your purchase and may you have many years of safe fun filled rides!!!
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

welcome
    SPYDRRR

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    The focus should be on the Bike price and if any accessories are thrown in.
    The dealer I work with has treated us great on two transactions One RT and one RS (Both SE5's and "S's") I will not give to many details. But it is very simple.

A good dealer will work with everyone that comes through the door, but does not give all the profit away. AKA.. Soon to close if they do.
    Helping a client, giving them a good deal, and treating them like the are one of the most liked clients is key. Not brown nosing. Forceful dealers only get one sale if they are lucky.
    Now for a 2008-09-10 new and still at the dealer... It is my understanding once they "Buy" the bikes from BRP there is no kick backs. So if they have a 2008 still and selling it for $13k when it originally sold for $19k they are loosing money. BRP is not going to mail them a check to make up the difference. So in this situation it is up to the dealer as to how much they want to continue to pay in taxes, cleaning, etc or sell it for a loss to have room for a newer ride...
    Good luck with your purchase and may you have many years of safe fun filled rides!!!
    Don't try to force a dealer to cut his own throat for the sale... You want hin to be there when you need him...
    (None of us do what we do for a living just for the heck of it... we've got to put food on the table at the end of the day...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Finance

You've gotten lots of good advice!
    This is a great time to buy a leftover. I bought an '09 SM5 for less than dealer cost. No freight or set-up charges.
    I think you can still get get NO interest and NO payments until June '11!
    That's what I did.
    Also to earlier posts. This is also the time to negotiate hard on accessories and extended warranty. I got the BEST 36 mo. for $575.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Don't try to force a dealer to cut his own throat for the sale... You want hin to be there when you need him...
    (None of us do what we do for a living just for the heck of it... we've got to put food on the table at the end of the day...)

When I first moved to Florida, I had a bad urge for a black Corvette convertable. I found what I wanted, paid an outrageous price, (dealer prep, doc fees, yada yada yada) and 3 years later the largest Chevy dealer in the US closed their doors. I'm done with trying to support the dealer. I now go for the best deal. Make no mistake, I'll deal locally whenever I can, but won't be abused again.
    PS: Owned my own nationally francised business for 25+ years. I have seen both sides.

Spyder Garage

By the way, bought my next Vette online at $11k under MSRP, $3K under dealer invoice and it was an 09 bought in July of 08.