Spyder Garage

Default taking my winter spyder adventure to NM then AZ feb 1 to 8

was in FL last year with doc forest and dave. This year I am looking for someone who wants to ride around down to NM, drop the trailer and truck then ride spyder to serria vista AZ where a buddy lives and ride the crap out of whatever twisties the state offers.

I have room for maybe another spyder in the 12 foot inclosed trailer and in the ridgeline I just got. would be a cheap trip for someone who has some time to go tear around for around 5 days.

Was also wondering if anyone in NM has a place on the way to drop the truck and trailer?

this is my plan as of right now, just wondering about the area that people who live down there the best places to ride are?
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter ride

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    was in FL last year with doc forest and dave. This year I am looking for someone who wants to ride around down to NM, drop the trailer and truck then ride spyder to serria vista AZ where a buddy lives and ride the crap out of whatever twisties the state offers.

I have room for maybe another spyder in the 12 foot inclosed trailer and in the ridgeline I just got. would be a cheap trip for someone who has some time to go tear around for around 5 days.

Was also wondering if anyone in NM has a place on the way to drop the truck and trailer?

this is my plan as of right now, just wondering about the area that people who live down there the best places to ride are?
    If you come to PA and pick me up, I will go with you.

Spyder Garage

that would be quite a round about way from MN to AZ,

the great and mighty Len from Cowtown may be going but there is always room for one more.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

that would be quite a round about way from MN to AZ,

the great and mighty Len from Cowtown may be going but there is always room for one more.

thanks for asking but Doc and I are still in the cave... Now as to Len.... that guy doesn't have the time, he needs to work and pay for the new addtion to his family.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    thanks for asking but Doc and I are still in the cave... Now as to Len.... that guy doesn't have the time, he needs to work and pay for the new addtion to his family.

you and doc are ALWAYS welcome.

Always up for another adventure.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

I'm up in Tucson, about an hour away, but there are definitely some nice rides in that area around Sierra Vista. You're going to be close Tombstone (OK Corral) and the run to Bisbee is nice too. It is higher elevation down there and some mountain riding is close by. Then up by Tucson there's some nice cruising riding through the Saguaro National Monuments (bring the camera). There are a few other Spyder Ryders around here too, maybe some of us can join ya!
    We were just hit with a huge cold spell yesterday, some areas got some snow dumped on them. It should be nice though when you come on down. Be safe!

Spyder Garage

cool, I am wondering if anyone in New Mexico on the way down has a place for a ridgeline and trailer for a few days.

hopefully I can get some cowtown travel buddies with me.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

191 is also a good run, it's the Dragon Tail of AZ. You can go up the border of NM or AZ cross and head down the other.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I live in Truth or or Consequences,NM. I should be able to find room for your vehicle at that time. My plan is to be home around Feb 4 to 12,but someone will be there there the whole time. Just south of there is NM 152 which cuts through the Gila forest to Silver City,NM. Twisty and limited traffic,a really nice ride. Also a nice ride is US 60 from Globe AZ to Show Low AZ, unless you get stuck behind one of us damn truckers with a heavy load of copper trying to get out of the Salt River Canyon. Just send me a PM, and I'll get you my email & phone number.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisadaydream View Post
    I live in Truth or or Consequences,NM. I should be able to find room for your vehicle at that time. My plan is to be home around Feb 4 to 12,but someone will be there there the whole time. Just south of there is NM 152 which cuts through the Gila forest to Silver City,NM. Twisty and limited traffic,a really nice ride. Also a nice ride is US 60 from Globe AZ to Show Low AZ, unless you get stuck behind one of us damn truckers with a heavy load of copper trying to get out of the Salt River Canyon. Just send me a PM, and I'll get you my email & phone number.
    that is were we are going thru,

my buddy is checking into tracks around AZ and NM, he had found three, I was hoping someone also knew someone who could get us on the track for a few hours. Got see if len and I can get more out of the spyders.

I will pm ya, the days are going to be more of jan 29 thru the feb 6th.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

There is a new track in Wilcox, AZ, one in Deming, NM and one in Phoenix, AZ. They do have track days for motorcycles, there are some open days your can rent the track privately. I have never made it to a motorcycle track day and not sure they will allow it, but they put the machine through a safety inspection and require leathers, possibly fabric riding gear will pass. You will have to tape off or remove and glass/plastic lights and reflectors/turnsignals. You would probably want to disconnect any hot lamps with tape on them.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default stay in Carlsbad

cool, I am wondering if anyone in New Mexico on the way down has a place for a ridgeline and trailer for a few days.

hopefully I can get some cowtown travel buddies with me.
    I have plenty of room, 10 acres on the edge of town, in Carlsbad, NM. I've got a yellow spyder... Weather has been nice here all winter except last couple days (cold, no snow... about upper 40s, but going back to 70's this week).

Come on down and let's ride. I've got full RV hookups too if you need it and lots of room in my drive for a trailer (all paved)
    Lon
    email me at spydie at me dot com

Spyder Garage

I haven't done it since the late '80s, but does Carlsbad still have a motorcycle rally?
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"jan 29 thru the feb 6th" The dates are fine, and depending how early you plan on hitting it on the 6th your welcome to my Super Bowl party. The food will be great.
    Plus here is link to the track in Deming.
    http://www.arroyosecoraceway.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonlawrence View Post
    I have plenty of room, 10 acres on the edge of town, in Carlsbad, NM. I've got a yellow spyder... Weather has been nice here all winter except last couple days (cold, no snow... about upper 40s, but going back to 70's this week).

Come on down and let's ride. I've got full RV hookups too if you need it and lots of room in my drive for a trailer (all paved)
    Lon
    email me at spydie at me dot com
    cool I have to figure out when we are hitting NM.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

I'm in Tucson and should be around if you get this way. Sierra Vista/Bisbee/Tombstone is only an hour away. A lttle further west there's some nice rides around Arivaca, too. I would avoid Show Low and the high country this time of year unless you put snow tires and chains on your ride. Lots of really nice rides around Globe, Strawberry, Payson, Flagstaff, Prescott, etc... but could be lots of snow. (Mad Matt is in Prescott and can provide more specifics on that area, too.)
    Don't think, just because it's Arizona that it will be warm. Most of the areas you're looking at will be in the 50's for a high and nighttime temps in the 30's.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

I should be leaving here on the 28th hopefully the 27th of january, my buddy in Serria vista said that one track was having track days the weekend in january so if len and I could make a real RS track video or two that would be great.

Got to get some phone #'s for tracks down there or hook ups.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

going to drop off in Consequences NM and haul the mail all over AZ,NM if anyone is around hit me up on here.

Len from cowtown and I should be down there on sunday jan 30th.

Track days??

crash tester for:

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SethO;274790]was in FL last year with doc forest and dave. This year I am looking for someone who wants to ride around down to NM, drop the trailer and truck then ride spyder to serria vista AZ where a buddy lives and ride the crap out of whatever twisties the state offers.

I would like to go if you still have room. My number is 309-258-7592

Spyder Garage

[quote=Peoriafirefighter;279594]

I would like to go if you still have room. My number is 309-258-7592

pm sent I will see what we can setup.

crash tester for: