Thread: Dual exhausts.

Spyder Garage

Default Dual exhausts.

Hello. Firstly, a big thank you to AtaDude for his interest and input. I have completed the initial phase of developing the pipes and include a few photos for interest. The Spyder now sounds a like a Ducati on steroids, red lines in all gears without missing a beat and runs perfectly. The sound is seriously loud so next stage is to include a crossover with bigger mufflers (100mm) and see how that goes. Lots of interest from other Spyder owners as well as two wheelers who all agree that the balanced look of a pipe on either side is stunning.
    Regards and Happy Holidays.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice job. I love the dual pipe out the back look.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

The balanced look is awesome !
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Insy View Post
    Hello. Firstly, a big thank you to AtaDude for his interest and input. I have completed the initial phase of developing the pipes and include a few photos for interest. The Spyder now sounds a like a Ducati on steroids, red lines in all gears without missing a beat and runs perfectly. The sound is seriously loud so next stage is to include a crossover with bigger mufflers (100mm) and see how that goes. Lots of interest from other Spyder owners as well as two wheelers who all agree that the balanced look of a pipe on either side is stunning.
    Regards and Happy Holidays.
    BAAAD BOY, that's what you are!!!!

This is like a dream , something i've been looking for since day one. Now, are you just simply teasing us with it or you are going to produce and sell it, at least the 1into2 part , so everyone can put their own muflres?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dual Pipe

It looks awesome on the I was thinking about doing this type of mod but was concerned with the heat from the exhaust pipe being too close to the drive belt is that an issue with your mod those pipes can get pretty hot

Spyder Garage

You'll probably lose most of the distinct dual sound with a cross-over... but may gain some performance.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badasz View Post
    It looks awesome on the I was thinking about doing this type of mod but was concerned with the heat from the exhaust pipe being too close to the drive belt is that an issue with your mod those pipes can get pretty hot
    take off left side panels and you see pipe as close as 1/2" to the belt - problem solved, no concerns

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post

You'll probably lose most of the distinct dual sound with a cross-over... but may gain some performance.

Doesn't the crossover pipe help to build more torque?
    They look real sharp! Now build some for the RTs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Dual exhausts.

Thanks for the positive comments. As mentioned I see this as a work in progress and will change a few things on the next set. As they are now, I have no issues with heat on the belt. All areas of the primaries that are in close proximity to the belt have been wrapped. The configuration at the moment is left cylinder (from the back) exits on the right of the bike and right comes out on the left. Without a crossover the sound is a very distinct staccato beat as you hear the individual cylinders firing independently. A lot of people think it sounds awesome but personally it gets a bit much when doing a longish trip (even with earplugs and a Uvex helmet). Introducing a crossover and increasing the can size should harmonize and mute the sound.
    The only other issue to mention is that I fabricated an extension to the park brake pedal without which you would have to depress the brake with the toe of your boot. As for marketing the final product, economically it makes no sense. A good exhaust fabricator specializing in bike performance setups, situated near wherever you are, will be a better option. Go visit them. They all love a challenge.
    Ride safe.