Thread: Spyder in neon

Spyder Garage

Talking Spyder in neon

Found a company who makes neon wire, www.Glowire.com so I removed the front bumper and had a paint shop do the "Spyder" in white and then followed up with the green neon Glowire. It is connected to the 3 amp fuse which powers accessories. The dash light is on same fuse and it stays on for a couple of moments after the key is off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On going mods..
    Can-Am fog lights, foot peg ext., back rest, spoke wheels. Kewlmetal windshield trim, mirror ext., highway peg mounts. Heli bar riser. Tricfender lights. LED's in frunk and fender tips. Red Glowrider wheel lights. Modified tag light. Glowire "Spyder" on bumper. Hindle exhaust. Soft saddle bags. Brite Thread pin striping. Orginal yellow paint redone in gloss black. Crampbusters on both grips. Driving lights on fender mounts.

Spyder Garage

Can i be honest with you i like it alot i really do But the "d" in spyder needs inprovement. jmo i wish i could show you how i would have made the "d".

Roger

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feed back.. I had a hard time getting the wire to bend and lay flat. Also the angle of the bumper is not doing the "d" justice
    On going mods..
    Can-Am fog lights, foot peg ext., back rest, spoke wheels. Kewlmetal windshield trim, mirror ext., highway peg mounts. Heli bar riser. Tricfender lights. LED's in frunk and fender tips. Red Glowrider wheel lights. Modified tag light. Glowire "Spyder" on bumper. Hindle exhaust. Soft saddle bags. Brite Thread pin striping. Orginal yellow paint redone in gloss black. Crampbusters on both grips. Driving lights on fender mounts.

Spyder Garage

SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Very Cool!
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mainah View Post
    Thanks for the feed back.. I had a hard time getting the wire to bend and lay flat. Also the angle of the bumper is not doing the "d" justice
    That's true you are working on a bend their.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Nice work !
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I LIKE

Spyder Garage

I like the idea, do you think that the wire could be bent in sharp enough angles to outline teeth?
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is WAayyyy cool! Is that stuff pretty tough, or does it look like it's a break looking for a place to happen? Anway...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glowire says the wire can be bent within its radius so no tight/ folded bends. I think it would be possible to bend for teeth if wanted. Its about 1/8 thick and its a finer wire with in a cover just like normal project wire. It can be spliced together and all colors can be mixed and matched. The kit I got had 2 quick connectors so I could add a 2nd color string if wanted. Glowire even show options for adding it on RC's? Thinking my toy spyder might be gettng a mod! You can test with just a 9 volt battery.
    On going mods..

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'll have to look into it.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Great Job !!!!!!! I really like how it looks

Spyder Garage

How very cool what a great idea. I sure wish that I had these ideas to make my spider stick out in a crowd
    Open up your Mind and let your Fantasies Unwind!

Spyder Garage

AWESOME!!!
    now i have to decide if i want that instead of Dayrunner type stuff.....
    that would be great for visibility.

Question: are they bright enough to actually increase nighttime vision? or are they just stellar show pieces?

Spyder Garage

The Glow wire is only for show. Not really any light from it.
    On going mods..