Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default who is still riding?

still getting to work and back everyday there is not more than 3 inchs of snow on the road.

anyone else driving around.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

We are, those of us living or are in Florida... even at 40 degrees.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    still getting to work and back everyday there is not more than 3 inchs of snow on the road.

anyone else driving around.
    Hey Seth. I'm not in Minnesota, but I'm still riding every day. Although there was a pretty heavy snow fall last week which kept me off the roads. Just way to slippery with 4 inches of snow on the roads before the plows came out. Once they went by it was ok.

Cheers from Newfoundland and be safe out there on the white stuff.
    Dean

Spyder Garage

Not me ! Parked til spring ,snow and salt on the roads til March . Although Tronto International Motercycle show starts Friday,hope to see the 2011 Spyders there .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Weekend riding is about all I do this time of year. I want to be able to see any icy patches in the road ... and it's just too danged cold at night! Thank goodness for heated gear.
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default who is still riding?

Here in Perth, Western Australia we are fortunate that we can ride all year round, but this is now the start of Summer, so it may get a bit warm at times (February around 40 degrees C).

This weekend we are off to Augusta, 320km south, for a toy-run which runs 95km to Busselton,
    (Is the the longest toy-run for motorcycles in the world?)
    then a 228km return ride to Perth. So all up 640km.

regards
    Al

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Still ridin in TX.

Spyder Garage

I rode saturday 35 degrees plus windchill basically it was ok but i had the wrong gloves on.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I rode saturday 35 degrees plus windchill basically it was ok but i had the wrong gloves on.
    Same here, 34 degrees yesterday with a wind chill of 18

We frooze our behinds off is what we did.
    But yes, we are still out there.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Still ryding here in Portland, Oregon. Sometimes wet, sometimes cool but, overall, good year-round ryding. As a matter of fact, I'll be with the Patriot Guards this afternoon honoring a fallen Hero.

Spyder Garage

Not me: I parked mine on October 15th in the garage at my new house. I figured it would snow around moving day (Oct 29th) and I was right--It snowed ON moving day. I definately would not think of riding my two-wheeler in the snow--and would be tempted to ride Spyder---but have not---because I am not confident about what the drivers around me will do. In Alaska, most people drive pickups and SUV's. The thought of one of those running into me or running me off the road--is just a little more chance than I am willing to take. I will be driving in late March--the usual time when the snow melts off the road. Actually this year, I am guessing it will be more like mid March instead of late--because I got off the side of the mountain, and don't have to wait for the ice to melt from my curvy steep driveway. The new driveway is straight and has a slight incline that I can deal with. Im still in a secluded place, with woods around me, but I hopefully can drive my Spyder earlier next season. Time will tell. Seth is definately a brave sport.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

still riding here in Mass/NH
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default California to Oklahoma

and back last week (11/30 to 12/5) and did not see a single Spyder on the road.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Cold Weather Riding

I have the gear for it, but I'm in the middle of installing a 2" riser on the handle bars and trying to figure out the best place to put my new Nuvi 265T I got for Christmas... and a few finishing up details on my power port install.. Glenn

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I am still riding to work every day in North Branch Minn And I drive the plow trucks so I am out before the plows are out. How much snow do you have Seth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Still doing it

The right gear and dry roads, I'm gonna try for year round. Y'all be safe, hear.

Spyder Garage

Still ryding and plan to all Winter depending on the deep pow and ice. Wind chills got down to 4 above zero on the way home tonight. I've opted for the snowmobile gear at this point. Toasty while on the road..but cold walking into work from the parking lot.

Actually very impressed thus far with the Kumho Ecsta AST back tire. It doesn't have a lot of grip in the snow but enough to keep me on the road thus far. Running 35-40 PSI.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm ryding. We generally get some nice ryding days in every month in south west BC. Get a lot of rain, too. Take the good with the bad, I guess.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofthebronx View Post
    The right gear and dry roads, I'm gonna try for year round. Y'all be safe, hear.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Still riding to work when back home. Lows of 25 and high winds. Ordered handle bar muffs for lower temperatures.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

still riding when atleast 50,last sat not bad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    I am still riding to work every day in North Branch Minn And I drive the plow trucks so I am out before the plows are out. How much snow do you have Seth?
    got about a foot of snow, the roads are icy as snot in areas, the sand bags are helping out. I finally hit triples on the run to work yesterday, too many variables before that. Once we get a day that gets about 20f I think it will get the roads black again. I am riding at 630pm and 6am so it pretty much the coldest times of the day/

I can believe there are this many northern people riding I would have put this on the normal area.

Glad forest got in on this, 40 in the morning maybe, you FL riders are smart to live down there.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Still Riding Here

Still riding in Oklahoma except when wind gusts 30 - 40 mph.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rode Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with temps between mid 40's and mid 60's. Actually some very nice riding days.

Seth, you and tatt2r and Groundeffect and others that ride in those conditions amaze me. I have ridden in the mid 30's and froze my tail off and I have ridden dirt bikes in a few inches of snow. But just the thought of riding a street bike in below freezing temps with snow on the roads scares me to death. Y'all are truly in a class by yourselves.

Cotton

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Still Riding in SW Ontario

The snow is falling heavily about an hour up the 401, but other than temperatures hovering around 30 degrees F the roads are still clear here and I am still riding.

Plan on a three hour drive up the 401 to Toronto on Friday if the temperature is above 30 degrees and there is no snow forecasted for the snow belt area around London Ontario.