While most Spyder owners that carry a passenger usually look for rear foot peg extensions, we had a different dilemma. Our 8 year old son could only touch the rear foot pegs with the tips of his toes, and this made ryding any distance uncomfortable for him. We were looking for a solution to the problem, and decided to talk to the guys at a local speed shop about it.

Fortunately, I had changed all of my stock foot pegs so we already had an extra set of rear pegs available. One of the guys looked things over for a while and said he had an idea. We left the spare pegs with him and awaited his call.

2 days later he called and said everything was ready for us to go pick the finished product up. This was actually a pretty simple solution, and I thought it looked funny as could be at first, but they actually work very well and our son is much more comfortable now that he can have his entire foot on the peg.

Here are pictures of the current prototype we are using, if the testing continues to go well he offered to build a set out of stainless steel for us.

This is a side view of the rear foot pegs when deployed for use:

This is a 3/4 view from the rear to show a little more detail in how they look when deployed:

This is a view of them in the folded back position:

These rods actually raise the upper set of pegs about 3 inches above the stock position of the lower set. It may look quite a bit different than most foot peg mods, but they are working well and my wife and son like them a lot so I guess that is all that matters at this point.