Spyder Garage

Default Rear Foot Peg Risers

While most Spyder owners that carry a passenger usually look for rear foot peg extensions, we had a different dilemma. Our 8 year old son could only touch the rear foot pegs with the tips of his toes, and this made ryding any distance uncomfortable for him. We were looking for a solution to the problem, and decided to talk to the guys at a local speed shop about it.

Fortunately, I had changed all of my stock foot pegs so we already had an extra set of rear pegs available. One of the guys looked things over for a while and said he had an idea. We left the spare pegs with him and awaited his call.

2 days later he called and said everything was ready for us to go pick the finished product up. This was actually a pretty simple solution, and I thought it looked funny as could be at first, but they actually work very well and our son is much more comfortable now that he can have his entire foot on the peg.

Here are pictures of the current prototype we are using, if the testing continues to go well he offered to build a set out of stainless steel for us.

This is a side view of the rear foot pegs when deployed for use:

This is a 3/4 view from the rear to show a little more detail in how they look when deployed:

This is a view of them in the folded back position:

These rods actually raise the upper set of pegs about 3 inches above the stock position of the lower set. It may look quite a bit different than most foot peg mods, but they are working well and my wife and son like them a lot so I guess that is all that matters at this point.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

What more could you want from a mod like this? It even folds up flat and out of the way when not in use!!

Some pretty creative people out there, I must say!! Enjoy your rydes with you son!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

That is way a cool mod. Seeing that gives me an idea. I will have to find me some stock rear pegs.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My wife is only 5' 1"...i'd order a set in a heartbeat.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies, and compliments, so far. I have to admit that I had nothing to do with this except for the donation of the other set of stock rear foot pegs. The creativity in this mod lies with my wife and the fabricator at the speed shop.

I could try to get the specs from him for anyone else that might be interested in getting someone to fabricate the same thing for them. We are not looking into making these and selling them or anything, this was just a solution to a problem we had that I wanted to share with the rest of you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Great job,looks good and functional !
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the same problem Wolf my son is 8 can not get his foot on flat.He was fine with stock seat and we rode everywhere and he had fun.Then got the corbin seat and now he can not get his feet flat.So now he is a little sad that he can not ride til he gets a little taller.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    I have the same problem Wolf my son is 8 can not get his foot on flat.He was fine with stock seat and we rode everywhere and he had fun.Then got the corbin seat and now he can not get his feet flat.So now he is a little sad that he can not ride til he gets a little taller.
    Our son told us it created pressure points and made him very uncomfortable in certain places. He is much happier now though. The good thing is when he is tall enough to reach the stock pegs, we just remove the adapter rod.

If you would like more details about this set up, just let me know via PM and I will help you out as much as I possibly can.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Wolf I will let you know after I decide what I want to do.Its winter now so I am hoping by April or May he will reach pegs better.My son is growing like a weed so I hope it will not be a problem come spring.Thanks again.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    Thanks Wolf I will let you know after I decide what I want to do.Its winter now so I am hoping by April or May he will reach pegs better.My son is growing like a weed so I hope it will not be a problem come spring.Thanks again.
    You are most welcome, and I hope he grows enough so you won't need any assistance by spring time as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Wow way cool please keep us up to date on these. I will for get a set myself for my kids. I woukd think not only for comfort but safety too! thanks !
    Open up your Mind and let your Fantasies Unwind!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mclaw44 View Post
    Wow way cool please keep us up to date on these. I will for get a set myself for my kids. I woukd think not only for comfort but safety too! thanks !
    I am not producing them, or marketing them for anyone else, but will be happy to provide the details of how they were made. I believe any metal shop worker should be able to recreate the rod system without any difficulty. The main issue is having to get another set of rear foot pegs in order for this to work.

If you are interested in that level of detail, send me a PM and I will do my best to explain everything to you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!