Thread: Water

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Water

Here in Barstow, CA the local water company has declared the tap water unsafe to drink due to percolates in the water. The whole town of 25,000 now has to use bottled water for an unknown duration. Haiti should be a lesson for all of us in having emergency provisions available anywhere and anytime. Our beloved Spyder's frunk provides an excellent space for emergency water. I wonder how many of us actually carries it however.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

We try and remember to carry water where ever we go...Spyder or Escape.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Hang in there Dudley & Kjen! Hope you guys get to drink your water soon! Yes, I carry water with me all the time.

Spyder Garage

The Air Force Base I was staioned at had/has a similar problem. I didn't live on base so I don't know what was done about sink water, but the water fountains were taped off.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Water

I had a kidney transplant 3 years ago, always have safe bottled water with me. I travel all across the US for work and can't chance drinking tap water and getting sick. In the US this is should not be a problem but the water supply lines can ruin even the safest water. I ran two small water systems in the past and know this first hand.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Emergency rations...My wife & I are in the process of putting together a year's worth of emergency supplies. Not being paranoid but the current political system and the possibily of hyperinflation and the collapse of our economy is very real. I don't want to get caught with my pants down...Didn't need weapons...already have a ton of them <laughing>.

Spyder Garage

It takes me 1.75 liters of water to travel 600 miles.

Spyder Garage

Here in Florida you are asking for it if you don't carry water with you, we picked up a cooler bag at WM that just fit's in the frunk on top of our tools an first aid box anytime we ride, It holds 6 bottles of water an 2 cans of coke we load it full of ice so we have ice cola drinkingwater. Almost every we ride were more thin happy to give water to someone that forgot about it. Another thing is when someone is broke down here in FL they need to stay hidrated. jc
    Last edited by johnnyg; 11-21-2010 at 05:24 AM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

I have for decades always had a year's supply of food/water as a contingency for "just in case". I know that I can feed/water my entire family..having always lived in the boonies and snow country this is just wise planning...now I look at the political climate and say hmmmm might store up a few more beans/rice/water. Oh yes, I have been asked many times if I am Mormon. Something this group has required from their members for as long as I have memory. Also, saw the other day in Costco a survival bucket that has a 20 year shelf life. (missing is the water...but there is water purifier).
    I always have at least a gallon of water in my Spyder..decided the other day I'd better take it out as temps are dropping into the single digits...was ryding until yesterday (gotta love the Gerbings heated gear)..8" snowfall. Love the snow, will sorely miss ryding......will embrace the beauty of winter as Ms. Spyder stays tethered in her stall until I can again saddle up in the Spring.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NO water? Try substituting Rum... It won't make the problem go away, but you won't care so much!
    (With some sense of seriousness... My Missus is also a transplant patient... going on 5 years now! We always carry a generous supply of clean water for consurmption. That's the reason for all of the space in the RTs!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I have for decades always had a year's supply of food/water as a contingency for "just in case". I know that I can feed/water my entire family..having always lived in the boonies and snow country this is just wise planning...now I look at the political climate and say hmmmm might store up a few more beans/rice/water. Oh yes, I have been asked many times if I am Mormon. Something this group has required from their members for as long as I have memory. Also, saw the other day in Costco a survival bucket that has a 20 year shelf life. (missing is the water...but there is water purifier).
    I always have at least a gallon of water in my Spyder..decided the other day I'd better take it out as temps are dropping into the single digits...was ryding until yesterday (gotta love the Gerbings heated gear)..8" snowfall. Love the snow, will sorely miss ryding......will embrace the beauty of winter as Ms. Spyder stays tethered in her stall until I can again saddle up in the Spring.
    A year supply? Costco must be your best friend!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    Here in Barstow, CA the local water company has declared the tap water unsafe to drink due to percolates in the water. The whole town of 25,000 now has to use bottled water for an unknown duration. Haiti should be a lesson for all of us in having emergency provisions available anywhere and anytime. Our beloved Spyder's frunk provides an excellent space for emergency water. I wonder how many of us actually carries it however.
    Geez, dude, that is insane! We do carry water when we ride but probably not enough. I think we will also rethink the extra provisions thing as well now.

I hope they get your water safe to drink soon. The question is, will you ever trust it again? All the best to all down there.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S